make a living from photography

Edited Date/Time 8/16/2014 11:52pm
Hi guys,

I am currently studying mechanical engineering here in Israel (third year at the mo).
last year I spent the whole summer in Morzine. except my DH bike, I also brought with me a canon 1000d body (that I bought just before the flight) and my sister's 18-200 lens. then I found my self spending more time shooting photos of my friends and mountains, instead of riding everyday.
since then things became more serious, few shots published on DIRT, wideopen and some Israeli biking magazines.
also upgraded my equipment to 550d (well, using my sister's one till I buy 7d or something), 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, 50mm f/1.8 and 200mm f/2.8

here in Israel it's impossible to make living from sports photography, but how can I make it happen if I want to, some where over the world?
I am planing to do another season in morzine this summer. what clients can I find while I am there?
any tips?

or should I stick to my basic plan, being an engineer?
not going to decide after reading comments you know, but its always good to hear some other people opinions.

my website is www.reubenshaul.com

cheers Smile
|
pgore
3/12/2012 10:47pm
I don't know the first thing about freelancing in Israel, but it sounds damn hard. Those shots are impressive, and should be submitting on Vitalmtb more! Network the hell out of yourself, and go to all the races you can get to.

Post a reply to: make a living from photography

The Latest