2019 Racing Rumors

bokCZ
2/28/2019 4:52am
What bike is this? Kinda looks like a Banshee. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Downhill24 Hours (@downhill24h) on Feb 26, 2019 at...
What bike is this? Kinda looks like a Banshee.

definitely not a Banshee, they have just released their 29" Legend to public. I would say it is a Mondraker mule
Primoz
2/28/2019 5:05am
They have just released the new Legend, but it's just an adaptation of the old version to 29 wheels. This could be a completely new bike.

I do agree though that it could maybe fit Mondraker. And he has had a Mondraker frame on his Instagram before.
bokCZ
2/28/2019 5:14am
Yeah I know, but look at it, would you change anything? I guess not and I don´t think Keith would change the KS link so much. But I agree the area around a shock looks really so much Legend. Also I don´t think it would be worthy for them to develop completely new bike. Will see.
Exactly, he has had it before and as he is not racing the top level, he could be the one who doesn´t care so much about results so it would make sense let him to test it.
Bob-j
2/28/2019 7:03am
I'm gonna call it as a prototype RAAW downhill bike (makers of the Madonna trail bike). Just a hunch, but seems to tick a few boxes.
Primoz
2/28/2019 7:18am
FWIW, not horst link and i doubt a DH bike is their forte. They seem like a brand with different aspirations, riding wise.
raozaki
2/28/2019 9:40am
bokCZ wrote:
definitely not a Banshee, they have just released their 29" Legend to public. I would say it is a Mondraker mule
mondraker doesn't seem too far off.
components seem to match and supension layout seems similar too.

the current zero suspension layout they use seems a wee bit different though, cause the shock ist attached to the lower link whereas in the picture it seems to be connected to the front triangle?
Scrub
3/1/2019 2:43pm
Saw this posted on Giant's FB page....Fox Suspension onboard for 2019 Factory Off Road Team

watchcwgo
3/1/2019 4:10pm
Pretty much called this back in December when fox and giant were both testing in Sedona. None of those 40's say 49 yet though Wink
3/1/2019 5:10pm
Does anyone know if/what Tom Van Steenbergen has a frame sponsor?
David9180
3/2/2019 12:36am
What bike is this? Kinda looks like a Banshee. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Downhill24 Hours (@downhill24h) on Feb 26, 2019 at...
What bike is this? Kinda looks like a Banshee.

This has to be ZUMBI cycles prototype. ?
3/3/2019 7:02am
Some new sponsors and official nomination of COACH PEATY for The Syndicate:

Press Release: Santa Cruz Bicycles

Santa Cruz Syndicate return to the campaign trail for 2019 with Greg Minnaar (RSA), Luca Shaw (USA) and Loris Vergier (FRA) all voting Remain, while Steve Peat (GBR) is appointed Head Coach and Speaker of the House.

“We break down walls, not build them” explains Rob Roskopp, Team Director come President. “Despite such a well known group of riders, our policy is to keep the team as relatable as we can. It’s the motivation behind doing the web series, and the reason our approach to pit set-up is more privateer than private party. First testing for 2019 starts next week and I’m already getting revved up about the season. With the World Cup returning to the Les Gets / Morzine area and the Worlds in Mont Sainte Anne, it’s shaping up to be one of those classic years.”

Kathy Sessler continues her role as Chief Whip, while mechanics Doug Hatfield, Jason Marsh and PA Roche resume their V10 spin doctoring

Burgtec have officially joined the party now too, and will deliver bars, stems and seatposts in whatever myriad of sizes Greg is convinced he needs. They will also be co-developing grips with Minnaar and Vergier as the season unfolds.

Crank Brothers continue to ensure the riders keep their mettle to the pedals in all conditions and fi'zi:k has their back with a series of custom saddles.

Chris King deliver their touch of precision to hubs, headsets and espressos while Clif handles nutritional duties once again. And in the background, WD-40 will ensure everything’s running slicker than a Russian Facebook campaign

Two of the newest developments in camp Syndicate are the arrival of N12 Technologies and Silverstone Paint Technologies.

N12 Technologies, based out of Massachusetts USA, deliver advanced nanomaterials to our composite engineers, enabling them to create exceptionally high performing Reserve wheels. The project is still a little hush hush, but we’ll be doing a more in depth feature soon so stay tuned!

Silverstone Paint Technologies (SPT), from the UK, are the pioneering company behind much of the best paint jobs you see on the F1 circuit. Using the latest in materials and finishing techniques SPT will be custom painting Syndicate V10s to shave yet more weight from the design and look F1-fast in the process.

So never mind the politics, the good news is that the DH season is nearly open for session once again.

