The new Transition Double or the Black Market Killswitch?

astrizzle
Edited Date/Time 5/3/2022 2:30pm
I haven't dirt jumped in a while and I mainly do DH. I was thinking that a full sus dj bike might help the transition from DH to DJ so I don't kill myself dirt jumping. I know these bikes aren't out yet or anything but which would do you think would be better for a downhiller to start dirt jumping on?? Or do I even need a full sus?
|
Simcik
4/11/2010 8:19pm
DJing on a hardtail will make you a better and smoother DJ and DHer. Both the Double and Killswitch will be awesome options for full suspension DJers. I dont think you can go wrong either way. I have loved both of my Doubles and will without a doubt love this new one once I get it.
Inthebay
4/15/2010 3:16pm
The Killswitch has a really nice suspension design, with that hammer link it gives it this perfect progressive feel. You know that feeling when you air your DH bike, and the suspension drops through the sag? The Killswitch's hammer link also slows down that rebound, as to avoid messing with your airtime, but it also creates this crazy progressive feel, from moderate to super stiff in the lower portion of the stroke, it feels like a hardtail with some cush. Love it.
JackHoobler
11/24/2010 1:52pm
astrizzle wrote:
I haven't dirt jumped in a while and I mainly do DH. I was thinking that a full sus dj bike might help the transition from...
I haven't dirt jumped in a while and I mainly do DH. I was thinking that a full sus dj bike might help the transition from DH to DJ so I don't kill myself dirt jumping. I know these bikes aren't out yet or anything but which would do you think would be better for a downhiller to start dirt jumping on?? Or do I even need a full sus?
The Blk Mrkt Killswitch with X-Fusion shock is lighter than the Double without a shock. Both are around the same price. Transition is a rad company with alot of pride but I say go with the Killswitch it's super dialed Cool
thevish
1/28/2011 6:36pm
killswitch, and i've actually ridden both.
BrianTucker
2/21/2011 8:28pm
Be a man and get a hardtail. Full sus DJ bikes don't teach you anything.
cmc4130
11/26/2018 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2022 2:30pm
EDIT -- I had these two bikes, but they are both sold now (May, 2022)

2011 Transition Double v2 (size Large) AND a very lightly used 2010 Black Market Killswitch (size Large).

This is what it looks like with a 130mm fork (if someone wanted to ride Enduro/slope whatever):

And this is what it looks like with a 100mm Argyle

12/4/2018 5:18am
Be a man and get a hardtail. Full sus DJ bikes don't teach you anything.
Real men ride a bmx on dirt jumps

Post a reply to: The new Transition Double or the Black Market Killswitch?

The Latest