UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

12/23/2011 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2011 3:11pm
iceman2058 wrote:
With the Athertons and Animal now parting ways...could they be headed to O'Neal, what with their "mystery rider" competition that looks like Greg a bit but...
With the Athertons and Animal now parting ways...could they be headed to O'Neal, what with their "mystery rider" competition that looks like Greg a bit but could also be Gee or Dan...?

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/competition-oneal-sign-world-cup-downhill-st…

That would have to mean Enve rims on the GTs if that was the case...
Yesterday, Craig Stikman Glaspell tweeted a photo of a TLD D3 with a fresh Red Bull paint job and an allusion to a top secret new signing. Here's the text:

"@stikmanglaspell Just finished Top secret lid, for a top secret guy, on top secret bikes @GTBicycles http://twitpic.com/7wwzg7"

As of today, that tweet and the accompanying photo has been taken down. Make of that what you will.
timlake
12/27/2011 3:19am
Pretty sure that the Athertons are on One Industries for 2012 with Gee using a D3 like last year.
1/18/2012 2:33pm
Kyle Strait on GT?
Yes men! He just came to Colombia a few weeks ago for a Downtown and he was riding a GT Fury with FOX clothing.
tstep
1/18/2012 4:12pm
Yes men! He just came to Colombia a few weeks ago for a Downtown and he was riding a GT Fury with FOX clothing.
fox clothing? really?? that seriously disappoints me.
1/18/2012 8:15pm
tstep wrote:
fox clothing? really?? that seriously disappoints me.
kev1n
1/18/2012 10:21pm
these rumors upset me because so far they have all been true
kev1n
1/22/2012 9:38pm

new bike lookin good!
note that hes wearing nikes instead of 5.10s and some flashy parts
SICK
Beezkneez
1/23/2012 6:10am
Same helmet as Worlds only he peeled the Specialized and SRAM stickers off and added the CTI brace sponsor. Yeah for medical devices! I feel like if he was sponsored by Nike they would want him to have a sticker on his helmet...
2/2/2012 5:46am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2012 5:49am
I'm calling Syndicate on Marzocchi. A little birdie told me Greg was in Italy last week doing suspension testing...

I'm not sure if its in this thread yet, but I also heard Tracy and Mick Hannah are on Morewood this season.....
timlake
2/2/2012 6:36am
I'm calling Syndicate on Marzocchi. A little birdie told me Greg was in Italy last week doing suspension testing... I'm not sure if its in this...
I'm calling Syndicate on Marzocchi. A little birdie told me Greg was in Italy last week doing suspension testing...

I'm not sure if its in this thread yet, but I also heard Tracy and Mick Hannah are on Morewood this season.....
I'm calling you wrong! Greg was in Italy, but he was testing with Fox, alongside Josh, Peaty and CG...

Beezkneez
2/2/2012 6:41am
No way Syndicate is on Marzocchi. Marzocchi wishes they could sponsor a team like that.

We just saw video of Danny Hart in Italy doing suspension testing. I think WC riders just go there to stay warm regardless of which company they are suspension testing for.

It's Shimano/Fox for the Syndicate, especially after Ratboy Bryce's website sponsors popped up and CG's new jersey.
timlake
2/3/2012 7:29am
So I'm bored. Here's a list of the teams so far!

Syndicate: Still Peaty, Greg, Josh, but on Fox Suspension and Shimano components.

Scott 11: Brendan Fairclough, Emilie Siegenthaler, Romain Paulhan, Florianne Pugin.

Atherton Racing/GT: Gee, Rachel & Dan Atherton and Marc Beaumont.

Monster/Specialized: Sam Hill, Troy Brosnan

Devinici: Stevie Smith, George Brannigan. (Nick Beer is also on Devinci, but possibly not on the World Team)

Norco: Jill Kintner & Bryn Atkinson (Oli Burton also on a Norco, but not Factory)

CRC/Nukeproof: Al Bond, Matti Lehikoinen, Matt Simmonds, Joe Smith, Lewis Buchanan

MS/Mondraker: Brook Macdonald, Emmiline Ragot, Damien Spagnolo, Markus Pekoll

Hutchinson United Ride/Morewood: Tracy & Mick Hannah, Fabien Cousine, Guillaume Cauvin and Tim Bentley.

Transition Bikes (DH): Sam Dale

Giant Factory: Danny Hart, Andrew Neethling.

CG Racing Brigade: Cedric Gracia, Marcelo Gutierrez Villegas

Trek World Racing: Aaron Gwin, Neko Mulally, Justin Leov

Lapierre: Sam Blenkinsop, Loic Bruni, Cam Cole

Yeti/Fox Shox: Jared Graves, Shaun O'Connor, Elliot Jackson

Alpine Commencal: Petra Bernhard, Mathias Haas, Boris Tetzlaff, Manuel Gruber, Florian Willhelm

Madison/Saracen: Manon Carpenter, Josh Lowe, Harry Molloy

Commencal Superteam: Myriam Nicole, Thibaut Ruffin.

Dirt/Norco: Dan Stanbridge, Ben Reid

Banshee/Mythic: Adam Brayton

Top riders who we haven't heard anything from yet...

- Ruaridh Cunningham
- Josh Button
- Matt Scoles
- Filip Polc
- Julien Cammelini
- Mickael Pascal
- Florent Payet
- Remi Thirion
- Luke Strobel

Obviously there are more, but hey.
dhmtb4life
2/3/2012 2:19pm
kev1n wrote:
[img]http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404879_10150480796350756_578785755_9123214_958615235_n.jpg[/img] new bike lookin good! note that hes wearing nikes instead of 5.10s and some flashy parts SICK

new bike lookin good!
note that hes wearing nikes instead of 5.10s and some flashy parts
SICK
Who is that in the pic?
piggy
2/4/2012 9:14pm
is that for sure - Nick Beer on Devinci? his name wasn't listed on their WC team, so I wasn't sure they could add him?
timlake
2/5/2012 5:43pm
As I said, I don't think he's on the World Team. He could still be riding a Devinci. I heard it from a pretty reputable source.

Post a reply to: UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

The Latest