See you puzzlers out on the track.
3/3/2019 8:20am
iceman2058 wrote:
Some new sponsors and official nomination of COACH PEATY for The Syndicate: [b]Press Release: Santa Cruz Bicycles[/b] Santa Cruz Syndicate return to the campaign trail for...
Some new sponsors and official nomination of COACH PEATY for The Syndicate:

Press Release: Santa Cruz Bicycles

Santa Cruz Syndicate return to the campaign trail for 2019 with Greg Minnaar (RSA), Luca Shaw (USA) and Loris Vergier (FRA) all voting Remain, while Steve Peat (GBR) is appointed Head Coach and Speaker of the House.

“We break down walls, not build them” explains Rob Roskopp, Team Director come President. “Despite such a well known group of riders, our policy is to keep the team as relatable as we can. It’s the motivation behind doing the web series, and the reason our approach to pit set-up is more privateer than private party. First testing for 2019 starts next week and I’m already getting revved up about the season. With the World Cup returning to the Les Gets / Morzine area and the Worlds in Mont Sainte Anne, it’s shaping up to be one of those classic years.”

Kathy Sessler continues her role as Chief Whip, while mechanics Doug Hatfield, Jason Marsh and PA Roche resume their V10 spin doctoring

Burgtec have officially joined the party now too, and will deliver bars, stems and seatposts in whatever myriad of sizes Greg is convinced he needs. They will also be co-developing grips with Minnaar and Vergier as the season unfolds.

Crank Brothers continue to ensure the riders keep their mettle to the pedals in all conditions and fi'zi:k has their back with a series of custom saddles.

Chris King deliver their touch of precision to hubs, headsets and espressos while Clif handles nutritional duties once again. And in the background, WD-40 will ensure everything’s running slicker than a Russian Facebook campaign

Two of the newest developments in camp Syndicate are the arrival of N12 Technologies and Silverstone Paint Technologies.

N12 Technologies, based out of Massachusetts USA, deliver advanced nanomaterials to our composite engineers, enabling them to create exceptionally high performing Reserve wheels. The project is still a little hush hush, but we’ll be doing a more in depth feature soon so stay tuned!

Silverstone Paint Technologies (SPT), from the UK, are the pioneering company behind much of the best paint jobs you see on the F1 circuit. Using the latest in materials and finishing techniques SPT will be custom painting Syndicate V10s to shave yet more weight from the design and look F1-fast in the process.

So never mind the politics, the good news is that the DH season is nearly open for session once again.

See you puzzlers out on the track.
Visit beautiful Hollywood, Yugoslavia.

Big Bird
3/5/2019 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 3:08pm
Nice find Bro. No What's his name that failed the drug test listed on Spec. Sorry my memory is bad. Rude Bwoi Ritchey!
sspomer
3/5/2019 3:23pm
Verbl Kint wrote:
https://www.enduroworldseries.com/news/1265-2019-ews-teams-revealed-her…

Straight from the horse's mouth! Here's the official team lists for the 2019 Enduro World Series.
nice! i've made this its own forum thread w/ all the info listed. this team rumor thread is getting slightly lengthy haha

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/List-of-2019-Enduro-World-Ser…
danposs86
3/6/2019 1:01am
Big Bird wrote:
Nice find Bro. No What's his name that failed the drug test listed on Spec. Sorry my memory is bad. Rude Bwoi Ritchey!
Richie Rude is listed as riding for Yeti. Jared Graves is listed under Specialized, but says he is unlikely to make an appearance due to his cancer treatment.
porson
3/6/2019 2:08am
Vid Peršak (Orbea Enduro Team) is fast Wink

Verbl Kint
3/8/2019 4:47am
As expected, Aaron also lets go of his KTM's and moves over to Honda. Check previous pages if you want to know why.

tmano2
3/8/2019 6:32am
Luca Shaw too, are they maybe sponsoring the SC Team?
GA902
3/8/2019 6:32am
Verbl Kint wrote:
As expected, Aaron also lets go of his KTM's and moves over to Honda. Check previous pages if you want to know why. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/03/08/7797/s1200_Screenshot_20190307_142741_Instagram.jpg[/img]
As expected, Aaron also lets go of his KTM's and moves over to Honda. Check previous pages if you want to know why.

Can you give us the cliff notes? I'm assuming it is because of Jeff Majkrzak?
danposs86
3/8/2019 7:53am
tmano2 wrote:
Luca Shaw too, are they maybe sponsoring the SC Team? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/03/08/7802/s1200_Sem_T_tulo.jpg[/img]
It was announced at the start of Feb that Luca Shaw was with Monster
Verbl Kint
3/11/2019 1:40am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2019 1:43am
GA902 wrote:
Can you give us the cliff notes? I'm assuming it is because of Jeff Majkrzak?
Most definitely. Intense restructured and brought in new investors, which includes Team Geico Honda co-owner Jeff Majkrzak
Kira88
3/11/2019 8:09am
tmano2 wrote:
Luca Shaw too, are they maybe sponsoring the SC Team? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/03/08/7802/s1200_Sem_T_tulo.jpg[/img]
danposs86 wrote:
It was announced at the start of Feb that Luca Shaw was with Monster
Interesting. I ride a bike only in the city, but I admire the athletes

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest