EWS Doping Thread Disappearance

mfoga
7/1/2019 7:05pm
MPH24 wrote:
This is simply dumb. Life has nuance and you need to be able to accommodate it and be flexible. We all understand that these athletes are...
This is simply dumb. Life has nuance and you need to be able to accommodate it and be flexible.

We all understand that these athletes are responsible for what goes in their bodies, but why doesn't everyone think there is this massive infrastructure for these races to check on all these things? This is Enduro not the NBA.

Is Sven and the NZ Enduro going to have a full time compliance officer with a medical background to ensure all of the VOLUNTEER medical staff are aware of the bike racing regulations and be able to debate with a physician over standard medical practices of the country vs. those regulations? Martin could have been more thorough in his due diligence about his treatment but after he woke up and saw his condition worsening, I am willing to bet he and the doctor were a bit more concerned about his leg and general health than continued follow-up on standard treatment with WADA. What does Martin make a year 150K, 200K? That's a nice amount of money for riding bikes but it's not like that pays for an entourage of support staff. Sure GT has a manager, but that person is responsible for logistics for the whole team and is a generalist. Should GT's Enduro team have a lawyer on retainer to be able to provide briefs to governing bodies about treatment plans? If things continue down this road, it will just lead to more overhead being spent on teams which means less money for riders which is bad for the field.

Road racing has fucked over cycling but holding Enduro racers to same standards as multi-million dollar road cycling teams doing the TDF is utterly ridiculous. Shit even the WC can't even afford to have real pits in MSA - its the rent-a-tent and uhaul pits...
They can afford it but it’s not cost effective. Why have some big pit setup for one weekend a month. If was more of a world cup vs Europe cup they might.
sirweste
7/3/2019 4:47am
The Doctor's letter is very interesting. But raises another question for me:

As stated in letter above, infection was extremely serious and so one assumes the patient followed the prescription made by the doc. As such it being issued on the 10th of March, the course of 7 days should have finished on the 17th/18th.

I read that the half life of probenicid in the body is hours to a day depending on dosage.
So does this mean that it would be undetectable in a test after more than ~24h after the last dose was taken?

If the above question's answer is yes...then why was it detected on the 24th of March, 6 days after the last dose and detected again on the 31st almost 2 weeks after the last dose...???

dolface
7/3/2019 10:21am
sirweste wrote:
The Doctor's letter is very interesting. But raises another question for me: As stated in letter above, infection was extremely serious and so one assumes the...
The Doctor's letter is very interesting. But raises another question for me:

As stated in letter above, infection was extremely serious and so one assumes the patient followed the prescription made by the doc. As such it being issued on the 10th of March, the course of 7 days should have finished on the 17th/18th.

I read that the half life of probenicid in the body is hours to a day depending on dosage.
So does this mean that it would be undetectable in a test after more than ~24h after the last dose was taken?

If the above question's answer is yes...then why was it detected on the 24th of March, 6 days after the last dose and detected again on the 31st almost 2 weeks after the last dose...???

Half-life: the time required for any specified property (e.g. the concentration of a substance in the body) to decrease by half.

It's totally reasonable to expect that detectable amounts would remain in his system for a long time after the last dose was administered.
7/3/2019 11:41am
If i remember my stupid science bitch stuff, half life is reverse exponential (is that logarithmic?). Where for its halflife the amount of the specified property is constantly halved. So if it theres 100 pieces and the halflife is 1 minute, after 1 minute there is 50, 2 minutes,25 3 minutes 12.5 or something along those lines, until its all gone.

Its also very easy to detect traces of these substances.
Primoz
7/3/2019 11:54am
Exactly this regarding half life.

Post a reply to: EWS Doping Thread Disappearance

The Latest