2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Jakers
9/23/2019 10:38pm
Jakers wrote:
With RM discontinuing the Maiden... might riders like Storch and Verbeeck find new homes.
metadave wrote:
If Aggys running a 150/160 Evil I think Carson should manage with the new Slayer
Was Agassiz at hillbilly huck fest or loose fest? Hopefully he come out swinging in October!
Wickes86
9/26/2019 4:07am
I was at Canyon in Koblenz on Tuesday this week and if I'm not wrong, Tahnee Seagrave was there. What could that mean?
9/26/2019 5:29am
Danny Hart is hosting a saracen team day at his bike park on 22nd Oct so must be staying with them until at least 22nd Oct
Barry
9/26/2019 9:57am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2019 9:58am
I bet that there’s another U.K. rider on the red bull helmet programme next year
MTBert
9/26/2019 12:19pm
Tahnee to Commencal for 2020
depeche4
9/26/2019 12:30pm
Barry wrote:
I bet that there’s another U.K. rider on the red bull helmet programme next year
That is easy, Laurie is ready to sign.
bartman
9/26/2019 12:33pm
MTBert wrote:
Tahnee to Commencal for 2020
That’s better. Really missing some decent rumours on here this year!!!
Scrub
9/26/2019 1:16pm
Wickes86 wrote:
I was at Canyon in Koblenz on Tuesday this week and if I'm not wrong, Tahnee Seagrave was there. What could that mean?
That's a great rumor. Let's see how it plays out.
depeche4
9/26/2019 2:17pm
Wickes86 wrote:
Scrub wrote:
If this is going to happen, I think it would have to be a frame deal only. Can not see
her joining the Canyon factory team since I assume her brother would have to be
signed as well. Nothing against Kaos, but his results have not been strong.

As well, She has always been a shimano/fox rider, I assume this combo is important to her.
Joining Troy and Mark would be a total whole sale change.
Big Bird
9/26/2019 4:26pm
depeche4 wrote:
If this is going to happen, I think it would have to be a frame deal only. Can not see her joining the Canyon factory team...
If this is going to happen, I think it would have to be a frame deal only. Can not see

As well, She has always been a shimano/fox rider, I assume this combo is important to her.
FMD Racing has always been it's own team. Their choice of frame, suspension, drivetrain, etc.. So will the frame manufacturer be Canyon or Commencal or someone else as it seems they're shopping around.

My early theory is that she's seen Tracy Hannah's results on that Polygon and is leaning that way. Dare I say even on a Marin labeled version. Same owners and all?
Verbl Kint
9/26/2019 7:27pm
Big Bird wrote:
FMD Racing has always been it's own team. Their choice of frame, suspension, drivetrain, etc.. So will the frame manufacturer be Canyon or Commencal or someone...
FMD Racing has always been it's own team. Their choice of frame, suspension, drivetrain, etc.. So will the frame manufacturer be Canyon or Commencal or someone else as it seems they're shopping around.

My early theory is that she's seen Tracy Hannah's results on that Polygon and is leaning that way. Dare I say even on a Marin labeled version. Same owners and all?
If you look at the results of the Commencal team before and after their 29" bike came out, you can easily tell why it's a privateer's favorite.

Riders on the Scott Gambler also have jumped up the rankings from 2018 to 2019, it is clearly a far more capable race bike than last year's; Brendog even said as much in Loic's Outspoken interview.

My guess is that FMD will more than likely choose one of the above.
obskwr
9/27/2019 1:48am
Barry wrote:
Laurie hopefully after this insane season!
obskwr
9/27/2019 1:52am
Wickes86 wrote:
Scrub wrote:
depeche4 wrote:
If this is going to happen, I think it would have to be a frame deal only. Can not see her joining the Canyon factory team...

Idk why people ignored my earlier comment. but something is happening, a big change for fmd.

New Pits rig is on the way for them.
Lenzerheide was the last race with the campervan setup.

you heard it here first.
dolface
9/27/2019 4:45am
Mo(n)arch wrote:
Is Sam Hill‘s contract up?
No, he has another year and there's video of him saying he's looking forward to going for his fourth overall title next year
shreda
9/29/2019 12:44pm
Scrub wrote:
depeche4 wrote:

obskwr wrote:
Idk why people ignored my earlier comment. but something is happening, a big change for fmd. New Pits rig is on the way for them. Lenzerheide...
Idk why people ignored my earlier comment. but something is happening, a big change for fmd.

New Pits rig is on the way for them.
Lenzerheide was the last race with the campervan setup.

you heard it here first.
FMD on Canyon next season... Wink
9/29/2019 10:20pm
Big Bird wrote:
FMD Racing has always been it's own team. Their choice of frame, suspension, drivetrain, etc.. So will the frame manufacturer be Canyon or Commencal or someone...

What results exactly ? When you are 3rd consistently for how many race and the top 2 riders go down it is expected you end up on the to spot. Tracey didn't go faster and was way behind the Polygon last season and start of this one so I donlt see why Tahnee would be particularly leaning towards this frame. We could go as far as to say that maybe Tracey is the third wheel because of this frame ? Nobody on the Polygon team is doing so great afterall ...
Superj07
9/30/2019 3:43am
In Troy Brosnans latest post he is wearing TLD attire and pads. I think he was on Dainese last season so maybe a sponsor shuffle up for canyon factory?
bizutch
9/30/2019 10:58am
Superj07 wrote:
In Troy Brosnans latest post he is wearing TLD attire and pads. I think he was on Dainese last season so maybe a sponsor shuffle up...
In Troy Brosnans latest post he is wearing TLD attire and pads. I think he was on Dainese last season so maybe a sponsor shuffle up for canyon factory?
I can dig up tons of pros riding in TLD moto gear too. Pro DH guys run what they have in the closet for moto and Dainese doesn't make moto kit.
Howie286
9/30/2019 2:51pm
Howie286 wrote:
Lucy Mackie to nukeproof
Lucy Mackie has just confirmed that she has left Northside cyclerly - pending new sponsor announcement. I'll keep everyone in the loop
Verbl Kint
9/30/2019 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2019 8:16pm
Any insight on privateers/non-factory team riders making the leap to a trade team or full factory ride? Off the top of my head:

Downhill:
Camille Balanche - 7th overall this season
Nina Hoffman - everyone is saying the Syndicate but is this confirmed
Tuhoto-Ariki Pene - solid results racing Juniors this year, I don't think Subway will be able to keep this fast young man Tongue
Cole Picchiottino - wore no other logos other than Fasthouse on the US Open podium (3rd behind Loic and Minnaar)
David Trummer - YT should move this guy to full factory support
Johannes Von Klebelsberg - aka the 'Denim Destroyer'

Enduro:
Cole Lucas - maybe Pivot should move this fast young Vanzac to the factory team
Kevin Miquel - 3rd overall without full factory support
Raphaela Richter - supposedly will be doing a full 2020 EWS season, but will she still ride with Juliana?
Matthew Stuttard - has been relatively injury-free with a top 20 overall
Christian Textor - lots of top 20 finishes this year, will he be staying with Bulls?

Any other names that might have been missed?

JamesR_2026
9/30/2019 11:24pm
Superj07 wrote:
In Troy Brosnans latest post he is wearing TLD attire and pads. I think he was on Dainese last season so maybe a sponsor shuffle up...
bizutch wrote:
I can dig up tons of pros riding in TLD moto gear too. Pro DH guys run what they have in the closet for moto and...
I can dig up tons of pros riding in TLD moto gear too. Pro DH guys run what they have in the closet for moto and Dainese doesn't make moto kit.
Troy did specific social media posts to show off his TLD Adidas kit and has been doing promo stuff with the Australian TLD distributor (Lusty Industries) recently. Safe to call this one confirmed!
clem-mk
10/1/2019 1:33am
Verbl Kint wrote:
Any insight on privateers/non-factory team riders making the leap to a trade team or full factory ride? Off the top of my head: Downhill: • [b]Camille...
Any insight on privateers/non-factory team riders making the leap to a trade team or full factory ride? Off the top of my head:

Downhill:
Tuhoto-Ariki Pene - solid results racing Juniors this year, I don't think Subway will be able to keep this fast young man Tongue
Cole Picchiottino - wore no other logos other than Fasthouse on the US Open podium (3rd behind Loic and Minnaar)

Enduro:
Raphaela Richter - supposedly will be doing a full 2020 EWS season, but will she still ride with Juliana?
Christian Textor - lots of top 20 finishes this year, will he be staying with Bulls?

Kevin Miquel is on factory contract with Sunn/fsa/formula etc etc.
sharpy212
10/1/2019 6:58am
Superj07 wrote:
bizutch wrote:
I can dig up tons of pros riding in TLD moto gear too. Pro DH guys run what they have in the closet for moto and...
Troy did specific social media posts to show off his TLD Adidas kit and has been doing promo stuff with the Australian TLD distributor (Lusty Industries)...
Troy did specific social media posts to show off his TLD Adidas kit and has been doing promo stuff with the Australian TLD distributor (Lusty Industries) recently. Safe to call this one confirmed!
Pretty sure the canyon team are already sponsored by TLD, the DH team ride there helmets as well as the Enduro team.
jeff.brines
10/1/2019 1:56pm
Verbl Kint wrote:
Any insight on privateers/non-factory team riders making the leap to a trade team or full factory ride? Off the top of my head: Downhill: • [b]Camille...

Downhill:

Enduro:

Cole is a Trek test rider (or was). That was a helluva result at the US Open, but I'm not sure he's done anything else that would bring him out of "riff-raff" status. Not throwing shade, dude is fast as hell, just saying factory teams usually want something that can be a podium threat at the world level. Unless he has a break out season, I don't see it happening.
10/1/2019 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2019 2:14pm
I thought I saw a pic of Cole on a Santa Cruz at the US Open...
Edit.. Found it over on PB in their Bikes from the US Open post..
sspomer
10/2/2019 7:15am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 7:47am
this is more business news than team news, but interesting for sure. chris hilton (one of the main brains behind SRAM eagle development) is now at YT. press release below. Listen to our Inside Line podcast with Chris here (from Sea Otter 2017)
-----------------------------
New YT Industries Team Set-Up spells more Good Times

October 2, 2019 – Forchheim, Germany: YT Industries welcomes Elmar Keineke and Chris Hilton to the family. Elmar Keineke joins YT as the new Global Marketing Director. Chris Hilton will lead the R&D and product development department in the role as Chief Technical Officer (CTO). Stefan Willared, who has been the CTO since the German direct brand was founded back in 2008, is taking up the new vital role of Chief Information Officer (CIO) to push the further establishment of YT Industries as a globally operating brand.

"We are stoked to welcome both Elmar and Chris to the team and look forward to working together in pursuit of both Good Times and game changing developments in all gravity segments.”
– Markus Flossmann, CEO YT Industries

Chris Hilton & Elmar Keineke join the YT Family
YT Industries first took to the market with an initial batch of 150 steel dirt jump frames after Markus Flossmann decided to follow his passion for biking. Since then Flossmann and his good friend and CTO Stefan Willared have developed YT Industries into a globally operating, direct selling brand that offers a wide range of high-end mountain bikes such as the JEFFSY, CAPRA, TUES and the latest eye-opening development the E-Enduro DECOY. Now, YT Industries is at the beginning of a new era by welcoming Elmar Keineke, Global Marketing Director, and Chris Hilton, new Chief Technical Officer, to the family and also by confronting the challenges posed by developing a brand that operates on a global level with the introduction of the CIO position.

"Our effort and success in the past years has led to us become a brand with a global following. My experience within the industry and knowing YT Industries inside out allows me to take on the new role as Chief Information Officer. I look forward to pursuing the goal of improving the customer experience as a whole and ensuring the further development and success of the brand.”
– Stefan Willared, CIO YT Industries

Pure passion for mountain biking
Elmar Keineke and Chris Hilton both share one thing in common: a strong passion for two wheels. Chris Hilton has spent the better part of his life racing and riding bikes of all types. In the mid-90’s he took a role working in the bike industry developing new products. Hilton spent the last 10 years at SRAM Germany, and he and his family will remain living in Germany working at YT’s office.

"The business aspect is critical of course, but I love riding bikes and that’s my passion. This is clearly shared by YT and the people within the company. I look forward to developing products that more people want to be a part of and excite them to go ride their YT bike.”
– Chris Hilton, CTO YT Industries

Keineke’s admiration for bikes started while racing BMX professionally from the age of 12 and he never turned his back on the two-wheel world from then onward. After racing mountain bikes on a World Cup level, Keineke has spent two decades working within the industry.

"YT is rooted deeply within the mountain biking core and I am stoked to be working for a brand that is so dedicated to the core scene. It is a great opportunity to work for a product that is aimed directly at the customer and rider’s needs. YT is a company with lots of momentum and I feel at home working for such a gravity orientated brand.”
– Elmar Keineke, Global Marketing Director YT Industries

For more Information about YT Industries:
www.yt-industries.com
www.instagram.com/yt_industries
www.facebook.com/yt.industries

ClubRoost
10/2/2019 10:54pm

Wild speculation, but when is Blenkis contract up with Norco? YT perhaps??

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest