What should I do with this bike?

Edited Date/Time 8/14/2014 6:55am

It's all stock except the grips. Took the back brakes off and took the shifters off. What should I do? Can anyone recommend any good cheap parts? I have no knowledge of bikes!! Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!
- Josh Blevins
|
BeigeWolf
1/29/2012 1:19pm
I'D SAY TRY RIDING IT DOWN TO THE LOCAL COMEDY CLUB FOR AN OPEN MIC NIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE HILARIOUS.
1/29/2012 1:25pm
I came here for some serious answers. I didn't come here to have to see some of the stupidest answers possible. If you don't have anything nice to say, please just click that little button in the corner of your browser. Thank you.
Mxfreak_24
1/29/2012 5:23pm
notnA wrote:
Huck it.
What he said.

Since it probably retails for around $100 it's worth maybe $20 on Craigslist or something. I think I'd have more fun going out and riding the crap out of it until it won't ride anymore than sell it for that little.

My cousin bought a bike really similar to that for $10 at a garage sale and we rode it so hard at the local dirt jumps that it raked the forks out like a mofo. Totally worth it.
1/29/2012 6:01pm
Okay. Thank you all!! I'm just gonna completely rebuild this thing. Turn it into a new bike. My brothers gonna give me a new frame. : ) From there I'll continue to get new parts for it until its complete. Gonna get me some carbon fiber bars to reduce weight. Lol. Anyway, yeah, thanks!!
Big Bird
2/1/2012 9:02am
My fellow Josh. You handled the hecklers well as well as the bad news that that bike is not a good starting point. Give it to the kid down the street and find your self a nice used hardtail to start with. Used Specialized P bikes seem to grow on trees around here. Mountain biking is an expensive sport. But you deserve better than a Wall Mart special.
2/1/2012 11:47am
Thank you, Big Bird! Your advice is much appreciated! : ) I'll have to see what I can do!
biker2
2/6/2012 3:35pm
Check at some yard sales. Thats where I got my Trek 3700 for like $150. I wasn't willing to pay for a bike that was like $500 or anything like that. It takes time to find 1 so be patient! Once you find a good one you can fix things or get better stuff for it. Thats wat im doing at least. Im not a hardcore rider but i love to ride and all u need is a bike for that so dont worry too much about wat kind of bike you have

Post a reply to: What should I do with this bike?

The Latest