2017 Racing Rumors

Primoz
11/6/2016 4:26am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2016 4:27am
Wai. The fact that the last few photos, up to yesterday, had the same sponsors, that aren't featured in today's photo, is the reason for you to be sure, he is NOT moving to a different team and not a reason, tat he IS moving to a different team?

How??

Of course, it's not a clear confirmation that he IS moving, but it would be much easier this than the confirmation that he is not.
waldog
11/6/2016 11:14am
Primoz wrote:
Wai. The fact that the last few photos, up to yesterday, had the same sponsors, that aren't featured in today's photo, is the reason for you...
Wai. The fact that the last few photos, up to yesterday, had the same sponsors, that aren't featured in today's photo, is the reason for you to be sure, he is NOT moving to a different team and not a reason, tat he IS moving to a different team?

How??

Of course, it's not a clear confirmation that he IS moving, but it would be much easier this than the confirmation that he is not.
Um ok, what? You lost me...

Regardless of what you're trying to say, all I was doing was pointing out the facts of that photo. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everyone will make their on interpretation. I just found it interesting.
Primoz
11/6/2016 11:41am
Pedro is saying that the yesterday's photo and the photo from 4 days ago have the same sponsors. We were talking that today's (fresh) photo doesn't have those sponsors. From Pedro's post i kind of got the vibe, that the fact that yesterday's photo and the one before have all of his sponsors means he is staying with GT, regardless of te fact, that the latest photo doesn't have them. And also that he's not moving to a different team because he's been on this one for only a year.

Well, Brendan moved between 3 different bikes in 3 years, first from Honda (2007?) to Iron Horse (2008?) and then to Specialized. Granted, this was a team changing bikes most likely, but still.

I was trying to say that him not mentioning sponsors does not confirm a change coming, but it sure as hell doesn't confirm that he's staying with the current team.
11/6/2016 12:38pm
Primoz wrote:
Pedro is saying that the yesterday's photo and the photo from 4 days ago have the same sponsors. We were talking that today's (fresh) photo doesn't...
Pedro is saying that the yesterday's photo and the photo from 4 days ago have the same sponsors. We were talking that today's (fresh) photo doesn't have those sponsors. From Pedro's post i kind of got the vibe, that the fact that yesterday's photo and the one before have all of his sponsors means he is staying with GT, regardless of te fact, that the latest photo doesn't have them. And also that he's not moving to a different team because he's been on this one for only a year.

Well, Brendan moved between 3 different bikes in 3 years, first from Honda (2007?) to Iron Horse (2008?) and then to Specialized. Granted, this was a team changing bikes most likely, but still.

I was trying to say that him not mentioning sponsors does not confirm a change coming, but it sure as hell doesn't confirm that he's staying with the current team.
no...what I mean was that the foto from today and from 4 days ago ( he seems to be doing the same kind of training) have the same sponsors, I think even the bike isn't a gt...yes, your right about brendan, 3 bikes in 3 years, but we don't see that much, but it's possible, i don't say no......and what I didnt say that he is staying with gt or not...I said I don't think we will see a move... it's different
Primoz
11/6/2016 12:53pm
Ah, the road bike training pic. Missed that one, sorry. My mistake, i went on a needless rant there.
11/6/2016 3:17pm
Primoz wrote:
Ah, the road bike training pic. Missed that one, sorry. My mistake, i went on a needless rant there.
no problem Wink
11/9/2016 5:17am
Oh the plot thickens... I also believe there's a video of Gaetan Vige ripping a canyon floating about the net
Oh the plot thickens... I also believe there's a video of Gaetan Vige ripping a canyon floating about the net
Commencal happily mentioned they were parting ways with Gaeten when my mate applied for sponsorship with them.
oliosky
11/9/2016 2:07pm
Are we saying Bulldog to Norco and Jackson Frew to Commencal? Given they both have the potential to podium at a world cup I reckon they would want to get away from that POS Fury as soon as humanly possible...
11/9/2016 4:17pm
oliosky wrote:
Are we saying Bulldog to Norco and Jackson Frew to Commencal? Given they both have the potential to podium at a world cup I reckon they...
Are we saying Bulldog to Norco and Jackson Frew to Commencal? Given they both have the potential to podium at a world cup I reckon they would want to get away from that POS Fury as soon as humanly possible...
Nope, Jackson doesn't need to apply for 2017 as he signed a 2 year contract starting in 2016. Different person, unknown out of Aus. Given as Jackson and I released this today, and we have only just finished filming an off season video (on GT bikes), there's no way he will be moving team. As for Bulldog, I have nothing to say.

parnifel
11/9/2016 11:59pm
This just in...
Transfer Rumors confirmed by Swiss Bike Magazine.

Loris Vergier to Syndicate along with Luca Shaw.
Troy Brosnan to Canyon Factory Team
Dany Hart to Trek Werksteam and not Factory Team.
Sam Blenki maybe to Speci with Loic
Manon Carpenter to Radon Factory Team, Carina Capellaris contract is over.

