New Kona Process Spy Shots

Related:
sspomer
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2017 10:06am
Fresh from the lift line in Whistler! Looks like it's being raced at the EWS. The two bikes are being ridden by Squamish-based U21 ripper Rhys Verner, who came 3rd at Whistler last year in U21 and 4th in U21 in Finale. The other is being ridden by a member of Kona’s product team, Mark Alison.

|
8/11/2017 10:21am
adrennan wrote:
who is the rider
Was in the title description.

The two bikes are being ridden by Squamish-based U21 ripper Rhys Verner, who came 3rd at Whistler last year in U21 and 4th in U21 in Finale. The other is being ridden by a member of Kona’s product team, Mark Alison.
ctbiker888
8/11/2017 10:34am
the winds tell me this is the new rendition/replacement of the Process 153.

However that is a LOW standover, and it makes me excited
8/11/2017 10:46am
While I get that they were one of the earlier companies to utilize a 4-bar with a "vertical" shock orientation, it's kind of a bummer to see them move back to it, away from their current design. At least the current Process looks different and relatively unique. This pictured bike, from a distance, looks like Trek's and Norco's current bikes. Sure you can play the "they originated it" card, but most people are just aware of what's currently in front of them. I'm afraid they'll see it looking like everything else...

gbcoke
8/11/2017 10:51am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2017 10:53am
The bike has been leaked a long time ago on pb's forum and other places...looks nice but definitely less original than the current bike.

Zaeius
8/11/2017 10:57am
While I get that they were one of the earlier companies to utilize a 4-bar with a "vertical" shock orientation, it's kind of a bummer to...
While I get that they were one of the earlier companies to utilize a 4-bar with a "vertical" shock orientation, it's kind of a bummer to see them move back to it, away from their current design. At least the current Process looks different and relatively unique. This pictured bike, from a distance, looks like Trek's and Norco's current bikes. Sure you can play the "they originated it" card, but most people are just aware of what's currently in front of them. I'm afraid they'll see it looking like everything else...

You can't endurbro without a bottle mount.
Kusa
8/11/2017 11:03am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2017 12:32pm
Btw this is 29".
***not today***

8/11/2017 11:09am
Zaeius wrote:
You can't endurbro without a bottle mount.
Which they could have figured out. ...And it looks like they didn't figure it out in that photo of the 29er.
8/11/2017 11:28am
While I get that they were one of the earlier companies to utilize a 4-bar with a "vertical" shock orientation, it's kind of a bummer to...

The vertical placement is so much nicer to your rear shock though. So many Process' have come through my shop with uneven inner seals wear on the inside of the shock and the main seals are all worn on the bottom side and some of the actual shock shafts are worn past the black anodizing. Going back to the standard rocker link take so much stress off the shock in general and will also allow for things to last longer.

I like the new look, I guess you could say it looks like other bikes but I still feel it has enough of its own look to be its own bike.

Looking at the new Trek and Norcos I really don't see that much similarity other than they are a front triangle with a rear triangle utilizing a horizontal rocker.... like a lot of bikes...

kimbers
8/11/2017 12:11pm
153 650b is carbon or alloy

153 29er is alloy only

Post a reply to: New Kona Process Spy Shots

The Latest