New Wheelset/Disc Hub Suggestions

Rayzorx
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2014 7:36pm
Hello,
I'm overhauling my 04 Stumpjumper Pro hard tail, and have decided to go with disc brakes, which means new wheels and hubs. I've been looking at wheelset reviews and wondered if buying seperate rims/hubs is a better approach?

If anyone has advise or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.
My budget around $400, and I'm a seasoned rider, no racing (anymore). I just ride for exercise and fun. My weight is about 160 lbs.

Thanks!
Ray
|
9/5/2013 8:17pm
A couple things to consider. The Stumpjumper may be the perfect bike for you, but it is close to 10 years old. I don't know your budget, but the 400 for wheels plus 100+/- or however much you spend on brakes is a good chunk of a new or slightly used bike. I'd advise saving for a bit and putting it towards a newer bike.

That said, should you go the route of new wheels, it would be very tough to build a set for what you've budgeted. Factor in 75 or so to build as well. There are a number of sites that have pre built wheels, like stock model take offs, that you could choose from. Wheelworld usually has some on there.
Rayzorx
9/5/2013 8:36pm
Thanks Bikeboardorblad,
Yeah, i hear you about the age of the bike, but i do really like the frame. I'll check out Wheelhouse and see if i can find some pre built wheelsets.

Ray

Post a reply to: New Wheelset/Disc Hub Suggestions

The Latest