2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

8/31/2019 11:56am
They are workhorse bikes, not dentist bikes. They have a workhorse team, nothing flashy.
People don't lust after them.

Im on a 2016 glory for bike park duty. It does a great job, doesn't hold me back, works reasonably well. Could leave it laying in the village and it probably wouldn't even get stolen.

I agree though, they don't try and make their bikes appeal to the fast guys, though the new reign looks sick. Kind of turning into what Kona was doing 10 years ago before the new round of Process'.
grambo
8/31/2019 11:41pm
The modern (2015?) Reign was for sure ahead of the curve, used to see soooo many 2015-2017 Reigns in BC, still see those same bikes but less new ones. Used to have a Glory that was great and reliable.

Jakers
9/3/2019 9:25pm
In outspoken Troy ribbed Bruni a bit about how much they’d ride together if on the same team. In the MSA coverage Wallace was talking about riding more with Finn. And Bruni was also speaking very highly of Fabien.

Maybe all just friendly or maybe some shuffle btwn Canyon and Spec????
9/4/2019 6:50am
Jakers wrote:
In outspoken Troy ribbed Bruni a bit about how much they’d ride together if on the same team. In the MSA coverage Wallace was talking about...
In outspoken Troy ribbed Bruni a bit about how much they’d ride together if on the same team. In the MSA coverage Wallace was talking about riding more with Finn. And Bruni was also speaking very highly of Fabien.

Wallace and Finn are both Canadian and "relatively" close with both being from BC, Fabien is part of the French Nationial team with Loic, and I mostly think the boys were just talking race game. I wouldn't look into that too much. But hot damn would a Loic/Troy race team just smoke the competition the way those two are on form.
9/7/2019 9:03am

Often teams helping out privateers hints to something for the next year. It could be nothing but you never know.
brash
9/7/2019 9:46pm
Joe Breeden was also riding one of Dean Lucas' spare Worlds Scott frames... I wouldn't read into it too much.
9/8/2019 12:59am
During Tahnee's race run, Warner mentioned that Transition might not be the brand that FMD goes with next year...
bartman
9/8/2019 6:48am
Looking forward to this forum lighting up even more now the season is getting towards the end.....only need the EWS to close off now :-)
9/8/2019 8:53am
During Tahnee's race run, Warner mentioned that Transition might not be the brand that FMD goes with next year...
I thought Transition said last year during the rumors that they are signed through 2020... but, I could be mistaken..
Jakers
9/9/2019 9:57am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 10:14am
Wallace’ Insta would seem to indicate he’s signed on with Canyon for the upcoming year as well.

Hart to be be sponsored by Snowshoe #a$$holeofnowhere

metadave
9/13/2019 3:42am
iceman2058 wrote:
Official confirmation from Troy on his Canyon deal extension: View this post on Instagram So excited to say that I have signed a 3 year deal...
Official confirmation from Troy on his Canyon deal extension:

Taking all the fun out if it.....
9/13/2019 5:12am
Jakers wrote:
In outspoken Troy ribbed Bruni a bit about how much they’d ride together if on the same team. In the MSA coverage Wallace was talking about...

Bruni grew up in the South region with Loris both looking up to Fabien Barel and Nicolas Vouilloz. Having Bruni not speaking very highly about Barel would actually be very surprising.
SB14
9/13/2019 6:09am
It would be awesome if Troy would speak on his contract now, him being one of the first contracts to be revealed of the season. Since he brought up the topic in Outspoken. Be the change you want to see bra!!
9/13/2019 3:48pm
SB14 wrote:
It would be awesome if Troy would speak on his contract now, him being one of the first contracts to be revealed of the season. Since...
It would be awesome if Troy would speak on his contract now, him being one of the first contracts to be revealed of the season. Since he brought up the topic in Outspoken. Be the change you want to see bra!!
Unfortunatley there would be something in his contract saying he cant talk about it, and would probably be penalized by the company in some way if he did.
Verbl Kint
9/14/2019 10:11am
Isn't Jared Graves's contract with Spez ending this year?
depeche4
9/14/2019 1:58pm
So do "we" know for sure who's contract is up this year?

Troy, yes and resigned.
Mark, yes and maybe resigned based on his IG post.
Jack Moir is up, is he not?
Laurie, I think so but I do not see him going anywhere. MS has a great rep for how he treats his riders and Laurie has a wicked relationship with Brook.

Who else?
brash
9/14/2019 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2019 2:07pm
Jack had a giant intense sell off of his bikes this week. Wink
metadave
9/14/2019 11:34pm
brash wrote:
I really enjoyed the vibe the pre-gwin intense team had and Jack just seemed down this season to not have like minded people on the team. Hopefully he finds that sort of team again if he's going elsewhere.

oliosky
9/15/2019 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2019 5:45pm
brash wrote:
metadave wrote:
I really enjoyed the vibe the pre-gwin intense team had and Jack just seemed down this season to not have like minded people on the team...
I really enjoyed the vibe the pre-gwin intense team had and Jack just seemed down this season to not have like minded people on the team. Hopefully he finds that sort of team again if he's going elsewhere.

IFR went from punk rock and to adult contemporary in less than 12 months. Pretty obvious reasons for the move toward the beige and boring...

Hope Jack finds his mojo again at a team better suited to his style.
jimmypop
9/15/2019 6:00pm
brash wrote:
A *giant* sell-off? Hmmm
Maxipedia
9/15/2019 11:32pm
metadave wrote:
I really enjoyed the vibe the pre-gwin intense team had and Jack just seemed down this season to not have like minded people on the team...

THIS! The young loud Intense team of Jack, Dean and Charlie was the best ever and definitely the most fun out there. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves and results started to come together. For chrissakes, they were wearing polka dot TLD kits nobody would actually buy and score top 20's on them AND carry a full size grin at the end of each run, not giving an F. Compare that to the utterly BORING image and seriousness of this year. Sad I get it, they were marred by injuries, but regardless, it never looked like a team, but rather like ”Gwin and sidekicks”. And I say that having great respect for Neko and Jack.

I too hope IFR finds some mojo. And even not being a Gwin fan I hope he gets them some good results.

Mx
metadave
9/15/2019 11:39pm
metadave wrote:

Maxipedia wrote:
THIS! The young loud Intense team of Jack, Dean and Charlie was the best ever and definitely the most fun out there. They really seemed to...
THIS! The young loud Intense team of Jack, Dean and Charlie was the best ever and definitely the most fun out there. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves and results started to come together. For chrissakes, they were wearing polka dot TLD kits nobody would actually buy and score top 20's on them AND carry a full size grin at the end of each run, not giving an F. Compare that to the utterly BORING image and seriousness of this year. Sad I get it, they were marred by injuries, but regardless, it never looked like a team, but rather like ”Gwin and sidekicks”. And I say that having great respect for Neko and Jack.

I too hope IFR finds some mojo. And even not being a Gwin fan I hope he gets them some good results.

Mx
Right? I'm a fan of all of them, but even when the whole team was out there was just a lack of energy. Even the MOB last year had more pizzaz than IFR did this year. Hopefully next year things turn around for everyone. Shame though, the M29 is really Jacks bike.
Jakers
9/16/2019 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2019 9:31pm
depeche4 wrote:
So do "we" know for sure who's contract is up this year? Troy, yes and resigned. Mark, yes and maybe resigned based on his IG post...
So do "we" know for sure who's contract is up this year?

Troy, yes and resigned.
Mark, yes and maybe resigned based on his IG post.
Jack Moir is up, is he not?
Laurie, I think so but I do not see him going anywhere. MS has a great rep for how he treats his riders and Laurie has a wicked relationship with Brook.

Who else?
Loic Loris and Finn made up Specialized Gravity in 2016... Obviously not everyone got a 3yr contract. Could Loic and or Finn be up after 4yrs on Spec?

Luca and Loris have done 3yrs with syndicate... maybe they're up?

Hmmmmmm who was Greg hanging out with on the weekend?

What about Daveboy94... surely a top ten overall draws some attention?

Is there something between Mille and Kaos?

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest