2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

danposs86
1/23/2020 8:54am
Maybe it was just for a photoshoot? A lot of over-thinkers commenting today.
mwolpin
1/23/2020 8:58am
mwolpin wrote:
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t get whole “Jared Graves watch 2020.” The dude is legit fast and talented, but I find myself unable to...
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t get whole “Jared Graves watch 2020.” The dude is legit fast and talented, but I find myself unable to root for him and Richie due to the lack of an explanation for their failed tests. While Maes’ situation was likely different, I thought he handled the situation admirably.
LTrumpore wrote:
At the risk of this devolving into another Graves/Rude doping thread, here's a bit of info straight from the source. Easy to miss as it was...
At the risk of this devolving into another Graves/Rude doping thread, here's a bit of info straight from the source. Easy to miss as it was given in the PB comment section rather then an official statement, but I imagine that may be forthcoming with further announcements of his plan. More here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/jaredgraves/

'Ok,I'll try and clear a few things up, NO BS, just facts, hope it can help. The supplemnet in question in this case is BPM labs "the one" which if you want to look it up. Now states Higenamine in the ingredients list, but in older versions, and in the tub in this case was listed as Nandina Domestica (fruit extract) and the oxilofrine component is still labelled as Synephrine HCL. Things get tricky when you type these ingredients into the WADA search and not a single result comes up, which tells you everything is OK. So we had to dive a bit deeper into finding out how these things got in our systems, and when we did, we found of that many ingredients have many different variations, and names, which is what has caught us out. We also found out since learning the hard way, just how prevalent these ingredients are in off the shelf pre workout drinks, which is a bit scary when you first hand find out the consequences, and how unregulated products with these ingredients are. Even a teenager could walk in to a supplement store and buy this, no questions asked. I've also since learned that 1 in 5 off the shelf pre workout drinks (in Australia at least) have something banned in them. Everything i've mentioned above had to be proven beyond doubt to the AFLD (french anti doping) theres no corruption, or loopholes, or lawyers spin put on it. Just facts and real consequences. So i'll put my hand up all day long and say im guilty of negligence. MY mindset was that I'v never sought anything performance enhancing, and Ive never had an issues with the Dozens and Dozens of in and out of competition doping tests ive had, so all will be good. I git a bit too relaxed with the whole process, I never thought there was any chance I could ever be in this situation, yet here we are. A moment of Negligence yes, premeditated cheaters, hell NO!!!! Maybe ask yourself, would you ever think you need to do extensive study and research, on every ingredient of every thing you ever put in your body? Combine that with what I said above, and hopefully you get a clearer picture of how this very unfortunate situation has come to be. Possibly the main reason i'm writing this is the amount of uneducated and downright false comments here. Some of you really should be a bit more careful with your wild assumptions and accusations. There are real people on the other side of this. Its obvious that many just want to be hateful and drag people down, and that's pretty sad. When road cycling and in Particular Lance Armstrongs name gets thrown in the ring, WOW, are you serious??? Consider the things iv'e mentioned, and maybe think again. People all seem to think theres some kind of Magic pill out there, that will take them from weekend warrior to world class level podium guy. Nobody stops to think that maybe the 25+ hours a week spent training, in the gym, on the bike, not going out with your friends, 5am starts, the constant crahses, injuries and sacrifices, has a bit more to do with it. The work that goes in is simply incomprehendable to most, and it's what makes the difference. Everyone who trains and competes at that level understands that, Which I would say is the main reason no other pros have spoken up about this. Mistakes were made, and we're both paying the biggest price for that. It's added more stress to my life, on an already extremely stressful time. So maybe take the time to consider both sides of the equation before spreading some uneducated hate, and misinformation.

Thanks Lee. I had not seen this response from Jared and it does fill in some of the holes, while leaving other questions.

At the end of the day and maybe it's a reflection more of today's society, I will still have a hard time believing explanations like these, especially those that start of with "here are the facts, no BS." Maybe it's the byproduct of initially believing the likes of Lance and Floyd only to be proven wrong. Either way, I am glad to see him on the bike even though I may not root for him.
Primoz
1/23/2020 9:35am
LLLLL wrote:
Cool I’ll remember to tuck this year. Is there any gravel roads on the World Cup DH? Wind tunnel is a pr stunt. Just like suspension...
Cool I’ll remember to tuck this year. Is there any gravel roads on the World Cup DH?
Wind tunnel is a pr stunt. Just like suspension logging for everyone bar one is a head game.
And it still a mullet.
Top part of Fort William is defo tuckable. And maybe the motorway. But basically anywhere where there are marginal gains to pedalling, where the riders are or can get tired (length of Ft. William for example) or are going too fast to pedal.
Maxipedia
1/23/2020 9:53am
bizutch wrote:
Blue socks & shoes make it look like Grubby is wearing race sandals. New minimalist weight savings....
In other news, Grubby also received a scholarship for dentistry at the University of Colorado, in Boulder, seriously preparing for his new ambassador role within the Yeti Tribe. :D
LTrumpore
1/23/2020 10:01am
sspomer wrote:
LOL brines! here are some of the pics that came w/ the PR about graves. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/uploads/2191/K4snpArQ.jpeg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/uploads/2190/eg89yCGA.jpeg[/img]
LOL brines! here are some of the pics that came w/ the PR about graves.

Do I see new Shimano cranks on that bike?
LLLLL
1/23/2020 10:32am
LLLLL wrote:
Cool I’ll remember to tuck this year. Is there any gravel roads on the World Cup DH? Wind tunnel is a pr stunt. Just like suspension...
Cool I’ll remember to tuck this year. Is there any gravel roads on the World Cup DH?
Wind tunnel is a pr stunt. Just like suspension logging for everyone bar one is a head game.
And it still a mullet.
Primoz wrote:
Top part of Fort William is defo tuckable. And maybe the motorway. But basically anywhere where there are marginal gains to pedalling, where the riders are...
Top part of Fort William is defo tuckable. And maybe the motorway. But basically anywhere where there are marginal gains to pedalling, where the riders are or can get tired (length of Ft. William for example) or are going too fast to pedal.
True
LLLLL
1/23/2020 10:34am
sspomer wrote:
LOL brines! here are some of the pics that came w/ the PR about graves. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/uploads/2191/K4snpArQ.jpeg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/uploads/2190/eg89yCGA.jpeg[/img]

LTrumpore wrote:
Is that the lock ring version that got delayed?
sharpy212
1/23/2020 10:57am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 10:57am
Graves bikes always look so dialed! 👌🏼
1/23/2020 11:27am
sspomer wrote:

Graves and his bike look so mint!
metadave
1/23/2020 12:33pm
bizutch wrote:
Blue socks & shoes make it look like Grubby is wearing race sandals. New minimalist weight savings....
Maxipedia wrote:
In other news, Grubby also received a scholarship for dentistry at the University of Colorado, in Boulder, seriously preparing for his new ambassador role within the...
In other news, Grubby also received a scholarship for dentistry at the University of Colorado, in Boulder, seriously preparing for his new ambassador role within the Yeti Tribe. :D
Thread winner
1/23/2020 12:59pm
Gwin flyin' on a new prototype?
santa cruz geometry !
1/23/2020 1:02pm
LTrumpore wrote:
I think they're just MT900s with more visible Shimano branding. It's a sweet crank, basically XT arms with an all-black finish and matching XTR ring. What's funny is that XTR rings are around $130 and you can get this whole crankset for $140-170, all day.
nikos023
1/23/2020 1:11pm
Gwin flyin' on a new prototype?
loic.penel wrote:
santa cruz geometry !
Nomad feat magatower
LTrumpore
1/23/2020 1:14pm
LTrumpore wrote:
I think they're just MT900s with more visible Shimano branding. It's a sweet crank, basically XT arms with an all-black finish and matching XTR ring. What's...
I think they're just MT900s with more visible Shimano branding. It's a sweet crank, basically XT arms with an all-black finish and matching XTR ring. What's funny is that XTR rings are around $130 and you can get this whole crankset for $140-170, all day.
That's was my first thought, but these have a different logo placement/color. That might be all though.
1/23/2020 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 1:52pm
Unsure, but they are typical Portuguese houses
I, as a certified portuguese person, agree and aprove this assesment 😎
TSchafer
1/23/2020 7:31pm
dolface wrote:
regarding the mulletness: the sill of the window in the background is level and the front tire is clearly taller, so they're either messing with us...
regarding the mulletness: the sill of the window in the background is level and the front tire is clearly taller, so they're either messing with us (entirely likely) or it's probably a mullet.

Canyon is a sophisticated enough brand that these pics are almost certainly vetted by multiple folks before they go out. It doesn't mean they don't mess up tho...

Primoz wrote:
The bike could be angled in regards to the camera making one wheel larger. Not saying it's not mullet, I'd just reserve my judgment until more...
The bike could be angled in regards to the camera making one wheel larger.

Not saying it's not mullet, I'd just reserve my judgment until more info is provided.
LLLLL wrote:
What do you think they were testing yaw angles in the wind tunnel too?
It’s a mullet.
I’m really curious if we’ll see any DH racers try narrower tires for aero advantages, now that we have tire inserts. Seems like that could (?) make a big difference along with the shorter visors it seems we may already be seeing.
Big Bird
1/23/2020 7:35pm
Big Bird wrote:
High pivots are the future...
metadave wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2020/01/23/9040/s1200_original.jpg[/img]

And i've been saying it for a decade or so.
peecee
1/23/2020 8:16pm
Big Bird wrote:
Pretty sure Olivier Bossard, Max Commencal and Nico Vouilloz were ahead of everyone with High Pivot point and suspension data analysis in the late 90’s and early 00’s

metadave
1/23/2020 8:25pm
Big Bird wrote:
metadave wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2020/01/23/9040/s1200_original.jpg[/img]

Big Bird wrote:
And i've been saying it for a decade or so.
When I rebuilt that silver balfa this summer, sure it was a little short, but damn it was still fast. High pivot for life. I'm still in awe over what I've seen the forbidden druid do for 130mm bike.
krabo83
1/23/2020 11:08pm
sspomer wrote:

LTrumpore wrote:
aren‘t those rotor cranks?
krabo83
1/23/2020 11:21pm
ok, should have zoomed in... it says shimano.
LLLLL
1/24/2020 12:10am
Callaghan on Devinci
The local lads are saying special ed around here.
Maxipedia
1/24/2020 12:50am
TSchafer wrote:
I’m really curious if we’ll see any DH racers try narrower tires for aero advantages, now that we have tire inserts. Seems like that could (?)...
I’m really curious if we’ll see any DH racers try narrower tires for aero advantages, now that we have tire inserts. Seems like that could (?) make a big difference along with the shorter visors it seems we may already be seeing.
Don't forget that Palmer was sporting only short Stinger visors on his custom lids and Peaty had them too on a few of his own. I have a black chrome one on my '05 D2 Flash, I don't know it it's quicker, but damn it looks good! :D

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest