46 of 56
Create New Tag
metadave metadave
9/16/2020 8:43 PM
Sean_Hornchek wrote:
nomad v5
krabo83 wrote:

headtube looks even ...more

XL frame maybe with a very low seat mast?

gbcoke gbcoke
9/17/2020 12:20 AM
Verbl Kint wrote:

Saw this while ...more

Looks very nice compared to other Chinese open mold frames.
Do you know who makes them ?

Mati_E Mati_E
9/17/2020 6:06 AM
bturman wrote:

New shoes in the wild?! ...more

[SPOILER ALERT !] It looks that it's a CrankBrothers shoe collection to come : Photo

Philip_Rossetti Philip_Rossetti
9/17/2020 6:19 AM
Mati_E wrote:

[SPOILER ALERT !] It looks ...more

They have an Instagram account called “@questionnarkmtb” regarding those shoes. I never once thought that the thing their riders all have in common is being sponsored by crank brothers.

sspomer sspomer
9/17/2020 9:16 AM
Pedal4life Pedal4life
9/17/2020 10:05 AM

HEY SRAM

ARE YOU listening how come we don't have the Orbit Fluid Damper it looks to be far superior to the current roller clutch?

Primoz Primoz
9/17/2020 1:24 PM

Looks far superior based on what? Links please, if you have some info!!! smile

Whattheheel Whattheheel
9/17/2020 2:03 PM
RiderMikeCheck1 RiderMikeCheck1
9/17/2020 2:09 PM
Pedal4life wrote:

HEY SRAM

ARE YOU ...more

Fluid clutch can't handle the amount movement on a MTB. Designed for road. That's why it's only on the Road AXS groupos and not MTB.

Primoz Primoz
9/17/2020 10:02 PM

Maybe the current design. Overall there shouldn't be a problem so I'm not doubting we'll see it on MTB at some point as well, if it's really that much better than the friction clutches. With no wear parts it makes sense for it to be better, even more so in the long run.

sspomer sspomer
9/18/2020 9:22 PM
Primoz Primoz
9/19/2020 10:12 AM

And highpivot/idler lovers!

Mmmmmmmm.

dirtyrickwoodson dirtyrickwoodson
9/20/2020 1:20 PM

bit more info about that new maxxis tire from the GOAT himself
Photo

RiderMikeCheck1 RiderMikeCheck1
9/21/2020 3:36 PM

Sounds like embargo comes off the new Shorty end of this month or early October. Hope it's sooner than later. Loris ran them front and rear. Interesting Greg had an Assegai on during practice then went to the new shorty for race run. Lots of people running them at that race. Inlcuding Cabirou.

Whattheheel Whattheheel
9/21/2020 3:52 PM
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1V6ArN3u5dui53s4A

Better pic of the new C'Dale enduro whip.

Where the white women at?

pohsoonteng pohsoonteng
9/21/2020 4:16 PM

Norco Shore? Taken off some IG pics from the Paris Expo posted by Norco France

Photo
Photo
Photo

9/21/2020 4:39 PM

That norco looks sick! I’m guessing it’s the new range since that has kind of faded away in their line up?

9/21/2020 4:41 PM

Also I’m happy to see that the bigger brands are moving away from carbon bikes again! Great for cost and for the polar bears

pohsoonteng pohsoonteng
9/21/2020 4:44 PM
Philip_Rossetti wrote:

That norco looks sick! I’m ...more

I'm pretty sure that's the Shore with the High Pivot Horst Link 27.5 and the Range is going to be the one the Norco boys were racing at Crankworx which is 29er High Virtual Pivot. I agree there. I'm actually a fan of aluminum in general. I'm still skeptical about carbon even though I really shouldn't be. Just the era I grew up riding bikes in i guess...

longroadtonowhere longroadtonowhere
9/21/2020 4:52 PM
Whattheheel wrote: ...more

Saw this bike underneath john buckell the other day on IG as well. Must be pretty close to release if multiple folks are letting the pics slip onto the gram

Primoz Primoz
9/21/2020 10:09 PM

Well I think Freehub magazine had an article on environmental effects of aluminium and in the end aluminium bikes weren't actually better from carbon... But yeah, Al > C for me as well, if nothing else it's for the impact resistance.

baronKanon baronKanon
9/21/2020 10:15 PM
Primoz wrote:

Well I think Freehub ...more

The aluminium is maybe worse when it is refined, but it has eternal life with low environmental impact when being recycled. You can recycle aluminium indefinitely. Carbon composite not so much, and it usually ends up in landfills.

