2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

metadave
Fantasy
2715th
11/18/2020 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 11/18/2020 8:25pm
metadave wrote:
This. He seems to excel in that set up. It was wild how fast he dropped off when he went to GT from a top rider...
This. He seems to excel in that set up. It was wild how fast he dropped off when he went to GT from a top rider and then came right back swinging again when he got back to Mondraker. With two years of worth of two very different comebacks, I hope he's in the best position he can be in for next season.
I wonder if he would have done better on GT had he been around for when they updated the fury to the current version. He was...
I wonder if he would have done better on GT had he been around for when they updated the fury to the current version. He was still using the weird old design when he was on GT
I did have that thought as well, the LTS Fury does look like a far better bike, but I also wonder about team setup.

Anneke seemed to fall off on the GT program as well, while others like Maes and Wyn have really succeeded in the program. The Athertons had a pretty successful bout on that Fury
qblambda
11/19/2020 12:34am
I wonder when we'll start seeing trolls from Rachel again.
11/19/2020 1:10am
qblambda wrote:
I wonder when we'll start seeing trolls from Rachel again.
Normally this team rumors thread gets trolled by SC Syndicate themselves, but they are suspiciously quiet... Whistling
11/19/2020 5:27am
I think it would be nuts for loris to leave the SCS. Ths SCS is one of the biggest teams, I don't see what Trek has to offer him besides, maybe, money and I don't think it would be much more than SC. I think it's pretty well stablished that he's the future of the SCS greg might have a couple more competitive years but Loris is difinetly on a steady come up and it would be nuts of the syndicate to let him go if this is about money.
Zuestman
Fantasy
552nd
11/19/2020 12:56pm
Kade Edwards is on red bull
Based on the RedBull Bike IG stories...looks like he didnt even know it was coming
11/19/2020 11:07pm
New trek bike is a high pivot,idler speed machine. Rumour has it the French rider who will get to develop it needs to get some space from a certain Yorkshire chap.

Trek riders have in their contracts that if they become a world champ as a trek athlete they must be offer a contract extension/new contract, Reece was super close to looking for a team.
11/20/2020 1:12am
Kade Edwards is on red bull
Zuestman wrote:
Based on the RedBull Bike IG stories...looks like he didnt even know it was coming
I'm not really surprised that he is on red bull
He is the rider that any brand will want. He's got a big social media, talented on a bike, has the ability to bring in publicity to the brand with his skills and isn't slow on the bike
11/20/2020 1:34am
I'm not really surprised that he is on red bull He is the rider that any brand will want. He's got a big social media, talented...
He is the rider that any brand will want. He's got a big social media, talented on a bike, has the ability to bring in publicity to the brand with his skills and isn't slow on the bike
I’m nobody but to me he is more suited towards that stuff than racing. Ever since he discovered Instagram he just doesn’t put any effort into the world cups, just like Kaos. Both of them have style for days and are awesome riders but racing? Not so much... it’s wouldn’t be surprised if Kade took a more freeridy approach now that he has money from red bull.
pimpin gimp
Fantasy
2554th
11/20/2020 3:59am
Anybody know how red bull sponsorship works? I mean, he’s got a helmet delivered in the post, I presume that’s just an invitation to ride for them? And from there he needs to agree the terms. It’s pretty cool that he’s got the lid, and not at all a surprise (to me anyway, clearly to him!) I’m just interested on the process thereafter
c1c51
Fantasy
101st
11/20/2020 4:16am
I'm very surprised he didn't know about it because if he wants to turn it down, it would look really bad after all the publicity. It kinda pressures him into accepting any terms, even if he might not really want to.
Arobb123
11/20/2020 4:20am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2020 5:32am
I'm not really surprised that he is on red bull He is the rider that any brand will want. He's got a big social media, talented...
I’m nobody but to me he is more suited towards that stuff than racing. Ever since he discovered Instagram he just doesn’t put any effort into...
I’m nobody but to me he is more suited towards that stuff than racing. Ever since he discovered Instagram he just doesn’t put any effort into the world cups, just like Kaos. Both of them have style for days and are awesome riders but racing? Not so much... it’s wouldn’t be surprised if Kade took a more freeridy approach now that he has money from red bull.
That seems a bit unfair to say he doesn't put any effort into racing as he has three top 20's and if I remember correctly from last year there were a few times he seemed on pace until punctures and crashes etc and seems to be clear that he's not where he wants to be when he finishes off the pace, that being said redbull sponsorship probably means he will be invited to rampage and other freeride events so may shift that way regardless of race results.
brash
11/20/2020 2:36pm
Red Bull might be looking in a different direction to result based sponsorships. Instagram clout, video parts.....

It's all about exposure to make little Jimmy grab a can of the blue and silver go-go juice down the local shop. Little Jimmy doesn't give a shit that Kade came 18th at the last world cup, but he did see him do a 1080 quadruple barspin pancake bar turn on his Bmx on Instagram!

I'm more stoked Remy Morton got a gig. When I landed in Queenstown I didn't know wtf was going on. Remy was in the lift line at Skyline, we talked for a bit then ripped laps all afternoon! Killer rider and amazing human.
Ahab
Fantasy
1430th
11/20/2020 3:50pm
Walker Shaw to Syndicate, MAKE IT HAPPEN
11/20/2020 4:13pm
New trek bike is a high pivot,idler speed machine. Rumour has it the French rider who will get to develop it needs to get some space...
New trek bike is a high pivot,idler speed machine. Rumour has it the French rider who will get to develop it needs to get some space from a certain Yorkshire chap.

Trek riders have in their contracts that if they become a world champ as a trek athlete they must be offer a contract extension/new contract, Reece was super close to looking for a team.
Can you elaborate anymore on the French rider/Yorkshire chap stuff? I know who you're talking about, which is why is seems so surprising to me that that's a driving issue. I would've thought the opposite.
11/21/2020 12:41am
New trek bike is a high pivot,idler speed machine. Rumour has it the French rider who will get to develop it needs to get some space...

Can you elaborate anymore on the French rider/Yorkshire chap stuff? I know who you're talking about, which is why is seems so surprising to me that...
Can you elaborate anymore on the French rider/Yorkshire chap stuff? I know who you're talking about, which is why is seems so surprising to me that that's a driving issue. I would've thought the opposite.
He needs to move on for his own development and to be made to feel numero uno. From what I understand the Yorkshire chap is amazing as a teacher and mentor for young racers and becoming their race weekend Dad. Which is great and will be of benefit until you're at the top and you feel this advice/attention/fuss creates stress and distraction.
ufka_pen15
Fantasy
2150th
11/21/2020 12:46am
Primoz wrote:
Nope, it's the new FOX graphics. https://i.imgur.com/INPXrbw.png
Nope, it's the new FOX graphics.

https://i.imgur.com/INPXrbw.png
ah true, was to excited to quickly haha. also the arch on the lowers is more like the new fox. Tongue
11/21/2020 8:07am

Can you elaborate anymore on the French rider/Yorkshire chap stuff? I know who you're talking about, which is why is seems so surprising to me that...
He needs to move on for his own development and to be made to feel numero uno. From what I understand the Yorkshire chap is amazing...
He needs to move on for his own development and to be made to feel numero uno. From what I understand the Yorkshire chap is amazing as a teacher and mentor for young racers and becoming their race weekend Dad. Which is great and will be of benefit until you're at the top and you feel this advice/attention/fuss creates stress and distraction.
Can anyone elaborate further on who the Yorkshire chap is? I cant think of anyone from yorkshire who fits that description?
11/21/2020 8:50am
He needs to move on for his own development and to be made to feel numero uno. From what I understand the Yorkshire chap is amazing...
lilrocket wrote:
Can anyone elaborate further on who the Yorkshire chap is? I cant think of anyone from yorkshire who fits that description?
See Instagram post above
pimpin gimp
Fantasy
2554th
11/21/2020 11:15am
lilrocket wrote:
Presume Uncle Steve might be an overbearing manager/tutor/father figure who expects a lot.
11/21/2020 1:06pm
lilrocket wrote:
Presume Uncle Steve might be an overbearing manager/tutor/father figure who expects a lot.
Ah I see, apologies my UK geography isnt the best so i didnt realise sheffield was in in Yorkshire. Thanks.
pimpin gimp
Fantasy
2554th
11/21/2020 10:19pm
lilrocket wrote:
Ah I see, apologies my UK geography isnt the best so i didnt realise sheffield was in in Yorkshire. Thanks.
Ha, no bother. I mis-read the initial clue and was originally trying to work out who the Yorkshire based Trek rider was Smile
Mad really. 99.9% of the mtb world would probably love to work under Peaty, maybe Loris is a spy now working under Peaty’s old French nemesis Nico...
11/22/2020 12:13am

Is this your opinion or do you have a source about the new session?
JoseMPM
11/22/2020 10:29am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2020 10:30am
Anybody know how red bull sponsorship works? I mean, he’s got a helmet delivered in the post, I presume that’s just an invitation to ride for...
Anybody know how red bull sponsorship works? I mean, he’s got a helmet delivered in the post, I presume that’s just an invitation to ride for them? And from there he needs to agree the terms. It’s pretty cool that he’s got the lid, and not at all a surprise (to me anyway, clearly to him!) I’m just interested on the process thereafter
Pure speculation, but I would guess they approach the agent/manager, and the sums and support they offer are basically un-down-turnable, so agent/manager says yes (I asumme all have had previous conversations with their riders if they would be up for it were the offer to come in?), and then RedBull delivers. The helmet is even from his own sponsor, and whoever was paiting it knew also for whom it was, so there must be some involvement from the side of the athlete's camp.

I remember the same happening with Emil, with Martin just surprising him after his Crankworx run with a RedBull helmet and him going "WTF????" (it is one of the coolest moment from an amazing documentary on his injury and road back, I know, it is not WC rumors, but since not much is happening, worth the watch).

JoseMPM
11/22/2020 10:31am
Primoz wrote:
Loris is the natural #1 of the SCS going into the future, Minnaar is the 'daddy' of the team, but performance wise, regardless of Minnaar's excellent...
Loris is the natural #1 of the SCS going into the future, Minnaar is the 'daddy' of the team, but performance wise, regardless of Minnaar's excellent results in Lousa, it's Loris that's the future top dog. Plus, like it was mentioned, all the experience in Greg and Steve. There are tons of Santa Cruz bikes out there as noted (I've been noticing it too) and I don't think them going electric 'this late' is an issue. They are part of a group that does cover electric bikes as well (Focus) so honestly it was kinda weird to me to even see electric Santa Cruzes, I kinda thought they would keep it pure? So money can't really be an issue, they are a highly performing brand, if they aren't doing something wrong.

But nevertheless, I'm thinking lately if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, surely it can't be a goose?? Maybe he doesn't feel like he fits in with the syndicate? Though one would wonder if that wouldn't affect his results then...

@JoseMPM You can have a progressive compression tune, so for the really hard hits to have a lot of resistance, which you wouldn't really see under Jordi's hands. I don't reallly know what they run, but like I said, it makse ZERO sense to me to solve damping issues by running an overly stiff spring. There is a time and a place for an overly stiff spring.

And Jure is having an aneurysm. Hey Jure :D
(Besides being very badly implemented, private messages actually don't work for me here on Vital at this moment..)

EDIT: just to add (I was told it might be confusing), this is not in any relation to Jure Žabjek, it's a different Jure who was pissed (thus the aneurysm part) about me being a part of a lot of off-topic posts in this thread.

Gotta trust you on that one, I only know what I fiddle with, but at my weekend warrior level there is not much science happening, at most volume spacer fun :D
Wilbur
11/22/2020 1:31pm
Loris to Trek well that's going to happen, but will the SCS bring on Nina Hoffmann?

Post a reply to: 2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest