Life Cycles: a review

GnarHuck
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 8:05pm
After ordering the bluray backin the begining of october, I could not wait to watch this movie. Watching trailers on youtube over and over. Watching the pink bike edits. I could not wait to see this movie. The anticipation of seeing what 4 years of filming a 45 min mountain bike movie could bring, was killing me. I was seeing they had screenings all across the world and I was no where near close enough to participate. Well folks, it arrived yesterday and I cannot express how much this movie deserves every bit of respect.

This movie brings you such a beautiful display of cinematography. Great creativity in how they intertwinded a great metaphor of life giving the movie a story line of sorts. Its basically the story of life in general but using the bicycles as its focal point. I dont want to spoil anything about the film. The sections are very well done, its just eye candy for 45 min. This is a movie you could sit your mom down with and she would be just amazed with what she was seeing. Not just the riding, but the scenery.

The bar has been raised higher than ever. This movie could play at a film festival and do well. I dont think anyone has ever made something on this grand of a scale for a sports movie. If they have, I'd loved to see. So if you've been kind of curious to see this movie, BUY IT! It was worth every bit of waiting for the bluray to show up. Life Cyles blurays and dvds are in stock and ready to order.
|
bturman
1/6/2011 3:17am
Great review, GnarHuck. I enjoyed it too!
1/11/2011 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2011 12:52pm
I was let down by the entire movie... The only cool things were Mike Hopkins shredding and Aggy just going off on the big freeride bike...

Note* The corn field jumpin was cool.. just same ole tricks....

* This style of film has potential... Just needs tweaking
Reedy
1/11/2011 1:15pm
The style of the film was incredible! What annoyed me was that there was not enough actual riding ):

Half of the movie was just groovy camera shots which was insane for parts such as the bike factory but did it need to drag out for so long...?
1/11/2011 1:25pm
Too much slow mo.... way way way to much slow mo.....

And things like Hopkin's massive hip... they showed like two things of and nothing really close up...

It had a feel of a documentary about Biking not like a Riding Movie....

Too artsy for me...

Follow Me is still the best movie to date.... Roam Second
GnarHuck
1/11/2011 8:43pm
the movie is so much more than that though. Its not a big action flick. its alot more. its definitely artsy. But it takes more than just one time watching that movie to fully understand it. But we are all entitled to our own opinions.
sspomer
1/12/2011 7:42am
hey guys, don't know if you saw the review we did here on vital, but maybe it will give you some things to think about regarding the amount of riding footage, etc. the best thing about mountain biking is that everyone has their own style and opinions, so it's fun to bounce those off each other!

http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Life-Cycles-The-Last-Great-Mountain-Bi…
MinorThreat
1/12/2011 10:27am
Quote=GnarHuck: "This movie could play at a film festival and do well."

Well, actually it did. It was a finalist in the 'Best Film on Mountain Sports' at the Banff Mountain Film Festival.

Post a reply to: Life Cycles: a review

The Latest