Heres the News(if you speak German)
http://www.ride.ch/news/transfergeruechte-im-mountainbike-rennsport-ex-…
nsynk
11/10/2016 1:36am
Looks like speculation rather than fact .hope it's true about Danny . Fastest rider on the most proven bike !
11/10/2016 1:40am
nsynk wrote:
Looks like speculation rather than fact .hope it's true about Danny . Fastest rider on the most proven bike !
But still there were 3 Mondraker Summum's on the World Champs podium this year. Wink
nsynk
11/10/2016 1:53am
Very true . Why would they pull out ? They've proved the bike and don't need to do more or maybe finianciial reasons ?
11/10/2016 3:46am
PJ_Dayag wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/11/10/4444/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]

DH6c has been the term used for an SB6c with dual crown forks etc. for downhill. Still the same 6" frame.
peecee
11/10/2016 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2016 2:04pm
PJ_Dayag wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/11/10/4444/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]

baronKanon wrote:
DH6c has been the term used for an SB6c with dual crown forks etc. for downhill. Still the same 6" frame.
Nothing new to see here! I took the picture Richie posted back in March maybe February thinking about it over here in Australia.

Jared was doing the same endure bike with Boxxers, see pic below

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/heavyp/album/Subaru-Australian-National-Serie…
Maxipedia
11/10/2016 2:21pm
parnifel wrote:
This just in... Transfer Rumors confirmed by Swiss Bike Magazine. Loris Vergier to Syndicate along with Luca Shaw. Troy Brosnan to Canyon Factory Team Dany Hart...
This just in...
Transfer Rumors confirmed by Swiss Bike Magazine.

Loris Vergier to Syndicate along with Luca Shaw.
Troy Brosnan to Canyon Factory Team
Dany Hart to Trek Werksteam and not Factory Team.
Sam Blenki maybe to Speci with Loic
Manon Carpenter to Radon Factory Team, Carina Capellaris contract is over.

Heres the News(if you speak German)
http://www.ride.ch/news/transfergeruechte-im-mountainbike-rennsport-ex-…
This is bullshit! People! First and foremost, ”Gerücht” means in German ”rumour”, so those dudes are doing exactly what we are doing here, only they added some nice pictures and presented it as an ”article”. You should not be surprised if their ”sources” are exactly in this thread. It happened before.

And, for chrissakes, ”Werksteam” is the German term for ”factory team”, so that means that the current factory team, the Athertons, would open up a spot for one of Gee's main rivals, which is Danny. That the logical translation, not the German to English one.

One quick question, parnifel: did you even bother to translate this stuff? I mean, like, properly.

Anyway, that's pretty much what they're saying.

Cheers,
Mx
parnifel
11/10/2016 11:05pm
Maybe you^re not reading my my post properly..confirmd rumours by Swiss Bike Mag, not by me.
Don¨t take this so seriously, ist not like you're getting transferred to another Team.

And no, as a German, English, French and Italian speaking Person(here in Swizerland we have 4 national languages), "Werks" does not mean Factory in German.

I assume that a Werksteam will be built up like the Unior or SRAM TLD Team, they have certain Sponsors and are able to choose a Frame from which brand they may..(Unior = TREK, SRAM TLD = Santa Cruz)
Danny has FOX, DT Swiss, Bell and Alpinestars...maybe he'll just get another Frame Sponsor, but this is also pure speculation.
These Racing Rumors make it interesting for everyone, thats the whole Point..so don't go getting disruntled by this.

Gweggy
11/10/2016 11:16pm
parnifel wrote:
Maybe you^re not reading my my post properly..confirmd rumours by Swiss Bike Mag, not by me. Don¨t take this so seriously, ist not like you're getting...
Maybe you^re not reading my my post properly..confirmd rumours by Swiss Bike Mag, not by me.
Don¨t take this so seriously, ist not like you're getting transferred to another Team.

And no, as a German, English, French and Italian speaking Person(here in Swizerland we have 4 national languages), "Werks" does not mean Factory in German.

I assume that a Werksteam will be built up like the Unior or SRAM TLD Team, they have certain Sponsors and are able to choose a Frame from which brand they may..(Unior = TREK, SRAM TLD = Santa Cruz)
Danny has FOX, DT Swiss, Bell and Alpinestars...maybe he'll just get another Frame Sponsor, but this is also pure speculation.
These Racing Rumors make it interesting for everyone, thats the whole Point..so don't go getting disruntled by this.

What? Werksteam = Factory Team
Werk = Factory, Team = Team and the "s" is in there for the fun of it.
parnifel
11/11/2016 12:05am
Some People are taking this stuff waaay to seriously....
metadave
11/11/2016 12:08am
parnifel wrote:
Some People are taking this stuff waaay to seriously....
THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS
11/11/2016 12:57am
parnifel wrote:
Maybe you^re not reading my my post properly..confirmd rumours by Swiss Bike Mag, not by me. Don¨t take this so seriously, ist not like you're getting...

Was??! Wo hast du Deutsch gelernt?! Nochmals in die Schule gehen wäre keine schlechte Idee Kumpel....

Post a reply to: 2017 Racing Rumors

The Latest