Keewee bikes

Edited Date/Time 11/10/2020 7:08pm

Keewee bikes.

I have the privilege to be surrounded by a few old school super chormos and other KeeWee bikes .

The lead engineer works with me ( Trevor Porter) and there are a few brand new bikes kicking in boxes still !

This bike was Avantis "first dh bike" ridden and promoted by nathan rennie back in the day! However the bike is actually a KEEWEE super8 with carbon panels to give the moto look!

anyone missing the keewee bikes or would like to get ahold of one! let me know (:

They are a piece of history!
|
Big Bird
1/7/2016 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 4:29pm
That's cool that there's a NOS stash. I recall drooling over them back in my MBA days. Back in the day I got ahold of one of the last Santa Cruz made Bontrager frames. It was a large and too small for me, but I had to at least try it out. It was my single speed for a while. There must be more out there. Old companies NOS bikes that is.
Austen
1/7/2016 7:13pm
Such a cool bike for its time, I was literally minutes away from ordering the Avanti version here in Oz but had a change of heart
They were savage on linkage bearings from memory
Long live steel
8/10/2016 3:51am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2016 3:59am
Still any left?
what other models are there? might be interestedSmile
9/11/2017 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 5:59pm
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/01/06/3134/s1200_AvantiMTBbike_1.jpg[/img] Keewee bikes. I have the privilege to be surrounded by a few old school super chormos and other KeeWee bikes . The lead engineer works...

Keewee bikes.

I have the privilege to be surrounded by a few old school super chormos and other KeeWee bikes .

The lead engineer works with me ( Trevor Porter) and there are a few brand new bikes kicking in boxes still !

This bike was Avantis "first dh bike" ridden and promoted by nathan rennie back in the day! However the bike is actually a KEEWEE super8 with carbon panels to give the moto look!

anyone missing the keewee bikes or would like to get ahold of one! let me know (:

Hey mate wondering if you could email about keewee bikes I have one but chasing a larger one
Could you email me on maxfort351@westnet.com.au
Cheers mate
9/24/2017 1:54am
I had one of these but without the carbon fender gear just the raw frame with standard seat, loved it
:D
Kingy
11/10/2020 12:46pm
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/01/06/3134/s1200_AvantiMTBbike_1.jpg[/img] Keewee bikes. I have the privilege to be surrounded by a few old school super chormos and other KeeWee bikes . The lead engineer works...

Keewee bikes.

Awesome stuff, great to know there are still a few of these kicking around I have one in the shed couldn't resist owning a piece of Kiwi history.
Not to be a know it all, but Nathan never rode a Kiwi, his sponsorship with Avanti was on a rebranded Cyclepro with the massive ohlins shock.
That thing was a boat anchor, I had to get a special spring made to accommodate his 105 kilos, good times.
11/10/2020 7:08pm
I had one of their DJ frames in '04 or so...
The mānuka in Sticky Forest was tougher.
Rode it home afterwards, only went OTB 3 times with near 90°HA.

Post a reply to: Keewee bikes

The Latest