Valmont Bike Park, Boulder CO

tarka
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 7:54am
Who here knows anything about the biggest and baddest free public bike park in the entire USA? Valmont bike park, in Boulder CO is under construction. Featuring slopestyle, 4X, DS, dirt jumps, pump tracks, cross country tech, and even hellish cyclocross trails, built by the likes of Randy Spangler, Jamie Goldman, Ryan Howard, Alpine Bike Parks LLC and Trail Dynamics LLC...

The whole thing seems pretty hushed so far, since the city has basically requested a general media blackout (we don't want people poaching while it's under construction) but the design of this place is such that it's set to be literally the most advanced and cutting-edge public (and FREE) bike park in the country. I can't show any pictures, but there are huge dirt jumps (with timber and steel lips), and smaller DJ lines, two separate pump tracks that put most others to shame (think bigger and cooler than Mark Weir's back yard), Slope Style lines built by Spangler for transfers and big air, with constructed features like whale-tails, wall-rides and on-off boxes, a 4X trail built by one of the most respected MTB racers and builders in the country (EC is rumored), tech (i.e. ladders, rocks, berms, rollers, etc) XC trails, and even world class cyclocross trails with berms, sand-pits and stairs (some are 24 stairs, 20 feet high, with 10" risers and 32" treads filled with gravel).

So, who knows about it, and who WANTS to know about it??? I guarantee this park will blow your mind, and if you live in Boulder (or anywhere nearby) you will probably ride this everyday once it's open.....
|
sspomer
8/24/2010 10:28am
i know i was there a few months ago and it was looking super sick! the variety of terrain for the size was awesome. i talked with some of the guys buildling the park and they were really pumped on how it was coming together. lots of big machines.

plus The Fix is located at the base of it basically, so you won't be SOL if you get a flat or mechanical.

Post a reply to: Valmont Bike Park, Boulder CO

The Latest