Were You Guilty Of It: Big Seats

k.shiz
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 11:49am
Did you ever run one of these atrocities?

I never went that bad, though my best riding friend had a lounge or a love seat for ages. I did, however, have probably a couple of these Tioga Nico saddles which were strangely long:

Then of course there was that Lenz Sport hammock. Anyone got a photo of that kicking around?
|
bturman
2/16/2011 2:56am
Haha! I totally had one of the huge red/black ones with flames on it (and yes, I'm ashamed of that fact). Anyone remember what they were called?
I_Ache
2/16/2011 7:24am
I had an Azonic Love seat because i hooked up my back wheel and landed heavily on the saddle which bent it and i fell onto the back wheel and tore my balls!

So thats my excuse.
nickhead
2/16/2011 7:24am
Never had a stupid sized saddle, but did run a Fishbone Bigbone saddle/seatpost with the single oversized tubular rail... that always cracked at the weld!

cant miss out the daddy of all big saddles from this thread though...

MrPrometheus
2/16/2011 7:48am
LOL until last season I was still running a love seat. Actually have a brand new one in the wrapping from a warranty replacement. Hucking to flat popped the rails out. All I have to say is my kids will thank me for the love seat someday.
sspomer
2/16/2011 8:33am
i had an SDG big boy on an intense M1. loved it! like a couch. anyone run the lenz sport moto-looking seat? (can't find a pic).
2/16/2011 8:43am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 8:44am
i had a Tioga Multi Control DH saddle back in 1999. im too embarrassed to post pics
Krispy
2/16/2011 8:52am
I used to rock the Tioga seat like Nico's, i called it the Weiner Dog seat, never had the full on couch...

What's more freeride than 3.0's and big seats? LBZ pants!!!

[/img]

Sorry- can't see the seat- my Big Pants are in the way!

[/img]
2/16/2011 9:24am
I_Ache wrote:
I had an Azonic Love seat because i hooked up my back wheel and landed heavily on the saddle which bent it and i fell onto...
I had an Azonic Love seat because i hooked up my back wheel and landed heavily on the saddle which bent it and i fell onto the back wheel and tore my balls!

So thats my excuse.
Hahha. I scuffed my ass once because I was snapped into the pedals and the 1 bolt seatpost broke, so I was dragging my tailbone on the tire. ow ow ow.

Big seats are pretty good idea, I think, but you could go too big and look crazy like the 2 seatpost seat on this thread hahhaha. Why not just use a banana seat then. You'd get easy wheelies, and you'd surely be protected from the sawblading rear tire.
2/16/2011 9:31am
I think this was the only fad to slip by me. I had a Salsa brake arch, flimsy seat covers to change the color of the saddle/protect it, 3" riser bars, front end that was about a mile higher than the saddle at full length. Super wide bars, super narrow bars. Anodized everything. Hole drilling. The ugliest fenders on the face of the earth. A Giro Switchblade. Roach leg armor that covered from the tongue of my shoe all the way up to my upper thigh and felt like I had an easy bake oven strapped to each leg. Stem pads. Handlebar brace.

But never an enormous saddle.
DBibbins
2/16/2011 10:53am
I think this was the only fad to slip by me. I had a Salsa brake arch, flimsy seat covers to change the color of the...
I think this was the only fad to slip by me. I had a Salsa brake arch, flimsy seat covers to change the color of the saddle/protect it, 3" riser bars, front end that was about a mile higher than the saddle at full length. Super wide bars, super narrow bars. Anodized everything. Hole drilling. The ugliest fenders on the face of the earth. A Giro Switchblade. Roach leg armor that covered from the tongue of my shoe all the way up to my upper thigh and felt like I had an easy bake oven strapped to each leg. Stem pads. Handlebar brace.

But never an enormous saddle.
Hey, 3" risers are where its at. Hah!
vics26
2/16/2011 11:09am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 11:21am
Yes, totally guilty.... I think the seat was made by FUNN components...it was like a sofa.

