78 of 94
Create New Tag
krabo83
1/23/2019 12:26 AM
Holditflat_mitch wrote:

And here I was thinking ...more

i think tld is pushing their adidas colab as brendog is also riding that kit at the moment. and i think gwin‘s looks kinda like the tld one he wore at specialized.

qblambda
1/23/2019 12:30 AM
metadave wrote:

Not sure if anyone else ...more

I hope graphic designers won't read that, they might have a heart attack.

Shawn_Trudell
1/23/2019 12:42 AM
Holditflat_mitch wrote:

And here I was thinking ...more

Not a fan if the Adidas kit. I'm sure most will love it though.

Verbl Kint
1/23/2019 12:48 AM
Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Not a fan if the Adidas ...more

The old Hans Rey Adidas stuff was mint; near impossible to find, though.

+ + +

Back on topic: not surprised with the Gwintense reveal but very surprised that the Intense press release happened at about 2am EST in the US.

casey79
1/23/2019 1:05 AM
Verbl Kint wrote:

The old Hans Rey Adidas ...more

It was 7pm in Australia & 9am in Europe.

However I don't think a 2am PR release was planned & feel the Pinkbike leak twisted the Intense arm.

Nico_Hrndz
1/23/2019 1:09 AM

Gwintense PR on PB clearly stands that Whiteley sticks with the YT mob: so who'll be on that train alongside Suarez?

Edit: not PB but Vital itw - thx Iceman for correcting

26 ain't dead. Yet. Please?

Darth_Sloth
1/23/2019 1:13 AM

Looks like Gwin will be the team owner too!

“As a rider and team owner, I’m excited to run such a legendary race program.”

parnifel
1/23/2019 1:32 AM

...did anyone notice the AGC logo on the Kenda Tire? Might also be Gwins Pro Model...

bigguns8431
1/23/2019 1:49 AM

Posted on Gees page

Axon31

iceman2058
1/23/2019 1:49 AM
casey79 wrote:

It was 7pm in Australia ...more

No, we were sent the PR yesterday, and the embargo time was always 12h01 am PST.

iceman2058
1/23/2019 1:51 AM
parnifel wrote:

...did anyone notice the ...more

It's Kenda's "Advanced Gravity Casing".

iceman2058
1/23/2019 1:59 AM
Nico_Hrndz wrote:

Gwintense PR on PB clearly ...more

The PR from Intense did not state that, not on PB and not anywhere else. It was stated in the exclusive VITAL interview on this here very website... #fairdues

enej_46
1/23/2019 1:59 AM
bigguns8431 wrote:

Posted on Gees page

The're riding the Sessions in that story. Maybe a late edit?

Greenedog
1/23/2019 2:57 AM
dmcd38 wrote:

now, the only remaining ...more

bartman wrote:

Not just the only ones ...more

Still waiting on....

Athertons
Phil Atwell
Dakota North
Anneke Beerten

???

iceman2058
1/23/2019 3:06 AM
Greenedog wrote:

Still waiting on....

...more

And the YT Mob. We knew Angel was still on, and now we know that Martin Whiteley is still running the team. Remains to be seen who will be the other riders.

jimmypop
1/23/2019 3:14 AM

Gwin with an ownership stake, called it. Hope he has a good financial advisor. Poor dude had to carry some of the team (and maybe brand?) risk just to race this year. Doesn't sound ideal.

clem-mk
1/23/2019 3:17 AM
dmcd38 wrote:

now, the only remaining ...more

bartman wrote:

Greenedog wrote:

Still waiting on....

...more

Atwill => cube

Maxipedia
1/23/2019 3:54 AM
fclinder wrote:

Not 100% all true. I will ...more

Yep, Maxxis did a great job bringing quality tires to everybody, but the truth is that the High Roller, Minion DHR and Minion DHF were nothing but rip-offs of Michelin's Comp 16, 24 and 32 with some tweaks here and there. The Comp 24 actually goes WAY back, starting life as the Transalp, then being offered as the Hot S with Silica Compound and noticeably red. I believe the WildGripper DH soft 2.2 was also very similar to the Transalp tread-pattern. Michelins were highly sought-after at the beginning of the 2000's until the middle of the decade, but they were discontinued, because Michelin had manufacturing facilities only in Europe and working on their China bicycle tire plant. I remember an official statement of them saying they couldn't compete price-wise with what the competition had to offer. I am very glad they are back. Hope Good Year steps up to sponsoring a WC team in the near future too.

Regarding tires and #Gwintense, isn't it possible that Kenda was more financially potent than Onza and the money they probably brought on board did make a difference? Also, Gwin has done a very good job of lifting lesser known brands, like TRP, YT and Onza, to stardom, so it makes a lot of sense that Kenda wants to take advantage of that. They are a big player, but they don't have the recognition as one. Haven't ridden the Hellkat, but everybody I know who does raves about it, saying it's one of the best out there.

Now back to TEAM Rumors, like the man I quote says!

bartman
1/23/2019 4:26 AM
bartman wrote:

Greenedog wrote:

Still waiting on....

...more

iceman2058 wrote:

And the YT Mob. We knew ...more

Yep...still time for some more Team Rumors rather than bike or tyre rumors

Verbl Kint
1/23/2019 5:07 AM
jimmypop wrote:

Gwin with an ownership ...more

This one looks like it'll be for keeps. I potentially see AG retiring from racing many years from now but still be on Intense.

I actually think this is a very bold but still very smart move. It ensures a good future for him even after he hangs his helmet.

depeche4
1/23/2019 5:19 AM
jimmypop wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

This one looks like it'll ...more

That is if the brand does not continue to have financial issues. In the PB article, Jeff stated that they have had to restructure 3 of the past 4 years. That is not good for any company.

jimmypop
1/23/2019 5:21 AM
jimmypop wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

I see what you're saying, but this seems like a significant risk. If he only has a stake in the team, that's one thing. If he has a stake in a troubled brand, though, that's a much higher risk to acknowledge and accept.

Maxipedia
1/23/2019 5:26 AM
Verbl Kint wrote:

I am not sure I have read anything about Gwin having ownership in anything else except the TEAM. Am I wrong? And, by the way, who are the owners of Intense as of right now, percentage-wise? Does Jeff still own a slice or is he just CEO and mastermind? Cheers!

That-Norco-Dude
1/23/2019 5:39 AM
Greenedog wrote:

Still waiting on....

...more

Dak still has 1 or 2 years left with devinci. This was settled.

metadave
1/23/2019 6:17 AM

Wait... What?? I didn't see this intense team coming at all

Hollywood Gainey
1/23/2019 6:32 AM

Curious why they announce so early a.m. in regards to thier local time.

@jason_gainey

MPH24
1/23/2019 6:46 AM
Hollywood Gainey wrote:

Curious why they announce ...more

It's mid-morning in Europe....

fclinder
1/23/2019 7:12 AM
BetterRide.net wrote:

Loved the Comp 32! Many of ...more

Yah, I won National Champs in 2001 at Mt Snow on the Comp 32 front and rear. The speeds and rocks basically required you to run a high volume tire or you would be replacing rims every other run.

Yes, to the High Roller being a copy of the Comp16. As for the Comp22 (AKA Comp 24), it was its own design that we found ourselves cutting the inner-outer lugs out all the time to help shed Dirt/Mud better. The Comp 24 was a fast rolling tire though.

Enjoy your ride!

Broken_spoke.photo
1/23/2019 7:33 AM
fclinder wrote:

Have ridden and R&D ...more

BetterRide.net wrote:

Loved the Comp 32! Many of ...more

fclinder wrote:

Yah, I won National Champs ...more

Can we get back to TEAM Rumors please? If you want to start arguing about the benefits of .01% of tire durometers, start a new thread.

OK End rant...

Gopro looks to be trying to re-invigorate their users. Maybe title sponsoring a DH team will add some fuel to their smoldering fire.

2018 Specialized Enduro Elite frame with custom components
2016 Haro FLC pro 29 featherweight

danposs86
1/23/2019 7:48 AM
Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

Can we get back to TEAM ...more

It would explain why it looks like they may get the first word for the Athertons.

78 of 94

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry