Webcam

   Website
   Twitter
   Facebook
   Youtube
   Webcam

|
6/4/2014 6:23am
im heading out to keystone and trestle for two weeks in august,and looking for some locals to ride with, ive NEVER been at either, and would love to hook up with some good riders who know the area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm coming from N.H.and ride nothing but steep, techy shit..)
6/4/2014 6:50am
I added some more resorts outside of Colorado, and removed the early season rates that have already passed. The Freeride pass is still in the list, but should stand on it's own as one of two multi-park Passes I am aware of.
6/4/2014 6:53am
im heading out to keystone and trestle for two weeks in august,and looking for some locals to ride with, ive NEVER been at either, and would...
im heading out to keystone and trestle for two weeks in august,and looking for some locals to ride with, ive NEVER been at either, and would love to hook up with some good riders who know the area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm coming from N.H.and ride nothing but steep, techy shit..)
Winter Park has a small percentage of steep or technical, and is more suited to beginning riders and those who 'only ride park'. Keystone has more steep and technical trails than any of the other resorts, and is probably more what you are looking for. I, of course, encourage you to sample all of Colorado and New Mexico's fine MTB parks and make your own decisions.
6/4/2014 7:01am
THANKS MAN !!!!!!!! will go to angel fire too...that's DEFINITELY on my list..
6/4/2014 7:04am
hey Jason, is it worth the trip to go to snowmass or sol vista (granby) ?????
6/4/2014 7:23am
If I'm around when you're here for Keystone, I'll go out for some laps. I live just down the road from there and get out there often.
6/4/2014 7:52am
Eh, just depends...

Granby has not been the same without Momentum Trail Concepts, and is trying to attract an eclectic mix of hardcore racers and families. I feel like they are going to fail at both unless they pick one over the other. For the past two years, they have hired Singletrack Trails to add new trails and fill in the jumps. This year, I have not heard that they hired anyone, so I would guess they have local staff working it (aka winter lifties). My wife and I went a couple of times last year, and the most difficult trails had become more difficult due to overgrown grass and lack of maintenance. I would give you the same advice and give it try. It's only a couple of minutes down the road from WP and has warmer weather.

Snowmass is one of the few areas I have not visited recently enough to have a valid opinion. We used to race there all the time, and the race courses were fast, steep, technical, and challenging. Since then, Snowmass has moved towards the bike park trend of smooth flow trails. I don't know how that is working out, but I know some great riders are on the trail teams. Someone else will have to have to chime in on a comparison.
6/4/2014 8:33am
JimEG wrote:
Great list. And some more bike park info here -

http://www.worldbikeparks.com
mtbparks.com does a good job of it too, but I prefer condensed information. Neither site includes ROI days or total available weekends. I would also like to do a column for miles of trail and cost per mile, but have not had time yet.
6/4/2014 10:25am
If I'm around when you're here for Keystone, I'll go out for some laps. I live just down the road from there and get out there...
If I'm around when you're here for Keystone, I'll go out for some laps. I live just down the road from there and get out there often.
Sounds GREAT !!!! IM THERE AUG.11th on...
6/4/2014 12:00pm
Eh, just depends... Granby has not been the same without [url=http://www.momentumtrail.com/]Momentum Trail Concepts[/url], and is trying to attract an eclectic mix of hardcore racers and families...
Eh, just depends...

Granby has not been the same without Momentum Trail Concepts, and is trying to attract an eclectic mix of hardcore racers and families. I feel like they are going to fail at both unless they pick one over the other. For the past two years, they have hired Singletrack Trails to add new trails and fill in the jumps. This year, I have not heard that they hired anyone, so I would guess they have local staff working it (aka winter lifties). My wife and I went a couple of times last year, and the most difficult trails had become more difficult due to overgrown grass and lack of maintenance. I would give you the same advice and give it try. It's only a couple of minutes down the road from WP and has warmer weather.

Snowmass is one of the few areas I have not visited recently enough to have a valid opinion. We used to race there all the time, and the race courses were fast, steep, technical, and challenging. Since then, Snowmass has moved towards the bike park trend of smooth flow trails. I don't know how that is working out, but I know some great riders are on the trail teams. Someone else will have to have to chime in on a comparison.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! every little bit helps...

Post a reply to: 2014: Bike Park Pricing and Opening Dates

The Latest