what music do you listen to?

TrailHead
Edited Date/Time 11/30/2015 5:57pm
What's your favorite song at the moment? Genre of music? Battle Scars- Lupe Fiasco fave song right now. hate jazz and slow music!
|
sspomer
11/17/2015 7:16pm
i'm wide open to most anything that comes up but i default to classic rock for some reason. i've never collected music or had an ipod. i just listen to the radio or pandora or what my friends suggest.
11/17/2015 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2015 10:11am
Currently I've been binging on a couple of bud's bands... so I have two songs.

First one is Jacob Turnbloom. I met him years back when I worked at a record store, since then he's become a close friend and he's always been a rad musician. He played guitar for Failure, one of my favorite bands from the 90's when they reunited in the 2000's and now he's the lead for a local band called Mrs. Magician. This is his solo stuff though, which I'm stoked to say I was a part of helping make the video and I'm in it. And no, I don't smoke cigarettes, even though I did for this video:

Second is Wavves, who is fronted by an old friend of mine. Stoked on his success.

TrailHead
11/17/2015 10:27pm
Currently I've been binging on a couple of bud's bands... so I have two songs. First one is Jacob Turnbloom. I met him years back when...
Currently I've been binging on a couple of bud's bands... so I have two songs.

First one is Jacob Turnbloom. I met him years back when I worked at a record store, since then he's become a close friend and he's always been a rad musician. He played guitar for Failure, one of my favorite bands from the 90's when they reunited in the 2000's and now he's the lead for a local band called Mrs. Magician. This is his solo stuff though, which I'm stoked to say I was a part of helping make the video and I'm in it. And no, I don't smoke cigarettes, even though I did for this video:

Second is Wavves, who is fronted by an old friend of mine. Stoked on his success.

Lol at the main dude! Feel bad for him, must've been hard. Were you the one with the hairy chest? Jk. You were the one with the beard and smoking in the beginning? That's pretty cool.
TrailHead
11/17/2015 10:32pm
sspomer wrote:
i'm wide open to most anything that comes up but i default to classic rock for some reason. i've never collected music or had an ipod...
i'm wide open to most anything that comes up but i default to classic rock for some reason. i've never collected music or had an ipod. i just listen to the radio or pandora or what my friends suggest.
I had that phase when I liked rock... stopped listening to it because it was too risky. If my parents caught me listening to it, i would be dead! IPods are greeaat, mines currently being repaired, so I'm using a stupid samsung galaxy(sucks and hard to use). Can't wait to get my iPod.
11/17/2015 10:46pm
Great job guys, now he thinks smoking and beards are cool. That's why I suggested Cosmos, not Flipper or GG Allin. His parents are going to take away the internets if you keep poisoning his ears with the devil music.
TrailHead
11/18/2015 7:05am
Great job guys, now he thinks smoking and beards are cool. That's why I suggested Cosmos, not Flipper or GG Allin. His parents are going to...
Great job guys, now he thinks smoking and beards are cool. That's why I suggested Cosmos, not Flipper or GG Allin. His parents are going to take away the internets if you keep poisoning his ears with the devil music.
I was referring that he was part of the video, not smoking as "cool." Beards ARE actually pretty cool sometimes.
visser62
11/18/2015 7:34am
TrailHead wrote:
What's your favorite song at the moment? Genre of music? Battle Scars- Lupe Fiasco fave song right now. hate jazz and slow music!
Someday you'll grow up and realize that jazz is awesome.
TrailHead
11/18/2015 7:56am
visser62 wrote:
Someday you'll grow up and realize that jazz is awesome.
Maybe when i grow old...
Eisma
11/18/2015 8:59am
I might be the only one but I listen to electronic music.
sspomer
11/18/2015 10:29am
Great job guys, now he thinks smoking and beards are cool. That's why I suggested Cosmos, not Flipper or GG Allin. His parents are going to...
yeah but fred really does listen to that stuff! i've experienced it in person.
11/18/2015 3:49pm
sspomer wrote:
yeah but fred really does listen to that stuff! i've experienced it in person.
I just saw Flipper two-weeks ago... Laughing
Falcon
11/20/2015 2:50pm
Fredlikestrikes, have you heard of First Wave Hello? That was Jacob Turnbloom's band in San Diego. They were the touring band behind Ken Andrews when he released a recent solo ablum. He also produced their first album. (Probably a result of the Failure connection.)
Speaking of Failure, I am loving their new album, The Heart is a Monster. Good stuff.
With regard to San Diego Bands, I love NoKnife and Reeve Oliver too.
I've been a huge Rush fan since the mid 1980s.
I love classical and romantic era symphonic music too, but I have to be in the right mood.

I guess I love all music that requires thought, precision and talent to play.
Big Bird
11/20/2015 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2015 4:47pm
Panda-Bear wrote:
When I want to rage and go hard I listen to stuff like this: https://youtu.be/Ij_kSKFfkM0 Any other time it's stuff like this: https://youtu.be/m5H31D6tmDc Both are fun...
When I want to rage and go hard I listen to stuff like this:

https://youtu.be/Ij_kSKFfkM0

Any other time it's stuff like this:

https://youtu.be/m5H31D6tmDc

Both are fun to ride to for different reasons. Anything fun is what I'm mostly after, but occasionally I get the Die Antwoord rolling and I huck stuff.
Nice ones Panda. I'm a Die Antwoord fan, but I hadn't heard that track yet. And I'm digging the Letters too. I play around with a uke as well.

I've posted this before... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSvIhurodM He's a former trials rider that I used to know in my balancing and big upping days.

Also, I've been digging The Wind and the Wave lately... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOw4PdK6jA

Also these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvXB9Au_dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl_eNu4NUVI

Historically, I started with David Bowie, went to other classic rock like the Stones, Beatles, Doors, Zeppelin, etc. Then a lot of new wave and punk through Jr. High. Then I went through a huge reggae faze. Then I went to the eclectic mix above.

I should add, and now have, that by "Punk." I meant mostly X. John Doe has some good solo stuff, this one gives me chills every time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciy2Mxrt5Kk

11/23/2015 10:10am
Falcon wrote:
Fredlikestrikes, have you heard of First Wave Hello? That was Jacob Turnbloom's band in San Diego. They were the touring band behind Ken Andrews when he...
Fredlikestrikes, have you heard of First Wave Hello? That was Jacob Turnbloom's band in San Diego. They were the touring band behind Ken Andrews when he released a recent solo ablum. He also produced their first album. (Probably a result of the Failure connection.)
Speaking of Failure, I am loving their new album, The Heart is a Monster. Good stuff.
I love classical and romantic era symphonic music too, but I have to be in the right mood.

Yes! Rad. I'm gonna show Jacob this thread, he'd prob be stoked someone brought up First Wave Hello.
11/23/2015 11:44am
Ffdp, slipknot, swedish metal, anything that is indie pop and swedish reagge. Just about anything that isn't elektronic shimmieshammy music
Mitch63
11/23/2015 1:45pm
I just don't understand Die Antwood. For some reason they were at an EDM festival I attended this summer and I thought my ears were gonna bleed, and at least half if not more than half of the crowd left to go to a different stage.Then again, people who listen to Die Antwood probably arent huge on EDM either..
Falcon
11/23/2015 4:13pm
Falcon wrote:
Fredlikestrikes, have you heard of First Wave Hello? That was Jacob Turnbloom's band in San Diego. They were the touring band behind Ken Andrews when he...

Yes! Rad. I'm gonna show Jacob this thread, he'd prob be stoked someone brought up First Wave Hello.
It's cool that you know him. I went absolutely apeshit when "God Bless, Devil You" came out. I still can't get enough of "Two Propellers." Love that band.

Tell him it's about time for a FWH reunion! (Hey, NoKnife just played at the Casbah a few weeks ago, why not?)
Big Bird
11/23/2015 4:59pm
Mitch63 wrote:
I just don't understand Die Antwood. For some reason they were at an EDM festival I attended this summer and I thought my ears were gonna...
I just don't understand Die Antwood. For some reason they were at an EDM festival I attended this summer and I thought my ears were gonna bleed, and at least half if not more than half of the crowd left to go to a different stage.Then again, people who listen to Die Antwood probably arent huge on EDM either..
Exactly. They're not. I hate typical dance music. But Die Antwoord brings the punk rock/gangster rap element into the game and makes it all worthwhile.
Big Bird
11/23/2015 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2015 5:07pm
I went through a huge Reggae faze from late high school through college and beyond. Of course I started with Bob Marley. Little known fact, Buffalo Soldier was one of the first videos played on MTV. But my favorite Reggae star of all time has got to be Gregory Isaacs. He's soulful, he's versatile, he's the Cool Ruler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-XmNm0inyM
Big Bird
11/25/2015 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2015 5:51pm
Big Bird wrote:
I dig that, thanks.
Cool that you liked it!

I found my new favorite song

Diggin' that too. You are a man of taste Sir. I'm so out of touch with hip hop. And how bout flat brim Pee Wee Herman with the voice?

I've been listening to the Dirty Heads of late.

I've got to throw a shout out to Trailhead here. First you asked why the Forums were so dead. Then you created this excellent thread. It sounds like you live in a rather strict household. And I hope that we don't get you in trouble for expressing our musical views. Hey folks, all music is good...
TrailHead
11/25/2015 6:11pm
Big Bird wrote:
Diggin' that too. You are a man of taste Sir. I'm so out of touch with hip hop. And how bout flat brim Pee Wee Herman...
Diggin' that too. You are a man of taste Sir. I'm so out of touch with hip hop. And how bout flat brim Pee Wee Herman with the voice?

I've got to throw a shout out to Trailhead here. First you asked why the Forums were so dead. Then you created this excellent thread. It sounds like you live in a rather strict household. And I hope that we don't get you in trouble for expressing our musical views. Hey folks, all music is good...
What can I say? I create the best threadsWink jk. Of course I won't get in trouble. It's interesting know what other riders like to listen to. I feel like I'm the only one who listens to hip hop. I guess I'm a little different...Silly
11/27/2015 1:50pm
Big Bird wrote:
Diggin' that too. You are a man of taste Sir. I'm so out of touch with hip hop. And how bout flat brim Pee Wee Herman...

TrailHead wrote:
What can I say? I create the best threads;) jk. Of course I won't get in trouble. It's interesting know what other riders like to listen...
What can I say? I create the best threadsWink jk. Of course I won't get in trouble. It's interesting know what other riders like to listen to. I feel like I'm the only one who listens to hip hop. I guess I'm a little different...Silly
I listen to hip hop. Not too much new stuff though, except maybe Action Bronson.

Big fan of Wu, RA The Rugged Man and Reef the Lost Cauze, to name a few.

Post a reply to: what music do you listen to?

The Latest