You guys remember the KHS Dominatrax...what a POS!!!

MTB R&D
2/16/2011 1:02pm
vics26 wrote:
Yes, totally guilty.... I think the seat was made by FUNN components...it was like a sofa. You guys remember the KHS Dominatrax...what a POS!!! [img]https://lp1.pinkbike.org/photo/4/pbpic4995.jpg[/img]
Yes, totally guilty.... I think the seat was made by FUNN components...it was like a sofa.

You guys remember the KHS Dominatrax...what a POS!!!

Ha! I remember that bike painted to say Pacific and run by a girls team on the NORBA series...suspension was licensed from Cannondale.

Yes, I had a Love seat on my Canondale with 3.0 Gazzi's and a Club Roost riser bar with a cross brace!

sspomer
2/16/2011 1:23pm
this thread is awesome! LOL @krispy and your LBZ pants. when i saw the first Down, i wanted your setup so bad!
Hansolo
2/16/2011 1:52pm
Building a retro DH bike? I've got a warehouse full of the SDG Big Boys!! $5 plus shipping and it's yours! Smile
sspomer
2/16/2011 2:17pm
Hansolo wrote:
Building a retro DH bike? I've got a warehouse full of the SDG Big Boys!! $5 plus shipping and it's yours! Smile
LOL, so tempted! : )
Hansolo
2/16/2011 3:56pm
Funny this post came up about the big seats.
I've actually decided to throw the seats in the trash, so if anyone wants one and they want to pay shipping, let me know. Otherwise they will be thrown in the trash by the end of the day.
E_braker
4/2/2011 3:47am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2011 3:49am
Hahaha, believe it or not I have been using a Loveseat for the past 2 years on my V10. I use my knees/seat alot and like the long sides, but it is stupid wide and square edge in the back sucks for catching on pants/shorts.

I've tried to use "cool" little light weight seats but they just DIG into the sides of my knees. Anyone want to sell me an SDG Big boy?
Big Bird
4/2/2011 10:29am
I never had a Big Boy, but used to run a fat BMX seat on my street/trials bike for seat pinching. It allowed for tire tap barspins, X-up abubicas and, my favorite, toboggan abubicas/drops.
E_braker
4/5/2011 3:07pm
Hansolo wrote:
Hansolo, you've got a message......
Hansolo
4/5/2011 3:20pm
Looks like someone picked up the ones I threw in the dumpster and is now selling them on Craigslist! LMAO!
Anyways....Spomer I still have a gray one I saved for you! Maybe I'll bring it up to Sea Otter for ya!
E_braker
4/5/2011 6:16pm
Bummer, I wish I could find the person on Craigslist who has them, I looked on Orange County craigslist and looks like they are gone. Anyone who has one (or some) give me a holler...
Five7teen
4/7/2011 10:50am
nickhead wrote:
Never had a stupid sized saddle, but did run a Fishbone Bigbone saddle/seatpost with the single oversized tubular rail... that always cracked at the weld! cant...
Never had a stupid sized saddle, but did run a Fishbone Bigbone saddle/seatpost with the single oversized tubular rail... that always cracked at the weld!

cant miss out the daddy of all big saddles from this thread though...

I need this bike. haha
kidwoo
4/10/2011 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2011 7:32pm
Biggest I ever had was a titec berserker. No love seat by any means but room for about 20 nutsacks by today's standards.

One of those scott monstrosities would go great on my bar bike however. I'd seat bounce that beyotch on a hardtail
TRex
4/11/2011 7:18am
I had an SDG Big Boy saddle, it was on my Mountain Cycle San Andreas frame, with White Brothers DC110 fork. 24 inch wheels with 2.7 Intense tires, Hope brakes that you had to adjust by hand. Those titanium bars with a shim in the clamp area, fat squishy grips, and something like a 50 tooth chainring. That's right, I had it all. I had every piece of body armor on, and Vans Half Cab's.

Post a reply to: Were You Guilty Of It: Big Seats

The Latest