2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

ozzer
1/6/2020 2:43pm
tmano2 wrote:
was his win revoked?
iceman2058 wrote:
No, Alex is saying that's how he feels about it, because he had very different conditions during his run, so in his mind he "stole" it...
No, Alex is saying that's how he feels about it, because he had very different conditions during his run, so in his mind he "stole" it. Which is a rough thing to carry around IMO, especially when he then went on to face quite a bit of bad luck/injuries etc. Wishing him well!
LLLLL wrote:
Alex won that day. No if, buts or maybes
I remember when Matti Lehikoinen was in a similar situation when he won Champery (the round more associated with Sam Hill's 4th place finish when everyone else failed to just survive down the mountain in the rain and goop). To his credit, Matti claimed to have studied the forecast for race day and purposely qualified in a spot where he felt the weather won't be much a factor just yet.

Anyway, had he not won another round like he did in Brazil shortly thereafter, he may have well been in the same shoes as Alex is in right now. I can't remember if Matti won or podium'd beyond that Brazil round as he was injured badly in his last days with the Honda team.
clem-mk
1/6/2020 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 2:55pm
FqqTBawL wrote:
Jono Jones on Pivot [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2020/01/06/8887/s1200_Screenshot_20200107_092706_Instagram.jpg[/img]
Jono Jones on Pivot
Nice bike without the "I'm cool with the 90's colors on my bike" decals...
rugbyred
1/6/2020 3:37pm
Vink to Transition. Confirmed on Transitions Instagram account
1/6/2020 3:52pm
vweb wrote:
Some were pretty vocals at the time, more for Alex that other "stolers" in fact...
Loic definitely complained the most on social media about the Lourdes race going to shit. About the UCI not adjusting the schedule and whatnot. Minaar was the most chill about it it seemed despite also being caught out.

Back to team rumors though don't wanna make this another unnecessary tangent
1/6/2020 4:56pm
I present you with Specialized gravity’s new team member Christopher GRICE with 10 mins of research I figured it out , straight to roots and rain checking americian champs as someone above mentioned he from America And funny enough he won American champs , checked spg’s insta story boom someone with two identical red wrist braces funny enough Christopher GRICE also runs two identical red wrist braces and will be 1st ur junior next year , you can thank me later
obskwr
1/6/2020 5:30pm
Seth sherlock on Intense factory racing
1/6/2020 9:19pm
Jared graves just posted a picture of a shimano brake on a fox fork, further fueling the yeti rumors
1/6/2020 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 10:37pm
Looks like it’s just a printed pic from his ews win. Don’t think it means much either way.
Not saying this is definite.

Kurt is the Pivot mechanic and he is talking about 2020

Kurt could be moving on too of course. But posting a Pivot photo for no particular reason...

#rumours Wink

Ncbmxpro
1/7/2020 5:03am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 9:58am
I present you with Specialized gravity’s new team member Christopher GRICE with 10 mins of research I figured it out , straight to roots and rain...
I present you with Specialized gravity’s new team member Christopher GRICE with 10 mins of research I figured it out , straight to roots and rain checking americian champs as someone above mentioned he from America And funny enough he won American champs , checked spg’s insta story boom someone with two identical red wrist braces funny enough Christopher GRICE also runs two identical red wrist braces and will be 1st ur junior next year , you can thank me later
Great investigating! Christopher Grice is a great kid and very down to earth. Lives in the same area and has the same trainer as Luca Shaw when Luca was a teenager. He also bangs laps out with Neko and Dak at Windrock. He is still young at 17 so there is so much more potential.
groghunter
1/7/2020 7:20am
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda stoked to see Transition sponsoring a full on freerider again.

Now, who else are they sponsoring, what with #morewherethatcamefrom #staytuned or is that just talking about Nico puting out edits?
1/7/2020 7:48am
sspomer wrote:
vink's + transition video (i know this was announced 3 hours ago, just embedding video here) View this post on Instagram Welcome to the Transition family...
groghunter wrote:
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda stoked to see Transition sponsoring a full on freerider again. Now, who else are they sponsoring, what with #morewherethatcamefrom #staytuned or...
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda stoked to see Transition sponsoring a full on freerider again.

Now, who else are they sponsoring, what with #morewherethatcamefrom #staytuned or is that just talking about Nico puting out edits?
I just wonder if they’ll be a frame sponsor for a wc team. Not sure if they can afford both
groghunter
1/7/2020 7:55am
I just wonder if they’ll be a frame sponsor for a wc team. Not sure if they can afford both
I'd guess no. Might be part of why FMD is moving on after 5 years.
1/7/2020 8:24am
sspomer wrote:
vink's + transition video (i know this was announced 3 hours ago, just embedding video here) View this post on Instagram Welcome to the Transition family...
groghunter wrote:
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda stoked to see Transition sponsoring a full on freerider again. Now, who else are they sponsoring, what with #morewherethatcamefrom #staytuned or...

The insync team may be an option for transition
C-LION
1/7/2020 8:54am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 8:58am
Elias Schwaerzler off Specialized...not a surprise after the news from Fabio Widmer.

Who will be their new sponsor? I assume it will be a brand with deep pockets. Canyon? Commencal? Trek? Santa Cruz? (Not all brands have a trial bike in their range..)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7BkCSkBbnj/?igshid=m6xsktnygoy9
1/7/2020 8:58am
ozzer wrote:
I remember when Matti Lehikoinen was in a similar situation when he won Champery (the round more associated with Sam Hill's 4th place finish when everyone...
I remember when Matti Lehikoinen was in a similar situation when he won Champery (the round more associated with Sam Hill's 4th place finish when everyone else failed to just survive down the mountain in the rain and goop). To his credit, Matti claimed to have studied the forecast for race day and purposely qualified in a spot where he felt the weather won't be much a factor just yet.

Anyway, had he not won another round like he did in Brazil shortly thereafter, he may have well been in the same shoes as Alex is in right now. I can't remember if Matti won or podium'd beyond that Brazil round as he was injured badly in his last days with the Honda team.
Matti had one Brazil before Champery. 2006 and 2007 respectively. FYI
1/7/2020 9:51am
groghunter wrote:
I'd guess no. Might be part of why FMD is moving on after 5 years.
I heard they got an extra 350k in the Canyon deal.
UpDawg
1/7/2020 9:54am
iceman2058 wrote:
No, Alex is saying that's how he feels about it, because he had very different conditions during his run, so in his mind he "stole" it...
No, Alex is saying that's how he feels about it, because he had very different conditions during his run, so in his mind he "stole" it. Which is a rough thing to carry around IMO, especially when he then went on to face quite a bit of bad luck/injuries etc. Wishing him well!
LLLLL wrote:
Alex won that day. No if, buts or maybes
ozzer wrote:
I remember when Matti Lehikoinen was in a similar situation when he won Champery (the round more associated with Sam Hill's 4th place finish when everyone...

*3rd
Verbl Kint
1/7/2020 9:29pm
clem-mk wrote:
I would have expected him with Isabeau in Intense/whatever racing. Sad news for a really nice and funny guy (looks like).
He got his best EWS result on the Rallon (Whistler 2019) so it's too bad Orbea let him go.

I hope he gets another chance with a factory team.

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest