2018 Racing Rumors

'size
12/22/2017 2:59pm
Primoz wrote:
Being okay with it might actually not be true. 'Do this or you don't get the bucks' is also a good motivator to do stuff you...
Being okay with it might actually not be true. 'Do this or you don't get the bucks' is also a good motivator to do stuff you are not that comfortable with in order to do the stuff she loves. And everybody does stuff like that, but the level of uncomfortableness is different for different people and different professions.

And even if she is okay with it, it's still not a good image for the public, who gets more and more okay with it.

And i do agree it takes courage and all, but i still don't think that makes it okay...

I don't have a problem with models, but don't make models out of professional athletes or don't make models into fake pro athletes. That's my point/wish.
well i look at this way : if you're not ok with it you don't do it. your morals are worth more than anything IMO. although i do doubt that a rider of anneke's stature is being made to do this under threat of payment or sponsorship. i'm sure she could find a ride if she needed to (which she obviously has) simply by saying 'brand x expected this of me and i won't do it'.

what if a professional athlete wants to do modeling? he or she shouldn't be allowed to or criticized for it because it's not what someone else thinks is ok?

do you believe all the women cyclists who participated in the cyclepassion calendars did it under duress?

is this a problem?

AdamO
12/22/2017 3:03pm
'size wrote:
well i look at this way : if you're not ok with it you don't do it. your morals are worth more than anything IMO. although...
well i look at this way : if you're not ok with it you don't do it. your morals are worth more than anything IMO. although i do doubt that a rider of anneke's stature is being made to do this under threat of payment or sponsorship. i'm sure she could find a ride if she needed to (which she obviously has) simply by saying 'brand x expected this of me and i won't do it'.

what if a professional athlete wants to do modeling? he or she shouldn't be allowed to or criticized for it because it's not what someone else thinks is ok?

do you believe all the women cyclists who participated in the cyclepassion calendars did it under duress?

is this a problem?

Damn you I thought I will never see this again!
sideshow
12/22/2017 3:09pm
Primoz wrote:
Anybody else find this a bit inappropriate? I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm a standard guy when it comes to hot women and she looks...
Anybody else find this a bit inappropriate? I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm a standard guy when it comes to hot women and she looks amazing, but that's just it, she LOOKS amazing just standing there instead of being celebrated and cheered at for her riding...
No, not really. Anneke is lauded for her efforts and successes on a bike long before anyone makes a comment about her looks. If anything, this reminds me more of the SI "Bodies" issue. She is shredded because she trains harder than most, and considering she is the one who posted that, I'd say it's a safe bet she's pretty stoked on the shot and doesn't care if you want to celebrate her riding or six-pack (like most athletes/cyclists, she'd likely attribute a strong core to equally strong results on a bike).
'size
12/22/2017 3:12pm
AdamO wrote:
Damn you I thought I will never see this again!
haha! you'll never escape naked gee.
sideshow
12/22/2017 3:15pm
'size wrote:
well i look at this way : if you're not ok with it you don't do it. your morals are worth more than anything IMO. although...

is this a problem?

On point, nailed it. And a Fun Fact: This was for Play Girl UK.
freebiker
12/22/2017 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 11:00am
Great picture of Anneke. Abs of steel!
oliosky
12/22/2017 4:54pm
'size wrote:
I get you, but... she's obviously ok with it (as I'm sure the other women racers who've been photographed in similar situations are). there's been no...
I get you, but... she's obviously ok with it (as I'm sure the other women racers who've been photographed in similar situations are). there's been no shortage of her being celebrated for her riding and this isn't going to change that. I bet it was nice for all the women involved to be seen as feminine when they are almost exclusively seen sweaty and dirty in riding gear and probably don't always feel feminine during their 'day jobs'. I think it takes a lot of courage to do this, especially in such a male dominated sport.
Primoz wrote:
Being okay with it might actually not be true. 'Do this or you don't get the bucks' is also a good motivator to do stuff you...
Being okay with it might actually not be true. 'Do this or you don't get the bucks' is also a good motivator to do stuff you are not that comfortable with in order to do the stuff she loves. And everybody does stuff like that, but the level of uncomfortableness is different for different people and different professions.

And even if she is okay with it, it's still not a good image for the public, who gets more and more okay with it.

And i do agree it takes courage and all, but i still don't think that makes it okay...

I don't have a problem with models, but don't make models out of professional athletes or don't make models into fake pro athletes. That's my point/wish.
Its just weak sauce marketing. I thought we had moved past this kind of crap to sell fkn bike parts. Its good to see the marketing bloke from marzocchi in the 90s has a job again though...
Roots_rider
12/22/2017 5:01pm
kwapik wrote:
Sounds like you want to argue
'size wrote:
not at all. just curious about different thoughts on the same subject. it's old or it's not current on geo are very different answers to the...
not at all. just curious about different thoughts on the same subject. it's old or it's not current on geo are very different answers to the same question. still curious what defines an enduro race bike though. parameters on bikes is just plain stupid IMO so I'm curious where people stand since this specific bike came up.
Old and not current on geo are kinda the same thing in my mind. It's reach is now about a size off. The current LG would be a MD or even a short MD to a lot of companies now a days. The BB is sorta high, seat tube was pretty steep for the time, and HA was pretty slack for the time. But well def see it go longer reach, and probably a shorter steeper seat tube, maybe lower BB, and slightly slacker head angle. Sure we'll see boost and metric shock sizing. Oh, and some sort of marketing claim about how the rear suspension kinematics have been tweaked to work better with air and coil shocks.
Also, companies are expected to change bikes every 3-4 years, especially considering the "trends."
careed
12/22/2017 10:43pm
Giant Factory Off-Road off Rockshox
BJobs69
12/22/2017 11:16pm
'size wrote:
I get you, but... she's obviously ok with it (as I'm sure the other women racers who've been photographed in similar situations are). there's been no...
I get you, but... she's obviously ok with it (as I'm sure the other women racers who've been photographed in similar situations are). there's been no shortage of her being celebrated for her riding and this isn't going to change that. I bet it was nice for all the women involved to be seen as feminine when they are almost exclusively seen sweaty and dirty in riding gear and probably don't always feel feminine during their 'day jobs'. I think it takes a lot of courage to do this, especially in such a male dominated sport.
Primoz wrote:

oliosky wrote:
Its just weak sauce marketing. I thought we had moved past this kind of crap to sell fkn bike parts. Its good to see the marketing...
Its just weak sauce marketing. I thought we had moved past this kind of crap to sell fkn bike parts. Its good to see the marketing bloke from marzocchi in the 90s has a job again though...
I totally get you. In my eyes it‘s just not very transparant. Months ago she made a big post that for her it’s all about results and riding her bike and not showing off in hot yoga pants. Don‘t get me wrong but it seems to me that she changes her mind like the wind changes direction.
LTrumpore
12/23/2017 12:24am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 12:54am
'size wrote:
Primoz wrote:

oliosky wrote:
Its just weak sauce marketing. I thought we had moved past this kind of crap to sell fkn bike parts. Its good to see the marketing...
Anyone else notice there’s a bike in that photo too? And it’s not a current one (probably her 2012 Milka-Trek hard tail, old Rockshox fork and CB pedals, no dropper, chainguide....)? She appears to be trolling you with an outake from the 2013 Cyclepassion shoot.

bartman
12/23/2017 2:33am
Primoz wrote:

oliosky wrote:
LTrumpore wrote:
Anyone else notice there’s a bike in that photo too? And it’s not a current one (probably her 2012 Milka-Trek hard tail, old Rockshox fork and...
Anyone else notice there’s a bike in that photo too? And it’s not a current one (probably her 2012 Milka-Trek hard tail, old Rockshox fork and CB pedals, no dropper, chainguide....)? She appears to be trolling you with an outake from the 2013 Cyclepassion shoot.

Good spot......I think this may be what's called a "wind up" :-)
12/23/2017 3:05am
Primoz wrote:
Anybody else find this a bit inappropriate? I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm a standard guy when it comes to hot women and she looks...
Anybody else find this a bit inappropriate? I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm a standard guy when it comes to hot women and she looks amazing, but that's just it, she LOOKS amazing just standing there instead of being celebrated and cheered at for her riding...
Why not let her do both? Good for her for being an amazing athlete and sexy. She's more than just an athlete, she's more than just a sex symbol. It's not an "either or" story.
12/23/2017 3:18am
Scott Velosilution on Bos Suspension next year?? Here‘s a screenshot of Brendogs instagram story.

12/23/2017 3:57am
Scott Velosilution on Bos Suspension next year?? Here‘s a screenshot of Brendogs instagram story.[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/12/23/5736/s1200_397EFAB0_1645_4CA8_A74D_FE9A5B436695.jpg[/img]
Scott Velosilution on Bos Suspension next year?? Here‘s a screenshot of Brendogs instagram story.

Good eye, those arent saint brakes either. Look like trps.
12/23/2017 4:16am
Scott Velosilution on Bos Suspension next year?? Here‘s a screenshot of Brendogs instagram story.[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/12/23/5736/s1200_397EFAB0_1645_4CA8_A74D_FE9A5B436695.jpg[/img]

Good eye, those arent saint brakes either. Look like trps.
Yep! We discussed the brakes some pages before already. Seems like they are off Fox and Shimano
DHFabi
12/23/2017 7:25am
Bulldog off Oakley and retirement comments. Hopefully they‘re joking..Unsure

lewzz10
12/23/2017 7:28am
DHFabi wrote:
Bulldog off Oakley and retirement comments. Hopefully they‘re joking..:unsure: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/12/23/5739/s1200_F898DF26_C4A3_4298_8641_5665E7E46C4D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/12/23/5740/s1200_05420A06_D138_4D56_8C92_EF6A032C7DA0.jpg[/img]
Bulldog off Oakley and retirement comments. Hopefully they‘re joking..Unsure

Pretty sure they're taking the piss.
freebiker
12/23/2017 11:04am
Will gee be riding for Queef-Huffer cycles next season?
giantkeeper
12/23/2017 11:09am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 11:10am
Mason Bond off Pivot according to IG
12/23/2017 12:07pm

The findyouryoungtalent.com domain is registered to YT, can't wait for the new rig!
12/24/2017 3:44am
bartman wrote:
Good spot......I think this may be what's called a "wind up" :-)
lister_yu wrote:
these pictures (Anneke Beerten) are all from past Cyclepassion Calenders. Nothing she posted recently at least not via her Instagram account.

https://www.mountainbike-magazin.de/news/szene/cyclepassion-kalender-20…
The pic posted on the forum of her in bikini sitting on a "sketched" bike with #teamroumors on it is a screen capture of one of her instagram stories. So it was posted by herself. See the captures and you'll see her profile on he header.
lister_yu
12/24/2017 7:31am
The pic posted on the forum of her in bikini sitting on a "sketched" bike with #teamroumors on it is a screen capture of one of...
The pic posted on the forum of her in bikini sitting on a "sketched" bike with #teamroumors on it is a screen capture of one of her instagram stories. So it was posted by herself. See the captures and you'll see her profile on he header.
you are right - I stand corrected - it was posted by herself

guess she is having a good laugh with that as it did the trick and was "discussed" :-)
12/24/2017 8:13am
It's not definite evidence, but Sam pilgrim seems to be on a haibike, due to the motor. he did mention in his leaving ns bikes video that an e-bike would make a climb a lot easier, but this could just be a joke.

You can see a gearbox or motor, but probably a motor because it has a derailleur.
struc
12/24/2017 9:38am
It's not definite evidence, but Sam pilgrim seems to be on a haibike, due to the motor. he did mention in his leaving ns bikes video...
It's not definite evidence, but Sam pilgrim seems to be on a haibike, due to the motor. he did mention in his leaving ns bikes video that an e-bike would make a climb a lot easier, but this could just be a joke.

You can see a gearbox or motor, but probably a motor because it has a derailleur.

looks like a haibike :D
exactly like a haibike Tongue

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest