2018 Racing Rumors

Primoz
1/4/2018 10:52am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 10:53am
Ruadrih Cunnigham?
1/4/2018 11:04am
BJobs69 wrote:
Heard that too! Also heard that Buchanan found a new team again and signed with Ibis. 5th team in 5 years..

Could make sense. Based off the second paragraph in this post appears Ibis could be turning over their entire team. Kind of surprising after taking the team title. I wonder who else could join. Was kinda hoping Cody Kelley, but as of his post today that seems to be ruled out.
1/4/2018 11:10am
Robin Wallner has not resigned from Ibis, so they will most probably keep on. Zakka got an offer he couldn't refuse, so that is why he is out.
1/4/2018 12:53pm
Anyone knows what's happening with Rude?
From the way he is talking looks like he is staying with Yeti
But there has been some interaction on Instagram with Norco . Could that mean anything?
1/4/2018 1:01pm
dombarber1 wrote:
Anyone knows what's happening with Rude? From the way he is talking looks like he is staying with Yeti But there has been some interaction on...
But there has been some interaction on Instagram with Norco . Could that mean anything?
Wasn't that because his coach rides Norco?
depeche4
1/4/2018 1:05pm
So Mike is going back to FMD racing, I can see that. Where is George going to go?
1/4/2018 1:33pm
dombarber1 wrote:
Anyone knows what's happening with Rude? From the way he is talking looks like he is staying with Yeti But there has been some interaction on...
baronKanon wrote:
Yep you're right. Todd Schumlick I think he actually owns Norco Factory Racing.
Was a long shot aha. I didn't make the link
1/4/2018 4:14pm
dombarber1 wrote:
baronKanon wrote:
dombarber1 wrote:
Yep you're right. Todd Schumlick I think he actually owns Norco Factory Racing.
Was a long shot aha. I didn't make the link
This was covered several pages back. Richie was in BC for a few days and went on a group ride with Jesse, Finn, MirAnda and others but didn’t have a bike of his own. As stated, he borrowed the norco for the day. Still Yeti, Fox, shimano etc.
obskwr
1/4/2018 8:14pm

George to YT could be a possibility , dayzero is NZs YT "distributor" also nekos mechanic has been interacting with him quite a bit!

Both George and Brook are managed by 23 (Martin)

Also performx_training (Todd schumlick) has been quite active on both brook and George's social media , I believe he works quite closely with Aaron and angel !

It would be a lot of money , but could we be seeing a massive powerhouse team for yt?

Realistically though ... I think we are looking at Brook and George going to mondraker
KB
1/4/2018 8:37pm
Neither of the above for George
depeche4
1/4/2018 8:42pm
Anyone going to be on GT for next year?
rumourz
1/4/2018 9:09pm
GT and Mondraker have two new kiwi racers, who they are who knows
obskwr
1/4/2018 9:25pm
KB wrote:
Neither of the above for George
Come on Kieran leak it ???

1/5/2018 1:53am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2018 1:54am
I'm not convinced Emil was alive in a time when rules were few Laughing

Pretty sweet lineup though.
Maxipedia
1/5/2018 2:07am
Erm, I love punk rock and I love what Mike Redding has done for our sport, but am I the only one here who has the impression that these Fasthouse guys are trying to pretend they have been around for longer than they have actually been? Also, the style on their gear bears a lot of similarities to another very well-known brand, but competition is always healthy. Wink

Anyway, cool team and I wish them the best of luck in their endeavours! Smile
harwox
1/5/2018 2:14am
Danny to Saracen confirmed over on pb.
Robson
1/5/2018 4:28am
baronKanon wrote:
Looks like the Danny Hart to Saracen rumors are true:
Hahahahahaha

Love that vid! Nice job (and move) Saracen!!!
1/5/2018 7:08am
baronKanon wrote:
Lol kudos on the announcement video Saracen! That’s the best one I’ve seen so far
bizutch
1/5/2018 7:40am
Man, I was really liking the WD40 helmet
LLLLL
1/5/2018 8:09am
wmv7766 wrote:
Just a rumor.... but Cody Kelley posted that people should try guessing his new team during the next week. Nukeproof USA ambassador Rich Houseman (bigzcasa on...
Just a rumor.... but Cody Kelley posted that people should try guessing his new team during the next week. Nukeproof USA ambassador Rich Houseman (bigzcasa on instagram) responded with "I’m excluded from this contest! go fast in ‘18"

If the Nukeproof ambassador is excluded then either he is involved with Cody's arrival...... oooorrrr he is simply a friend who knows too much.

Kelan Grant recently took the leap/promotion to the EWS CRC team after racing for Nukeproof domestically (I forget where he is from) so it does make sense that Nukeproof would now gun for some podiums in the USA domestic races. There is no one better to do that with than a guy who has struggled to breach the top of the EWS, and has actually missed some EWS rounds, but has proven he can quite easily win domestic races. Cody Kelley really would be the top choice for a rep in the USA to grab the BME, Scott, maybe Cascadia, and also the NAET championships. It would be quite a coup for a small inexpensive (budget) brand to add all of that to already having the EWS champion on their bike.

Let's wait and see.
Kelan is a local CRC lad, probably find him around the top 30-50 next year. Might still be in college also won the last fox hunt.
1/5/2018 8:12am
ck85 wrote:
According to RedBike Cunningham to Trek Enduro team? Isn't this a like for like swap for Lewis Buchanan?
BJobs69 wrote:
Heard that too! Also heard that Buchanan found a new team again and signed with Ibis. 5th team in 5 years..
Am I the only one who feels Trek had Buchanan as just a spot filler for last year and the Yeti deal was already lined up waiting for the green light once the season was over.
1/5/2018 8:26am
A new ride seems to be in the cards for EWS privateer Noga Korem:

And while we're on the topic of the ladies of the EWS, Anneke Beerten is apparently going to not only change her bike but also her component supplier:

careed
1/5/2018 9:18am
parnifel wrote:
Maybe just a hunch, but this could be the video that shows that Giant is on Fox Suspension. The last video of Ethen Roberts they were...
Maybe just a hunch, but this could be the video that shows that Giant is on Fox Suspension. The last video of Ethen Roberts they were riding RS in Whistler, this time around both on Fox.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ethen-roberts-dusty-wygle-50-feet-of-free…
They are definitely off RS, but definitely not going to Fox. They're going to a much smaller brand.

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest