Gearing setup

Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 6:44am
The gearing setup on my jump bike at the moment is pretty Park/Street inclined, and Ive recently been free riding and doing a lot of jumps at my local woods, all the other guys are riding with gears or sprockets with more teeth.

Sadly, to the untrained eye it looks although Lapierre have designed the wee sprocket area on the frame to accommodate for a 28t sprocket at the largest

is there anyway I could navigate around this by changing the spline or even getting a new crankset or anything like that?

I'm also aware that my rear cassette is 14T, however it's on a Lapierre factory hub so im not sure if I'd be able to change the cassette or if I would have to get a whole new rear hub if I couldnt do anything about the sprocket

Cheers guys!
|
Big Bird
2/13/2014 6:54pm
To go bigger in the front, you'll have to go wider. Meaning that you'll have to shift the chain line outboard to allow for a bigger chainring. It's always best to keep everything in line, so you would need to space it out in the hub as well. From the picture, I'm pretty sure that I see a lock ring on the rear hub. I would tend to say that you should just get a 13 or 12 tooth rear cog, which would do the same thing as a larger front, and leave the chain line alone.
2/13/2014 10:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2014 10:51pm
Do you think you could do me a favour and link me any rear cogs on UK sites? or any suggestions?
Cheers!
Big Bird
2/14/2014 8:08am
I'm not too computer techy, so I don't actually know how to link you, but I'd shell out for a stainless steel Chris King.
2/15/2014 12:52am
dont worry about it, I've found what I was looking for, pretty simple really xD, cheers for your help mate!

Post a reply to: Gearing setup

The Latest