Rock shox Boxxer WC/Team 2010

Xzero
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 10:07am
What is your opinion on these forks?
Bad
Good
how does it feel when you ride
Does it need much attention ( chainging the oil etc )
Would you recommend it for other riders
and anything else you want to apply...

|
Xzero
8/2/2009 1:38pm
Well the main reason i am posting this, is because i am going to buy one of these two forks so any opinon may count in my decision.
dh-kevin-dh
10/27/2009 10:15pm
though its heavier, i would go for coil.

much easier to maintain, ive always thought of coil forks to be plusher, and i pefer the bottom out adjustment on the team to the volume control.

i have freinds who have put some serious ride time on both forks and both of them said that they are great. takes alittle time to set up perfectly but they say its better than a 40 once set up correctly.

Boxxer team would be my pick
TRex
3/2/2010 7:23am
I've spend time on old WC and the new one, and contrary to what dh-kevin-dh says, I prefer the feel of the air, but the new one (2010). I feels progressive like a coil, surprisingly so. Smartiboo's question: Yes, you can tune the different rebound circuits to get the fork to not bob when pedalling, I think they can make a bigger difference than just turning in more low speed compression, which also helps. There is a shitload of adjustments on my fork, and I like how it feels, but I'm only half way done (I've got both low speed comp and reb. where I think I want them). Play around with either if you get one.
Dereka15
7/4/2010 8:40pm
Ive got the 2010 WC and have been riding it for about 8 months and love it to fricken death, it feels so plush, and doesn't have that harsh ramp up that Ive felt in the older teams, its also super adjustable, you can always add a click here or there to get it perfect, and as far as maintenance, yes it does require some, if you want it to feel top notch all the time i would suggest an oil change every 2 weeks if your riding it really hard, a couple good tips, after you've cleaned everything with isopropel alcohol, pack the seals with white lithium grease and use a 50/50 mix of Sram pit-stop 15wt oil and redrum lube, i also wax the stanctions after i clean them, not sure it does much but what the hell, and a little tri-flow on the seals also helps keep it smooth, Ive heard a lot of complaints about it being a sticky fork but once they've felt mine it shut em up, if your gonna spend that much money take care of it.

Post a reply to: Rock shox Boxxer WC/Team 2010

The Latest