2019 Racing Rumors

taldfind
8/15/2018 9:40am
Bigburd wrote:
Yeah I completely forgot they already dropped the team, but the hearsay of the DH bike not being made anymore is still quite shocking.
Sam Hill just won the Crankworx Garbanzo DH on a prototype Pulse. I doubt Nukeproof would waste resources on a prototype for a product line they plan to drop.
mfoga
8/15/2018 10:10am
Elipirelli wrote:
Vali Höll to Specialized to join Finn Illes on the team as the future super couple of MTB DH
Did you just set up a 16 year old with a 24 year old?
harorider13
8/15/2018 10:51am
Elipirelli wrote:
Vali Höll to Specialized to join Finn Illes on the team as the future super couple of MTB DH
mfoga wrote:
Did you just set up a 16 year old with a 24 year old?
Finns 19...
TPL Racing
8/15/2018 11:36am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 11:38am
I can see that coming up at a Specialized board meeting. “Everyone welcome Dave from our genetic research department, Dave why don’t you give us an update on the Petri dish to Podium project, are our subjects engaging in colitis” “when can we expect VF.01”
peewho
8/15/2018 11:40am
sspomer wrote:
ok, i probably shouldn't post this, but the athlete figured it's worth the hype and we need to kick things off. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/08/13/6617/s1200_redbullrider.jpg[/img]
ok, i probably shouldn't post this, but the athlete figured it's worth the hype and we need to kick things off.

As a race fan..! and this is pure speculation. i was thinking when in the hell is Amaury Pierron getting his RedBull helmet? Maybe they'll wait until he does the double.... nah..

P"

bb rides
8/15/2018 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 2:36am
Elipirelli wrote:
vali has a contract with YT until she is 19 (she signed a 6 year contract with 13!)
MantaHai
8/15/2018 1:33pm
sspomer wrote:
ok, i probably shouldn't post this, but the athlete figured it's worth the hype and we need to kick things off. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/08/13/6617/s1200_redbullrider.jpg[/img]
ok, i probably shouldn't post this, but the athlete figured it's worth the hype and we need to kick things off.

I would say Aaron Gwin is going back to TLD...

Look at his old helmet:

krabo83
8/15/2018 11:55pm
sspomer wrote:

MantaHai wrote:
I would say Aaron Gwin is going back to TLD... Look at his old helmet: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/08/15/6619/s1200_max_DSC_4120.jpg[/img]

Look at his old helmet:

i think gwin is still under contract with bell. my guess would be luca shaw or maybe jack moir since they are already sponsored by TLD.
metadave
8/16/2018 12:22am
sspomer wrote:

MantaHai wrote:
I would say Aaron Gwin is going back to TLD... Look at his old helmet: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/08/15/6619/s1200_max_DSC_4120.jpg[/img]

Look at his old helmet:

krabo83 wrote:
i think gwin is still under contract with bell. my guess would be luca shaw or maybe jack moir since they are already sponsored by TLD.
Are you guys just totally ignoring the already mentioned and pretty obvious redbull rampage decal on the top middle of the helmet before making these claims and that Moir, Shaw or Gwin are not participating in this particular event?
vweb
8/16/2018 1:38am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 1:43am
MantaHai wrote:

Look at his old helmet:

krabo83 wrote:
metadave wrote:
Are you guys just totally ignoring the already mentioned and pretty obvious redbull rampage decal on the top middle of the helmet before making these claims...
Are you guys just totally ignoring the already mentioned and pretty obvious redbull rampage decal on the top middle of the helmet before making these claims and that Moir, Shaw or Gwin are not participating in this particular event?
So the only three guys who ride Rampage this year, and not being supported by RedBull, Monster or Rockstar are Rémy Metailler, Vinny T and PEF. But PEF rides for Fox (and it seems impossible that he has signed with an energy drink brand), Rémy rides for Fly BUT he can have signed Troy Lee too, and Vinny T... my guess, defo on Vinny T.
Oz_Taylor
8/16/2018 3:24am
Fearon to Commencal?

Sponsors listed as Commencal + Leatt in Air DH results. Strange mistake to make.
sspomer
8/16/2018 9:36am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 9:36am
the new red bull rider is revealed!!!

sorry, i had to. it's team rumors after all and there's nothing worthy of talking about yet.

i couldn't believe they sent me TLD fullface helmet w/ logo etc. it seems like a semenuk replica. it's for display only, size XL, no cheekpads or straps and part of a package to hype up crankworx, rampage and www.redbull.tv

if only they sent me a razor to shave my neck.
sspomer
8/16/2018 9:51am
since sven's down for a bit, maybe he can hide in popular whistler restaurants and eavesdrop on team negotiation discussions.

TamiJean
8/17/2018 2:45pm
Gwin riding Magic Mary's on his mystery black Tues. Either he is switching tires or Onza doesn't quite have molds for a particular wheel size right now.
kwapik
8/17/2018 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2018 3:06pm
TamiJean wrote:
Gwin riding Magic Mary's on his mystery black Tues. Either he is switching tires or Onza doesn't quite have molds for a particular wheel size right...
Gwin riding Magic Mary's on his mystery black Tues. Either he is switching tires or Onza doesn't quite have molds for a particular wheel size right now.
Yeah, I believe the Aquila is only available in 27.5
krabo83
8/17/2018 11:50pm
TamiJean wrote:
Gwin riding Magic Mary's on his mystery black Tues. Either he is switching tires or Onza doesn't quite have molds for a particular wheel size right...
kwapik wrote:
Yeah, I believe the Aquila is only available in 27.5
wonder why he isn't running DHR2s since they are similar to the aquilas and available in 29er.
Big Bird
8/18/2018 7:48am
TamiJean wrote:
But that's not Gwin. I've never seen him that unstylish or in That many pads. And that's not the stealth black Tues. That's a black and grey Tues.
Big Bird
8/18/2018 7:49am
Or are you looking at the tire in the foreground?
Dylan
8/22/2018 1:57am
The Kona team moving on from Kore?

Oz_Taylor
8/22/2018 2:52am
TamiJean wrote:
Obviously Gwin's trying to gain an advantage in Lenderheide...

...by training with the blue Power Ranger.
sspomer
8/22/2018 3:19pm
brendan shopping rides or playing us. courtesy of sven from la bresse today.
DubC
8/23/2018 10:13am
Sounded like a lot of chatter at CWX about team transfers. Here are a few stab in the dark thoughts:

-Gotta figure Thomas Estaque bumped to Commencal Valnord or other top team.

-Scott picks up a heavy hitter and young gun for WC results on the new bike that has been getting teased (Greenland, Moir, Loris?). Brendog can focus on steeze and less on WC results. Maybe kickin' it with ratty and "flying above the smoke" on SCB?

-Specialized / Pure Agency deal continues. Speculation. They seem hard to pin down. Finn's contract is up, right? He's gunna git dat cash from someone.

-Athertons off Trek to ???. Trek brings factory team in house and signs....wait for it, wait for it......Gwin!

-YT goes after some Young Talent. (Could also see Loris or Greenland here). The Gwin / YT colab gave each party what they wanted. Gwin got paid, his fast car, and more $ for the church and YT got validation and WC wins.....and in the end they both finally agree "that was a bit awkward" as Gwin does not fit the YT mold.

-Part of me finds it hard to imagine anyone leaving Mondraker. That bike clearly has good juju. $ might be left on the table just to ride that bike.

-Connor Fearon is up and leaves Kona.

-Intense Factory Racing contracts up? They have some potentially expensive resigns that they wont justify all 3. If Charlie Harrison continues to finish off the season strong, he seems like a good pickup for a team that already has a mega star who can mentor him a bit on that final step to the top.

-Tahnee of Transition sadly and chasing the $....dunno? Canyon? Specialized?
Maxipedia
8/23/2018 10:21am
Can anybody explain why there are so many wink-wink hints at the Rat and 420? I mean, he seems like his head is up in the sky, but if you actually talk to him he is focused and clear-minded. I rode the gondola with him at VdS 2 years ago and he made my day. Very down to earth guy, approachable, thought about the future of the sport, energy drink sponsorships and what not. To me, him quitting DH was a matter of principle, I believe, just like I know Harry Heath's choice was. But if you are laid-back does it mean you are a pothead???

DubC
8/23/2018 10:31am
Maxipedia wrote:
Can anybody explain why there are so many wink-wink hints at the Rat and 420? I mean, he seems like his head is up in the...
Can anybody explain why there are so many wink-wink hints at the Rat and 420? I mean, he seems like his head is up in the sky, but if you actually talk to him he is focused and clear-minded. I rode the gondola with him at VdS 2 years ago and he made my day. Very down to earth guy, approachable, thought about the future of the sport, energy drink sponsorships and what not. To me, him quitting DH was a matter of principle, I believe, just like I know Harry Heath's choice was. But if you are laid-back does it mean you are a pothead???

