2019 Racing Rumors

pohsoonteng
12/11/2018 10:05pm
ardor wrote:
What about female riders?
t.odd wrote:
money on you hearing what I've heard, AJ! not sure that's really a replacement for Aggy though??
ardor wrote:
Yeah. I never thought that was the case, but from what's being pushed about here, perhaps?
didnt brendawg already confirmed to have resigned with Scott?
12/11/2018 11:23pm
baronKanon wrote:
Why on earth does SR Suntour (title) sponsor a team not using their rear shock?
It could be that they don’t make anything that fits, iirc i saw a review somewhere that the new Scott bike uses a very proprietary shock. I can’t remember if it was the dimensions, stroke or tune (or all) that made it a funky fit. ...or that their current stuff isn’t that good?? Either way they probably have something in development that the pro riders are helping dial in with their feedback. Usually how those things go, a-la Gwin with TRP and Onza.
EasMTB
12/12/2018 5:16am
Good News...Mitas Tires joint to Mercedes-Benz to sponsor MTB World Cup and Championships!

12/12/2018 5:31am
baronKanon wrote:
It could be that they don’t make anything that fits, iirc i saw a review somewhere that the new Scott bike uses a very proprietary shock...
It could be that they don’t make anything that fits, iirc i saw a review somewhere that the new Scott bike uses a very proprietary shock. I can’t remember if it was the dimensions, stroke or tune (or all) that made it a funky fit. ...or that their current stuff isn’t that good?? Either way they probably have something in development that the pro riders are helping dial in with their feedback. Usually how those things go, a-la Gwin with TRP and Onza.
Last year at Enduro Jura I witenessed Remy finishing the race with a blew up rear shock and it was a SR Suntour. Now maybe it has to do with the special setup or maybe they decided that ruining race results because of unreliable shocks was not an option anymore.
12/12/2018 6:18am
baronKanon wrote:
It could be that they don’t make anything that fits, iirc i saw a review somewhere that the new Scott bike uses a very proprietary shock...
Last year at Enduro Jura I witenessed Remy finishing the race with a blew up rear shock and it was a SR Suntour. Now maybe it...
Last year at Enduro Jura I witenessed Remy finishing the race with a blew up rear shock and it was a SR Suntour. Now maybe it has to do with the special setup or maybe they decided that ruining race results because of unreliable shocks was not an option anymore.
Rey Metalier? Isn't he on DVO? like the green guys?
Fox=orange
Rockshox=red
DVO=green
Primoz
12/12/2018 8:08am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 8:37am
baronKanon wrote:
I think, at least concerning Geniuses, it's just the NUDE nature of the shock with the dual chamber arrangement and remote lockout and the like, that's what makes it special. There was a bike of the day here on Vital (at least i think so...) where the guy put on a Super Deluxe on a Genius.

On the other hand Nino Schurter, who is sponsored by Sram of all companies (creators of the metric and by extension trunnion standard as well) rides a FOX rear shock with no stickers. It is a Spark in that case, but still. Strange.

EDIT: Remy was running a Super Deluxe in Chile. Found the info on Pinkbike. There was also a 900 tuned bike check here on Vital that now returns a 500 error, but Google still serves pictures of the bike with a Super Deluxe.

Must be a PITA to adjust the shock though :D
12/12/2018 8:26am
Looks like Greg Minnaar has a new sponsorship deal with a hair clipper company :lol: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/09/7051/s1200_Untitled.jpg[/img]
Looks like Greg Minnaar has a new sponsorship deal with a hair clipper company Grinning

Big Bird wrote:
The Bowl Cut is back! I've been waiting decades for this!

TamiJean
12/12/2018 11:20am
Can you link that video please?
Can you link that video please?
Anneke video. No mention of Alchemy, says her favorite bike is 'coming'. And he says he's very interested to see where she ends up. She says...
Anneke video. No mention of Alchemy, says her favorite bike is 'coming'. And he says he's very interested to see where she ends up. She says "Me Too". So def not on Alchemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DABtP3W0Eo&feature=youtu.be&t=1506
A little Google Translate suggests in her latest post that she borrowed it from an LBS and sits without a sponsor.
turkey7
12/12/2018 1:24pm
Brayton spotted on a nukeproof trail bike.

Athertons to cube
Jakers
12/12/2018 2:17pm
sickmick83 was at cannonball but didn't race (or didn't finish)... anyone hear a rumor?
12/12/2018 2:37pm
Anneke video. No mention of Alchemy, says her favorite bike is 'coming'. And he says he's very interested to see where she ends up. She says...
Anneke video. No mention of Alchemy, says her favorite bike is 'coming'. And he says he's very interested to see where she ends up. She says "Me Too". So def not on Alchemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DABtP3W0Eo&feature=youtu.be&t=1506
TamiJean wrote:
A little Google Translate suggests in her latest post that she borrowed it from an LBS and sits without a sponsor.
Yea, that's kind of the sense I got as well--Don't think she's with Specialized.
I suppose it's possible but seems doubtful.
She does have a possible connection to YT via Richie so maybe we'd see her on YT bikes and she can put together her own program. Oakley, Alpinestars, YT, SRAM/RockShox. But I doubt a program like that could get her more than gear + money to travel to some of the EWS.
turkey7
12/13/2018 2:15am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2018 2:17am
turkey7 wrote:

Athertons to cube
Completely forgot cube even existed, What about Metalllier then?
Metailler isn't on the world cup roster

I've got this info on good authority
12/13/2018 5:44am
turkey7 wrote:

Athertons to cube
Completely forgot cube even existed, What about Metalllier then?
Metallier isn’t on the Cube World Cup team, I’d expect if they took on the Atherton it would be as it is now for him i.e. he would be completely separate.

Cube is an interesting thought though, Gee has been hanging out with Greg Calllaghan the last couple of seasons, so maybe there’s a link?
rugbyred
12/13/2018 7:49am
tlax88 wrote:
Here's a shot in the dark...Brendog. A racer who is more known for style and personality and willing to compete in other competitions as well. Besides...
Here's a shot in the dark...Brendog. A racer who is more known for style and personality and willing to compete in other competitions as well. Besides that, he has a huge potential in videos/movies.

Let Connor try to win the races but also have Brendan come in to help push Connor's racing abilities and possibly give him some solid insight on some things that he might be missing being the only downhill racer in their lineup for quite a while.
ardor wrote:
What about female riders?
t.odd wrote:
money on you hearing what I've heard, AJ! not sure that's really a replacement for Aggy though??
Agreed. The rider is a racer and not a freeride rider.
Primoz
12/13/2018 8:15am
Can we focus on the girl in the deanos IG post? Tongue
matmattmatthew
12/13/2018 9:31am
Gwin on Intense, with some kind of stake/ownership in the company as part of his compensation.
Sesame Seed
12/13/2018 9:58am
Richie Rude to Xerox Corp. and Wurlitzer Music.

...starts training with reproductive organs next month, moving on after doping.

pdon
12/13/2018 10:07am
The Reece Wilson to Trek thing seems to be gaining some steam on la bicicleta rosado.

It would seem to me if Trek does indeed part ways with the Athertons, they probably have another rider up their sleeve. Swapping the Athertons for Reece Wilson doesn't seem worth it for such a big company. I bet there is another shoe to drop.

Pykes
12/13/2018 12:48pm
Anyone know about Phil Atwil? If he is leaving dirt propane id like to see him on a nice deal (not Cube) He's a quality rider
12/13/2018 1:23pm
Another thing to consider with Gwin moving to Intense...
-He obviously will only be racing on a 29er and Intense's is said to be quite good.
-Company in his backyard, able to fab and test stuff quickly for him, which is important because:
-In the YT DH Bike ver 2.0 release videos Gwin said that there were some other 'radical' (high pivot point?) suspension layouts they talked about but he wanted to keep it simple and the same (also to speed up development time).But this was BEFORE the Commencal high pivot bike started bitch-slapping the field. I'm sure Jeff could whip up some high pivot idler M1s for Gwin to try very quickly--as in already, if he did actually sign with them.

12/13/2018 1:44pm
Another thing to consider with Gwin moving to Intense... -He obviously will only be racing on a 29er and Intense's is said to be quite good...
Another thing to consider with Gwin moving to Intense...
-He obviously will only be racing on a 29er and Intense's is said to be quite good.
-Company in his backyard, able to fab and test stuff quickly for him, which is important because:
-In the YT DH Bike ver 2.0 release videos Gwin said that there were some other 'radical' (high pivot point?) suspension layouts they talked about but he wanted to keep it simple and the same (also to speed up development time).But this was BEFORE the Commencal high pivot bike started bitch-slapping the field. I'm sure Jeff could whip up some high pivot idler M1s for Gwin to try very quickly--as in already, if he did actually sign with them.

Or win being the beast he is, slap the Commencals back with the VPP on the M29.
Oz_Taylor
12/13/2018 2:05pm
pdon wrote:
The Reece Wilson to Trek thing seems to be gaining some steam on la bicicleta rosado. It would seem to me if Trek does indeed part...
The Reece Wilson to Trek thing seems to be gaining some steam on la bicicleta rosado.

It would seem to me if Trek does indeed part ways with the Athertons, they probably have another rider up their sleeve. Swapping the Athertons for Reece Wilson doesn't seem worth it for such a big company. I bet there is another shoe to drop.

Kade and Reece. Not sure who else they would need. Maybe a female rider?
pdon
12/13/2018 2:18pm
Oz_Taylor wrote:
Yeah, I suppose your right. A lot of potential between those two.

I am sure rolling with a couple up and coming riders is a lot cheaper than opening up the checkbook for some established top 5 type racer.
12/13/2018 2:52pm
pdon wrote:
The Reece Wilson to Trek thing seems to be gaining some steam on la bicicleta rosado. It would seem to me if Trek does indeed part...

Oz_Taylor wrote:
they still have Charlie Hatton who's no slouch on a bike in anyway.

Wilson, Hatton and Edwards is a pretty solid young team with a huge ceiling.

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest