Tubeless Wheel Issues

rockchomper
6/3/2020 8:14am
tavaenga wrote:
I’d say Stans 30mm tape would be ideal. This is from Stans FAQ: Which width tape should I use? “The widths of our tape are selected...
I’d say Stans 30mm tape would be ideal. This is from Stans FAQ: Which width tape should I use?

“The widths of our tape are selected with our rims in mind. Generally, we recommend tape that is 1-2mm wider than the internal width of your rim to account for the drop channel.“
I feel like the tape wouldn’t even fit inside the rim at that point. Actually just taped the rim using the 27mm and sealant is staying...
I feel like the tape wouldn’t even fit inside the rim at that point. Actually just taped the rim using the 27mm and sealant is staying put and pressure is holding for now. I did make two wraps around the rim. I know some people say that’s bad but so far so good.
the Reason they say to go 1-2mm wider is because if the rim has a deep channel in it then the tape looses 1-2mm when pushed into the channel and almost all rims now have a pretty deep well/channel

Post a reply to: Tubeless Wheel Issues

The Latest