Brake levers

Txgoon
Edited Date/Time 8/16/2014 1:33am
What are some good break levers for hydraulic disc brakes? I am running tektro Gemini brakes right now. I'm a beginner just looking to add my own ideas on the bike. Preferably anodized red levers.
|
Big Bird
12/1/2013 7:53pm
In mountain bikes, unlike motocross bikes, brake levers aren't so much interchangeable. You're pretty much stuck with what comes with the brakes. Some companies mix and match levers and calipers for their racers and I suppose that's an expensive option for a civilian, but I've never heard of someone mixing different companies parts. Feel free to try, just do us all a favor and don't sue anybody for your own stupidity. The relationship between the inner diameter of the lever piston and the size and number of the caliper pistons is VERY important to the feel of the brakes. You might be able to find the aftermarket levers themselves. Check and see if Danger Boy is still around.
Garnished
1/11/2014 8:29am
Do you need a new brake lever? I've never felt any difference after changing break levers except for size, width, length, and angle. I wouldn't buy it if you're a beginner, invest in better parts.

Post a reply to: Brake levers

The Latest