What is that they say? "Where there is smoke...there is probably fire"

Are you saying that someone cant enjoy a little relaxation and still be a focused, clear-minded, stand-up person? Im not sure why you are inferring those things are mutually exclusive? Just because someone might partake and ride bikes, it doesn't mean they are cowering in a corner being anti-social.

I have huge respect for the Rat. The only thing that takes bigger balls then racing DH at that level, is probably making the decision he did to step away on principal. Watching him and Stevie race and ride are probably my personal WC highlights in the past 10 years.
Maxipedia
8/23/2018 10:57am
DubC wrote:
What is that they say? "Where there is smoke...there is probably fire" Are you saying that someone cant enjoy a little relaxation and still be a...
What is that they say? "Where there is smoke...there is probably fire"

Are you saying that someone cant enjoy a little relaxation and still be a focused, clear-minded, stand-up person? Im not sure why you are inferring those things are mutually exclusive? Just because someone might partake and ride bikes, it doesn't mean they are cowering in a corner being anti-social.

I have huge respect for the Rat. The only thing that takes bigger balls then racing DH at that level, is probably making the decision he did to step away on principal. Watching him and Stevie race and ride are probably my personal WC highlights in the past 10 years.
Mnope, not saying that. Everybody should do whatever the hell they want, if it's not harming anyone else and this obviously is not. Actually, while on this subject I might say that THC being on the banned substance list in sports seems just ridiculous, as I can't see how it can be ”cheating”. But that's another story altogether. I think a lot of people are narrow minded when it comes to this subject and it brings a certain stigma to an individual and that is not deserved in a lot of cases. This is definitely one of them. I walked away from that gondola wearing a huge grin. I already liked Rat, but after talking to him I was sure I talked to a very smart dude with a backbone, a true human being. Seeing him walk away from the scene saddened me, but at the same time I was sure he was doing his thing. And that, as you say, requires balls. It is the same with Harry, although his reasons may vary a bit in nuance. The last time I talked to him he told me how he has lived his dream and how he doesn't think about him as being entitled to leave such a big carbon footprint, if you take into consideration everything that is required to be a pro-racer, plane rides and all. I am sure he is doing well wherever he is right now and I wish him the very very best. Smile

Cheers!
depeche4
8/23/2018 12:10pm
DubC wrote:
Sounded like a lot of chatter at CWX about team transfers. Here are a few stab in the dark thoughts: -Gotta figure Thomas Estaque bumped to...
Sounded like a lot of chatter at CWX about team transfers. Here are a few stab in the dark thoughts:

-Gotta figure Thomas Estaque bumped to Commencal Valnord or other top team.

-Scott picks up a heavy hitter and young gun for WC results on the new bike that has been getting teased (Greenland, Moir, Loris?). Brendog can focus on steeze and less on WC results. Maybe kickin' it with ratty and "flying above the smoke" on SCB?

-Specialized / Pure Agency deal continues. Speculation. They seem hard to pin down. Finn's contract is up, right? He's gunna git dat cash from someone.

-Athertons off Trek to ???. Trek brings factory team in house and signs....wait for it, wait for it......Gwin!

-YT goes after some Young Talent. (Could also see Loris or Greenland here). The Gwin / YT colab gave each party what they wanted. Gwin got paid, his fast car, and more $ for the church and YT got validation and WC wins.....and in the end they both finally agree "that was a bit awkward" as Gwin does not fit the YT mold.

-Part of me finds it hard to imagine anyone leaving Mondraker. That bike clearly has good juju. $ might be left on the table just to ride that bike.

-Connor Fearon is up and leaves Kona.

-Intense Factory Racing contracts up? They have some potentially expensive resigns that they wont justify all 3. If Charlie Harrison continues to finish off the season strong, he seems like a good pickup for a team that already has a mega star who can mentor him a bit on that final step to the top.

-Tahnee of Transition sadly and chasing the $....dunno? Canyon? Specialized?
I thought Fearon had just resigned for 3 more years during the off season, same with Dean Lucas. The Bulldog just signed a 3 year deal with MS so he is not going anywhere. Seems funny that Trek would ditch their Atherton experiment after only 3 years considering the basically folded their whole race team to get them.

FMD has Transition as the frame provider like Pure and Specialized. So if Tahnee leaves Transition everyone does and they just get a new frame (Intense and Devinci before). I would not be surprised if her boyfriend Kade joins FMD next year as he will be first year Elite.

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest