Why dont people like Haro?

bikers edge
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 12:17pm
Whats wrong with Haro's mountain bike line? They make some really nice stuff , just curious on what other people think of them........??
|
mxnate
1/19/2010 9:46am
I love Haro, in fact I used to work for them in SoCal. From the inside out I can tell you the bikes are built to a standard second to none in the industry. Some years the spec wasnt up to par but it seems they've overcome those problems in recent years and I think the bikes unmatched. They have some of the best hardtail dj and street bikes in the market and I think slowly but surely the word is starting to spread. The FS bikes will always have an uphill climb as long as they use the elevated chainstay, others use it with success (Yeti) but its never been good to Haro.
thom9719
1/19/2010 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2011 5:10pm
This is probally why people don't like haro.

-KT
bikers edge
1/19/2010 1:04pm
IDK i work at a shop in az who is in like flynn with haro and i have met some of the greatest ppl i know through the shop and haro .......i just finished my x7 will have pics up soon but the guys behind the company are genuine and make a great bike in all aspects of mountain biking .What haro needs are ppl that believe in what there trying to accomplish , ppl who will support them and get the ball rolling!
mxnate
1/19/2010 6:10pm
Imagine that .357 with a different rear end, something a little more confidence inspiring fsr or dw link. Im not sure who the designer is over there now, for years it was Mike Varley, his Bmx stuff is legendary but unfortunately the Head Honchos didnt give him much to work with in the MTB department. Man I wish I was back working there again, 2000 miles between here and SoCal.
bikers edge
1/19/2010 8:46pm
They should do something with the virtual link system and call it a race bike ha ha ha that would be perfect with like 8" travel and plenty of pedal efficiency ......but idk man my x7 now is pretty well set-up and has taken a beating and from personal experience it can take 15' drops and is also pretty light and nimble in the turns but i agree on a different rear end design. eh idk my x7 is pretty much beyond stock and is set up pretty nice ,well probably set up with just about the nicest product on the market ..........and sorry to hear you live so far im sure there is better riding near you then there is here :/
Leete
1/20/2010 11:36pm
i think its the fact they made shit bmx wwith 1 peice cranks and they were the only brand of bmx to get back in the day. and u had to be ripped to pick em up
joelalamo45
1/21/2010 6:41am
Leete wrote:
i think its the fact they made shit bmx wwith 1 peice cranks and they were the only brand of bmx to get back in the...
i think its the fact they made shit bmx wwith 1 peice cranks and they were the only brand of bmx to get back in the day. and u had to be ripped to pick em up
Back in the day they made the best bmx bikes available. They were the bike to have. Don't know what you're talking about dude.
bikers edge
1/21/2010 7:17am
Ya seriously lol hmm founding father of bmx ...........omg and the main topic is there mountain line .
mxnate
1/21/2010 5:48pm
Every bike manufacturer has made its share of shitty steel framed bmx bikes with a 1 piece crank and a set of rolling anchors for wheels, not because they wanted to but because they had to. Entry level Bmx is big business and its also a great way for companies to build loyalty in younger riders. Not everybody can spend $600 on there first bike, somebodies gotta have something cool looking for the kid to ride, Haro always did a good job.
bikers edge
1/21/2010 7:27pm
aw ha couldnt have said it better my self ! after working at the shop for so long i have run in to that a bizillion times!!! bmx is sometimes a shops bread and butter!!!!
T-Cliff
2/12/2010 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2010 6:04pm
speak for yourself, i have two haro's, bought a haro steel reserve last year and it's the best hartail ive ever ridden, and i also have a shift (now called a porter) and it a great little slope bike, no complaints.
bloghogs
2/12/2010 6:47pm
Gt suffers from the same disease,especially in free style-street bmx.Alot of people confuse the cheap knock offs with the real ones.Totaly drug the brand name through the mud.
MTB R&D
2/12/2010 8:30pm
I dig Haro! I have owned a few (Threads, Premiums, Classics) and still have a vented number plate from the 80's...That new Thread rigid ss is the shiz! I even work for another company...

I want a 80's Freestyler...the Master is cool but I never cared for the sprocket guard.
bikers edge
2/17/2010 8:07am
YES I agree Haro is the shizz and they still do the shift series but the porter is pretty much the same frame just slightly different frame geometry and I me "slight" differences!!!!! Either way just shred peeps!!!!

Post a reply to: Why dont people like Haro?

The Latest