2019 Racing Rumors

12/15/2018 4:07pm
Maybe two Canyon squads? Canyon runs SRAM/RockShox gear and Mavic wheels on their team and the Athertons have long been with Fox and Shimano...Maybe they will...
Maybe two Canyon squads? Canyon runs SRAM/RockShox gear and Mavic wheels on their team and the Athertons have long been with Fox and Shimano...Maybe they will just be Sponsored for frames and have their own sponsors for the other stuff...
And also, are they really off Hope components? because since Brayton is rumored to go to Nukeproof, that could mean that they could get a similar deal has he had until 2018...

They could try to do the same as Gwin did when he started the YT MOB...Canyon frame, Hope components and wheels, maybe stay with Fox for suspension or maybe go with Ohlins, or DVO (since giant is rumored to go with Fox for next season)....

Mablung wrote:
Yeah, Athertons off of Hope for sure, there is buzz that they both have a beef with eachother. Nobody that knows will say exactly how it...
Yeah, Athertons off of Hope for sure, there is buzz that they both have a beef with eachother. Nobody that knows will say exactly how it started or whose fault, but no matter... Hope is off the A train. I cannot see Athertons not being Fox though, no way. Drivetrain wise... its all up for grabs in my opinion. Canyon looks to be a good ride, Id like to see that happen with the Athertons.
Rachel skipped out being at an all women's Enduro race that Hope Puts on. Same day someone spotted her riding her bike.... Thats how the story...
Rachel skipped out being at an all women's Enduro race that Hope Puts on. Same day someone spotted her riding her bike.... Thats how the story has been explained to me.
Still...I always thought Hope should've sponsor a bigger team. Even though they're already recognized for being one of the best components and frame manufacturers and don't really need the advertisement of a important DH team to support that, I felt that their sponsoring of the Athertons was good for them. I wonder if they're still thinking of sponsoring another big team in the WC circuit...
I also think this would be a logic thing to do, since, over the last couple of seasons, many other brands are coming in the market with good components and showing that by sponsoring WC teams (Ohlins, DVO, Formula, TRP, Onza, Kenda, Magura...etc). And I know they always sponsored with Adam Brayton and, before, also with Craig Evans in their WC DH exploits, but it never really had the impact of a real big team, like it would have had if they kept sponsoring the Athertons.
mlr42881
12/15/2018 7:22pm
Hard to not notice Rachel Atherton liking Norco posts from the last few weeks on IG.
krabo83
12/15/2018 11:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/15/2018 11:55pm
mlr42881 wrote:
Hard to not notice Rachel Atherton liking Norco posts from the last few weeks on IG.
by now i think most of the riders are just messing with us by liking every mtb related post on instagram. only a few more weeks guys until the contracts are officially over and we should get some clarifications Smile
Maxipedia
12/16/2018 12:20am
I don't understand how Brayton is off Hope ”for sure”. I believe he also keeps doing his thing and Nukeproof only provide frames and what not.

Also, I understand that, besides the Rachel skipping an event thing, there was bad blood boiling already? Regarding Hope going bigger, does anyone still remember how small of a company Hope actually is? I believe it'sgreat that they are doing the kind of support they already do!
12/16/2018 12:48am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2018 12:50am
He meant Athertons off Hope for sure.

(At least that is how I read it)
12/16/2018 3:19am
mlr42881 wrote:
krabo83 wrote:
by now i think most of the riders are just messing with us by liking every mtb related post on instagram. only a few more weeks...
by now i think most of the riders are just messing with us by liking every mtb related post on instagram. only a few more weeks guys until the contracts are officially over and we should get some clarifications Smile
Well, if they would like maintain most of their sponsors and switch frames, the logic step would be going to Cube. They have more or less te same sponsors as the athertons have now.
Norco and Canyon run more SRAM and RockShox stuff.
Maxipedia
12/16/2018 4:50am
He was hinting at this before on IG, as far as I can remember. Smile
steveperry
12/16/2018 3:54pm

Is this the new Intense Ebike in the background. Caught this on AG’s IG the other day. Not so good with knowing who people are... thoughts
mfoga
12/16/2018 4:40pm
Could be someone from intense that he know riding. The intense employees and Gwin frequent the same trail system.
danposs86
12/17/2018 2:28am
steveperry wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/16/7111/s1200_AEFA08CF_A668_4985_AB4A_2C01F21A4083.jpg[/img] Is this the new Intense Ebike in the background. Caught this on AG’s IG the other day. Not so good with knowing who people are...

Is this the new Intense Ebike in the background. Caught this on AG’s IG the other day. Not so good with knowing who people are... thoughts
There is also a Commencal in the video. He is allowed to ride with people who use other brands for their bikes.

(Although Intense is looking like the next bike for Gwin haha Tongue )
mtbrealtalk
12/17/2018 3:27am
Andrew Shandro's kid makes up a third of a Factory Team for next year too. Shouldn't too hard to guess which.

Also, Brayton won't be on Nukeproof Trail bikes...
12/17/2018 8:36am
Andrew Shandro's kid makes up a third of a Factory Team for next year too. Shouldn't too hard to guess which. Also, Brayton won't be on...
Andrew Shandro's kid makes up a third of a Factory Team for next year too. Shouldn't too hard to guess which.

^^ you definitely know things
Maxipedia
12/17/2018 8:59am
Andrew Shandro's kid makes up a third of a Factory Team for next year too. Shouldn't too hard to guess which. Also, Brayton won't be on...

Interesting! Smile

I guess it would be a bit redundant for Nukeproof to push a trail bike upon Brayton (if the news regarding their connection is true and it probably is), when they have the reigning EWS champ rocking one. Plus Brayton can stay close to Hope and ride one of the most exclusive trail bikes out there. Everybody wins, hurray! :D
12/17/2018 9:47am
sunkidh wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/16/7109/s1200_Screenshot_20181216_172053.jpg[/img] ?

?
Damn, they are teasing us..

metadave
12/17/2018 10:51am
Damn, they are teasing us.. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/17/7113/s1200_Screenshot_20181217_184508.jpg[/img]
Damn, they are teasing us..

Oh I'm sure this thread gets passed around a table or two over a few beers and a few laughs/head shakes are had while they figure out ways to mess with people who are taking it too seriously.
12/17/2018 10:18pm
thegromit wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/17/7128/s1200_IMG_5214.jpg[/img]

If Rat is making a team with Cannondale is possible for Marco riding for Transition .
12/18/2018 3:08am
It's official! Brayton on Nukeproof for 2019!

Last year we’re not going to lie, despite the success of the team we did miss a full-time presence in the Downhill World Cup. So, we’re stoked to announce that Nukeproof will support Adam Brayton as a frame sponsor for his and Hope Factory Racing’s assault on the UCI Downhill World Cup for 2019.

Adam is an awesome addition to the Nukeproof team as the reigning British Downhill Champion with proven history of results, numerous top 10 World Cup results (including a podium in Fort William, 2016) and represented Great Britain at the past two Downhill World Championships. His awesome attitude and ride style is a perfect fit for Nukeproof and we look forward to working with him.

For 2019 we will be working closely with Adam to continue the development of a new downhill platform, in anticipation of a 2019 release. Adam has been very positive on the current mule prototype he is using. Straight out the box the new concept has proved competitive already winning in the hands of Sam Hill at the Garbanzo Downhill at Crankworx.

Adam will continue with the Hope Factory Racing team and represent a full range of Hope components with support from Ohlin’s suspension and Maxxis tyres.

From Adam:

“GastoFlat is NukeProof! I’ve already spent a lot of time on the prototype Nukeproof and I’m excited! It’s nice that me and Meg won’t have to hide testing frames anymore. The “dad bod” has gone and we’ll be coming out swinging come 2019.”

We also super proud to introducing Meg Whyte to the team. Meg, a winner in UK Enduro and Downhill will be competing again in both disciplines, as well as heading to select European races (once they have converted their new van!). Hailing from her home in North Wales, she is a great ambassador for Nukeproof and we’re excited to work with her in 2019.

She’s already customising, you wouldn’t miss her on the trails on her fresh decaled Blueberry and Pink Nukeproof Mega 275c.

From Meg:

“Looking forward to lots of adventures with Ad and the team aboard my Mega! Like a shark to water!.. I've never felt so comfortable on a bike so quickly. Huge thanks to Nukeproof for giving me the opportunity. Bring on 2019!”
12/18/2018 3:56am

New bike already there!

Also the guy behind Crema cycles is heavily involved with ENVE (distributing?) And he seems to be at the Commencal training camp. Commie on ENVE next year seems likely after the Chris King link with the Commencal team for next year already mentioned.

12/18/2018 4:54am
Myriam is also on a Bell helmet as opposed to the IXS she and the Commencal team had this year...
12/18/2018 8:47am
Looks like a YT Tues or could just be the Commencal Furious, but the shock mount seems to low.
lister_yu
12/18/2018 8:54am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2018 8:55am
metadave wrote:
Oh I'm sure this thread gets passed around a table or two over a few beers and a few laughs/head shakes are had while they figure...
Oh I'm sure this thread gets passed around a table or two over a few beers and a few laughs/head shakes are had while they figure out ways to mess with people who are taking it too seriously.
@metadave

was working with a wc team on two occasions in 2016 & 2017 and they definitly have a good laugh with it Smile
krabo83
12/18/2018 9:23am
Looks like a YT Tues or could just be the Commencal Furious, but the shock mount seems to low. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/18/7134/s1200_2FF52D4C_12FD_47C5_9C57_181DD178258C.jpg[/img]
Looks like a YT Tues or could just be the Commencal Furious, but the shock mount seems to low.
looks to me just like the supreme they where riding last couple seasons. they are just messing with us!!
12/18/2018 9:26am
Looks like a YT Tues or could just be the Commencal Furious, but the shock mount seems to low. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/18/7134/s1200_2FF52D4C_12FD_47C5_9C57_181DD178258C.jpg[/img]
krabo83 wrote:
looks to me just like the supreme they where riding last couple seasons. they are just messing with us!!
Yeah now that you say that they probably are

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest