Leftover bike

hans2675
Hey guys, I've been looking for a new bike and had been looking at a niner rip 9 rdo 27.5. I went to a local shop that is a niner dealer to talk to them. While I was there, I noticed they also carry Pivot, which is a bike I've been looking at as well. They have a 2018 Pivot Mach 6 Pro x01. This bike was $7100 went it came out, they're asking $5500 because it's a leftover. Question is, is this bike still new enough to take this deal or have things changed that much in the last 2-3 years that I should continue to look at 2020 and 2021 bikes? Geometry is close, but is definitely not the same on the mach 6 from 2018 to 2021.
|
12/27/2020 7:34am
I honestly wouldn’t get either of those bikes if I was going to spend that kind of money. If I’m spending 5k I want a new 2021 bike with all the updated geo and suspension bits. If you want a 2018 Pivot I’d look at the pinkbike used section and see what you could get. I’ve never been a Niner fan especially with the trouble they have gotten into. I would keep looking unless you have your heart set on a particular brand or bike. But if it was Pivot or that Rdo 9 I’d go Pivot all day over Niner.
hans2675
12/27/2020 8:10am
I honestly wouldn’t get either of those bikes if I was going to spend that kind of money. If I’m spending 5k I want a new...
I honestly wouldn’t get either of those bikes if I was going to spend that kind of money. If I’m spending 5k I want a new 2021 bike with all the updated geo and suspension bits. If you want a 2018 Pivot I’d look at the pinkbike used section and see what you could get. I’ve never been a Niner fan especially with the trouble they have gotten into. I would keep looking unless you have your heart set on a particular brand or bike. But if it was Pivot or that Rdo 9 I’d go Pivot all day over Niner.
If you don't mind getting into a mini conversation with me, what would you suggest? I've been looking into trail/Enduro bikes. I've also looked at Santa Cruz Bronson, 5010 and Megatower. But i was leaning toward 27.5. Also, what's this 'trouble niner got into?
mfoga
12/27/2020 8:38am
What do you have now? Are either of those a big upgrade or just a baby step. ~20% off a nearly 3 year old bike is not really a good deal. A lot of shops do that kind of discount on last years models not.

hans2675
12/27/2020 10:03am
mfoga wrote:
What do you have now? Are either of those a big upgrade or just a baby step. ~20% off a nearly 3 year old bike is...
What do you have now? Are either of those a big upgrade or just a baby step. ~20% off a nearly 3 year old bike is not really a good deal. A lot of shops do that kind of discount on last years models not.

I'm literally looking for my first full suspension. No bike right now.
12/27/2020 4:57pm
Niner pretty much went bankrupt and needed a bailout and screwed over some of their dealers if I remember correctly. It all depends on your price range, I highly recommend a Specialized Stumjumper Evo or maybe even the new Canyon that’s similar geo to the Stumpjumper. It’s hard finding new bikes right now. Can’t go wrong with Santa Cruz.
mwolpin
12/27/2020 6:57pm
Agree with everyone above - stay away from Niner because their future is murky. As for the now 3-yo Pivot, that doesn’t seem like much of a deal.

What’s your budget? If it is $5k, you can get a brand new Kona with a solid component mix for that much.

Aside from budget, and since this is your first full suspension bike, what are you hoping to do with it? What are your local trails like?
12/27/2020 7:32pm
5500 for that Mach 6 isn’t bad. I’d try to haggle them
Less but I’d buy that bike if it comes with the normal shop deal with a years maintenance and warranties
Motofinne
12/28/2020 2:57am
The top of the line 2021 Commencal Meta 29 is 5k. The minus is that they will be available in a couple of months time. But i would definitely look at a 2020-2021 bike with that budget.

Post a reply to: Leftover bike

The Latest