2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

1/10/2021 4:14am
Maxipedia wrote:
@Primoz I am following Team Rumours threads since the beginning and I can't recall the detailed story about Gwin's departure being told here, but I could...
@Primoz

I am following Team Rumours threads since the beginning and I can't recall the detailed story about Gwin's departure being told here, but I could be wrong, of course.

Basically, what you are saying is that if YT stayed in the game, the shuffle that followed wasn't possible; kind of a butterfly effect. Meaning that Gwin wouldn't have made the deal with Intense and messed up with an awesome team's vibe, although I'm sure his intentions weren't those. That polka-dot wearing yeee-hawing team with Jack, Deano and Charlie was the most fun I've seen on the circuit in years and I have whined over that numerous times since it's demise; I'm totally with you on this one.

Not a fan of contrafactual history, but I can't help wondering if Intense and YT would have been better now if the above shift hadn't happen. Intense not spending money on a new DH bike for Gwin to be happy with and focusing on their trail/enduro bike instead and YT continuing to develop their line, as I have the feeling they kind of have a pretty mediocre product out there, that isn't pushed by the price factor like it used to be. But who knows...

Mx
I know it sounds silly but I wonder if those riders Dean, Jack and Charlie would have looked at other options anyway with regard to their results Vs their salaries/remunerations. I vaguely remember listening to a podcast and Dean saying he got a pretty good deal with Scott better than with Intense.
Possibly wrong, but a riders career can also be short or limited in terms of earning a good salary or few riders earning a good salary to start with.
Apologies if I have spoken out of turn in anyway with the above.
Maxipedia
1/10/2021 4:17am
My bad, I wasn't paying proper attention. I even liked your answer back on that page, geez! Smile )))
Primoz
1/10/2021 4:58am
It doesn't sound silly. Though on the other hand a lot of things can affect confidence and mental state which both play a role on the results. Earning a bit less in the short term in a good environment might raise the level of the rider and enable him to achieve better results, increasing his value even more.
1/10/2021 5:07am
Primoz wrote:
It doesn't sound silly. Though on the other hand a lot of things can affect confidence and mental state which both play a role on the...
It doesn't sound silly. Though on the other hand a lot of things can affect confidence and mental state which both play a role on the results. Earning a bit less in the short term in a good environment might raise the level of the rider and enable him to achieve better results, increasing his value even more.
I agree with that, having a great set up that you are comfy with helping to get strong results and earning a bit less. Vs being overwhelmed in a bigger setup.
1/10/2021 5:09am
On the flip moving to a big team where everything or most things are sorted you don't need to worry about anything and if you are earning good money that you can be sensible with.
krabo83
1/10/2021 8:36am
mitch ropelato definitely on cannondale
matt?
1/10/2021 9:24am
krabo83 wrote:
mitch ropelato definitely on cannondale [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/10/10371/s1200_1FD77BDA_EAA2_4EBF_972E_EE1F9868284D.jpg[/img]
The question is, will it just be Mitch or are they going to have an American version of 50:01 with a whole bunch of dudes?
metadave
1/10/2021 9:41am
krabo83 wrote:
mitch ropelato definitely on cannondale [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/10/10371/s1200_1FD77BDA_EAA2_4EBF_972E_EE1F9868284D.jpg[/img]
matt? wrote:
The question is, will it just be Mitch or are they going to have an American version of 50:01 with a whole bunch of dudes?
Either way, Mitch will be a great help with the new Jekyll roll out.
stedaly87
1/10/2021 9:53am
Should have kept up with my post, Wow that went of tangent quick ha ha
LLLLL
1/10/2021 11:05am
stedaly87 wrote:
A bit old but did anyone read this on PB? It’s the staffs 2021 predictions, I’m thinking he’s taking about Danny in the first paragraph? (Happy...
A bit old but did anyone read this on PB? It’s the staffs 2021 predictions, I’m thinking he’s taking about Danny in the first paragraph? (Happy for someone to correct me)
Maybe is Cube deal wasn’t as clear cut as we all thought when Warner hinted?

I guess "other than racing" exposure (let's call it that just for brevity's sake) is the main form of advertising these day. The question is how...
I guess "other than racing" exposure (let's call it that just for brevity's sake) is the main form of advertising these day. The question is how sustainable it is, that is how long before the online/YT/IG market will be saturated to the point it will no longer privide profitable investment. However, it's certainly not to that point now and it keeps growing (like, YT mtb channels are popping up like mushrooms nowadays). I'm not eve sure we'll get to that point nor if it's how these things work. But, more important for team rumors, it appears that racing alone will not be enough for some guys if they want to be paid reasonably well. I guess Someone like Bruni or Pierron will get good paychecks whatsoever because they are winning quite often (meaning they'll always keep their sponsors in the spotlight). I think the constant search of out of race exposure from brands is due to the fact that there are so few races in a season too (both for dh and enduro) , which drastically reduces opportunities to promote sponsors. If 2021 will be as bad as last year in regards of racing, it will hard for many racers to keep "just racing".
Definitely saturated yt/ig mtb. The only channels I will definitely watch are vital because the videos are concise and comprehensive and syndicate, well the the syndicate...
Verbl Kint
1/11/2021 3:44am
trexyz wrote:
Does anyone know who will provide the frames for Unior team? I think Jure Zabjek is one of the most underrated riders in the circuit, the...
Does anyone know who will provide the frames for Unior team? I think Jure Zabjek is one of the most underrated riders in the circuit, the guy is insanely fast...I hope they will have a good frame for this season. I really like Devinci and the prototype with the high pivot that was used last season looks really nice, but I’ve read that they don’t want to launch that version of the frame. Running a world cup team is expensive but IMO is the best way to advertise your products, I really want to see Devinci back on the world cup circuit I’m curious if they will have their own team...
I wouldn't be surprised if Unior went back to Trek frames. Jure did very well on a Session, if I recall correctly.
trexyz
1/11/2021 5:05am
Verbl Kint wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Unior went back to Trek frames. Jure did very well on a Session, if I recall correctly.
That would be awesome, I hope that they will get the latest session (the one that was rumored to have a high pivot) I don’t know how is working if they are not a factory team...
LukeD
1/11/2021 5:38am
Intense tries to sell bikes to the moto community and all the advertising from Matthes (PulpMx) sureĺy has helped. They need to update their bikes though...
Intense tries to sell bikes to the moto community and all the advertising from Matthes (PulpMx) sureĺy has helped. They need to update their bikes though and hire a good graphic designer.
ha... ya. Their design is a bit behind the times, I should send them my resume. But then again, I miss the old red frames with black, yellow and white graphics from the late 90's early 2000's.
jackheat
1/11/2021 5:40am
The cube one is going to be huge they have bought Instagram and Facebook ads
jackheat
1/11/2021 5:56am
jackheat wrote:
The cube one is going to be huge they have bought Instagram and Facebook ads
haha if just seen whos in the team it's kinda surprising IMO- cube is your reading this you need to hide stuff better on ur website it was in the code lmao- not gonna spoil it hehe
SB14
1/11/2021 5:59am
jackheat wrote:
haha if just seen whos in the team it's kinda surprising IMO- cube is your reading this you need to hide stuff better on ur website...
haha if just seen whos in the team it's kinda surprising IMO- cube is your reading this you need to hide stuff better on ur website it was in the code lmao- not gonna spoil it hehe
Cmon! THIS is the rumor thread.
danposs86
1/11/2021 6:01am
jackheat wrote:
haha if just seen whos in the team it's kinda surprising IMO- cube is your reading this you need to hide stuff better on ur website...
At least give us the page with the code on it haha
grinch
1/11/2021 7:16am
That c dale mitch is on looks super dated. Steep ha, high bb and short wb and tt. Looks like a bug wheel bmx. Maybe thats what he wants
sharpy212
1/11/2021 7:23am
Mitch could ride a shopping cart and still look more stylish than most people on a bike. Big loss for Santacruz...

Post a reply to: 2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest