2019 Racing Rumors

12/6/2018 11:34am
How did the Marin rumor start? There's been so much in defense of it, is it based on any kind of actual evidence? Just curious as...
How did the Marin rumor start? There's been so much in defense of it, is it based on any kind of actual evidence? Just curious as the idea of DH riders with such pedigree as the Athertons going to a brand that currently doesn't even have a DH bike is pretty wild.
Definitely started by somebody looking to get us off the trail of their Aurums. The Marin definitely does have enough High Speed Pivot points for them, Especially with the lack of a third jockey wheel.
TamiJean
12/6/2018 1:15pm
On Richies latest Story he was offloading some Yeti Kit. Could be nothing or could be something.
12/6/2018 8:05pm
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Kate Courtney doesn't have the specialized logo on her World Champs jersey. Could be something, Could be nothing...
12/6/2018 8:39pm
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Kate Courtney doesn't have the specialized logo on her World Champs jersey. Could be something, Could be nothing...
Nah she's got both. If you look at other photos you will see just the rainbow jersey in some and the specialized rainbow jersey in others. She only follows specialized and Scott bikes so I'm sure its safe to assume come the new year we will see an announcement.
bikertom
12/6/2018 10:43pm
In XC circles it’s a known ‘fact’ that she’s going to Scott. No announcement yet but Annika Langvad is confirmed for 2019 Kate is not, so it might be true. Personally, I think it’s a huge mistake from Specialized to let her go...
jimmypop
12/7/2018 5:32am
With Jenny Rissveds focusing on getting well, I'm sure they could offer KC a very attractive contract.
Primoz
12/7/2018 12:32pm
I need that bike.

Regarding Kate, could they be waiting to see out the Fast Life series before making an announcement? Or the new year, whichever comes later.
steveperry
12/7/2018 12:34pm
Is this a printed bike? I know Pole is into the sustainability aspects of aluminum ... the shot on instagram looks like the bike is printed not formed alu tubes?
steveperry
12/7/2018 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 12:44pm
bikertom wrote:
In XC circles it’s a known ‘fact’ that she’s going to Scott. No announcement yet but Annika Langvad is confirmed for 2019 Kate is not, so...
In XC circles it’s a known ‘fact’ that she’s going to Scott. No announcement yet but Annika Langvad is confirmed for 2019 Kate is not, so it might be true. Personally, I think it’s a huge mistake from Specialized to let her go...
I thought the Kate move was confirmed by Kate...which is why I have been confused by the Fast Life series with Finn. Seems like those have come out rather frequently for what most mtb series are typically released.

Edit: maybe not. Can’t find where I thought I saw it.
12/7/2018 12:45pm
steveperry wrote:
Is this a printed bike? I know Pole is into the sustainability aspects of aluminum ... the shot on instagram looks like the bike is printed...
Is this a printed bike? I know Pole is into the sustainability aspects of aluminum ... the shot on instagram looks like the bike is printed not formed alu tubes?
CNC'd halves bonded and bolted together. Using 7075 aluminium, which is stiffer than 6000 of 7005, but cannot be welded. Awesome concept enabling carbon-like control over where the material is put, with high tolerances. In addition, there are possibilities for alterations as required, as they are not bound by molds. Want a Machine myself, but it is unfortunately priced like a premium carbon frame, which I am not too happy about forking out. The geometry is awesome, as I have an Evolink (normal welded, similar geo) myself. Leigh Johnson had some great results on his Machine the last season.
bikertom
12/7/2018 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 12:53pm
steveperry wrote:
I thought the Kate move was confirmed by Kate...which is why I have been confused by the Fast Life series with Finn. Seems like those have...
I thought the Kate move was confirmed by Kate...which is why I have been confused by the Fast Life series with Finn. Seems like those have come out rather frequently for what most mtb series are typically released.

Edit: maybe not. Can’t find where I thought I saw it.
I don't know, I haven't read/heard from her I was just listening to some podcast.

Redbull pushed the Fast Life out at once on Redbull TV but strangely, they are just putting them on their YouTube channel one by one. They uploaded the 6th episode today but I watched all seven over a month ago. Smile
BJobs69
12/7/2018 1:02pm
Levizbrown wrote:
Rachel’s all over Instagram w the polygon team
C1audio wrote:
Yup, also with Sam Pilgrim. Rachel to Haibike?!
Athertons will be on Merida. A new DH Bike will be built.
bikertom
12/7/2018 1:06pm
Primoz wrote:
I need that bike. Regarding Kate, could they be waiting to see out the Fast Life series before making an announcement? Or the new year, whichever...
I need that bike.

Regarding Kate, could they be waiting to see out the Fast Life series before making an announcement? Or the new year, whichever comes later.
Fast Life series 'ended' at the beginning of November when they posted all episodes at once on Redbull TV

Fast Life Series
12/7/2018 2:30pm
Cannondale and Rocky cutting their EWS teams for 2019.
baronKanon wrote:
have you read earlier posts?
Rocky Mountain signed their RM/RF Canadian special team for two years this year.
As for cannondale, I was watching some older episodes of the Santa Cruz syndicate, and Ratboy had two junior riders following him around during track walk and practice. Something tells me that he and those two will be the new Cannondale free ride/enduro team
bhoops
12/8/2018 1:07am

Based on his hat it seems as though Reece will be wearing a Monster lid next season?
12/8/2018 3:02am
steveperry wrote:
Brook teasing us?!?!? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/12/07/7048/s1200_942F42DA_4E1B_4948_96F4_A74273E4C141.jpg[/img]
Brook teasing us?!?!?

That's Jacks' brother Bruce
12/8/2018 2:50pm
Syndicate on Raceface next year? It could also be someone else’s bike, or that they’re just testing (but this also means 29” DH rims from RF), but Fox own RF and already sponsor the Syndicate so it could make sense...

12/8/2018 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2018 4:00pm
Syndicate on Raceface next year? It could also be someone else’s bike, or that they’re just testing (but this also means 29” DH rims from RF)...
Syndicate on Raceface next year? It could also be someone else’s bike, or that they’re just testing (but this also means 29” DH rims from RF), but Fox own RF and already sponsor the Syndicate so it could make sense...

„The one and only production V10 29 in the world“ as stated in @wearelusty‘s (SCB Australia) post on Instagram.

Do your research!
12/8/2018 4:00pm
Syndicate on Raceface next year? It could also be someone else’s bike, or that they’re just testing (but this also means 29” DH rims from RF)...

Looks like the stock XO1 build from the website.
harm0n20
12/8/2018 6:57pm
Connor Fearon's latest Instagram shows his Operator fitted with some Deity bits. Pretty solid addition to the roster!
12/8/2018 11:53pm
jimmypop wrote:
With Jenny Rissveds focusing on getting well, I'm sure they could offer KC a very attractive contract.
Jenny is trying to put together her own team for 2019. She won this years national championship so she is getting better and better.
12/9/2018 12:43am

Given that the syndicate are the flagship for Santa Cruz, and that Santa Cruz make their own carbon wheels, it’s pretty unlikely that they’ll be using RF wheels.
krabo83
12/9/2018 5:12am

production v10 x01 kit as many before have stated.
12/9/2018 4:13pm
Looks like Greg Minnaar has a new sponsorship deal with a hair clipper company Grinning

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest