I wanna start MTB

RobDirks
Edited Date/Time 8/16/2014 1:04pm
What's up guys? I've been riding BMX for a couple years but I wanna pick up MTBing too. I rode some really intense trails today on my BMX bike which was a bad idea, haha. I have a shitty Mongoose from Walmart, but it needs a new back wheel and I don't really wanna put money into it. So I was wondering if someone could shoot me some suggestions on a good bike and a mail order site, I also have a pretty good shop that has a good selection, I was gonna head down there this weekend and see what they have. I wanna ride trails, so I'm assuming I would need something strong as hell. Thanks for the help. Haha, and my name isn't Rob Dirks.
|
9/21/2010 12:37am
Search craigslist, and don't but anything under $400. Post what you find on here for opinions.
RobDirks
9/21/2010 7:09am
Search craigslist, and don't but anything under $400. Post what you find on here for opinions.
I kinda wanna buy new but I don't know what the good stuff is.
ctbiker44
9/21/2010 2:35pm
nice nice and good choice on buying new getting a warrenty is sooo important what brands does your shop sell?
RobDirks
9/21/2010 2:44pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
nice nice and good choice on buying new getting a warrenty is sooo important what brands does your shop sell?
I don't know haha, I'll go down Friday and see.
ctbiker44
9/21/2010 8:48pm
haha nice, i love local because there's nothing like being on good terms with the local shop to help you out when you need it and bringing in a mail order bike for them to assemble isnt exactly a great start hahaaha
RobDirks
9/22/2010 12:11pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
haha nice, i love local because there's nothing like being on good terms with the local shop to help you out when you need it and...
haha nice, i love local because there's nothing like being on good terms with the local shop to help you out when you need it and bringing in a mail order bike for them to assemble isnt exactly a great start hahaaha
Well, I'm in good with them already they hook me up with stuff all the time which is cool. But I'd probably assemble it myself, or at least try.
9/22/2010 1:47pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
He said he has a WalMart bike. I don't think a good, new bike is feasible. That would be $800 minimum.
RobDirks
9/22/2010 2:49pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
He said he has a WalMart bike. I don't think a good, new bike is feasible. That would be $800 minimum.
Saying I can't afford it?
RobDirks
9/22/2010 6:32pm
Who knows? You never told us your budget, so I had to assume.
Don't assume. I don't have a budget or I would have told you. I didn't ask for a specific bike either, I asked for some good brands. Therefore, I don't think I need a budget. Yeah, I'm only 17 but I bet you I pay for every penny of it and I will do it.
ctbiker44
9/22/2010 6:48pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
haha im just trying to help man
RobDirks
9/22/2010 6:55pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
ctbiker44 wrote:
haha im just trying to help man
Yeah, thanks for helping. I was thinking about getting a Specialized but I really don't know if they make good full suspension bikes for trails.
9/23/2010 3:11am
...then a Specialized SX Trail is your best bet. It is a workhorse and will help you find what type of riding best suits you and your trails.
ctbiker44
9/23/2010 10:40am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2010 10:43am
haha i couldnt agree more the SX Trail kicks ass you can downhill freeride or trail ride, thats the bike i ride man and i love Specialized full suspension bikes, but if you think youll be riding uphill more than downhill look at the Pitch or Enduro deff lighter weight but durable as hell still
RobDirks
9/23/2010 12:15pm
ctbiker44 wrote:
haha i couldnt agree more the SX Trail kicks ass you can downhill freeride or trail ride, thats the bike i ride man and i love...
haha i couldnt agree more the SX Trail kicks ass you can downhill freeride or trail ride, thats the bike i ride man and i love Specialized full suspension bikes, but if you think youll be riding uphill more than downhill look at the Pitch or Enduro deff lighter weight but durable as hell still
Alright thanks man.

Post a reply to: I wanna start MTB

The Latest