9/22/2020 1:06 AM
Primoz wrote:

Since the average life of a bike is about let’s say 6-10 years with maybe 2-4 owners I’d rather have something you can melt back down and turn into a coke can than something that is nearly impossible to reuse and has to be put into a landfill or burned. I have had my fair share of carbon bikes on the last few years and now that I switched back to alloy I gotta say it really makes no difference in terms of descending or climbing and the extra weight of anything makes the bike feel more stable in rough sections.

metadave metadave
9/22/2020 7:29 AM
Primoz wrote:

Philip_Rossetti wrote:

Since the average life of ...more

Exactly, after switching back and forth between carbon and aluminum the last few years the performance hasn't changed much. Maybe weight in the end product, but the bike still works. Suspension, tires and likely even spoke tension play more to how the bikes rides than material on an Enduro bike. Hardtails and road bikes, sure then it matters, but a big plush fully? Not really.

nskerb nskerb
9/22/2020 8:48 AM

Does anybody know a release date on the new Norcos? It looks like all of their 2021 bikes are out except new Range. Judging by pictures, there's going to be a 2 separate bikes. Last years new bike announcements were mid October for the optic and late October for the sight.

Primoz Primoz
9/22/2020 9:27 AM
Primoz wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

The aluminium is maybe ...more

That's what is my stance too, though recycling aluminium is very energy intensive (though not something that would be a problem with nuclear energy covering the majority of our energy needs). But they covered these points too and carbon nevertheless came out in front, which was a bit of a blow.

I'll try to find the article.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for aluminium. I see no sense in paying 50 % more for a carbon frame with questionable recyclability for a weight saving in the order of 100 or 200 g (in some cases there is no difference) with no performance gain. With the correct construction I'm fairly certain any negatives aluminium might have compared to carbon can be negated, designs requiring the use of carbon are, in my opinion, wrong from the onset (keep it simple, looks like a session and the like) and the way carbon bikes are designed (they are actually designed and tested until they don't fail with the layup modified by trial and error, not engineered, at least in quite a few cases, plus the old Stumpjumper apparently had negative rebound characteristics at high impacts due to the carbon frame loading up unfavourably), I much prefer aluminium. Plus the impact resistance, on an aluminium frame I will have a dent, not broken fibres. And aluminium will tend to yield slowly at first.

But if anything, I'd go carbon for the frame, maaaaaaaaaaybe for the rims as a test (light bicycles rims aren't THAT expensive), but it's a hard no for handlebars, stems and cranks.

9/22/2020 10:36 AM
Primoz wrote:

That's what is my stance ...more

Agree 100% and even though in Germany where I’m from most of the electricity is generated with coal it still seems more ethical to use aluminium instead of carbon. Carbon wheels are super stiff for me as I weigh barely 70kg but maybe the crank bros or zipp Moto wheels would be something to consider? The Reynolds I had on my last bike were too stiff

Whattheheel Whattheheel
9/22/2020 1:14 PM

New Nukeproof coming: [removed at the brand's request - these images have been leaked by sources not authorized to do so, and Nukeproof has respectfully asked not to share them]

PJ205 PJ205
9/22/2020 3:03 PM
Whattheheel wrote:

New Nukeproof coming: ...more

Twinsies!

Photo

Whattheheel Whattheheel
9/22/2020 3:35 PM

I was thinking more:

Photo

46 of 56

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry