Boxxer WC 05 upgrade

mrobson
Edited Date/Time 8/14/2014 12:14pm
Anyone know of an upgrade to the internals of the 05 WC's, im looking to get some 40's but thats not going to be soon, TF have done the rebound thing but they dont realy match up to the CCDB i have on the rear.

Cheers
Mark
|
Big Bird
10/7/2011 9:12am
Have you tried talking to PUSH? They were the first, I believe, to start messing around with Rock Shox stuff. It might be possible to replace the dampers with newer 8" versions, and I've always wondered if one could retrofit the air spring?
mrobson
10/10/2011 6:36am
Hi mate,

Yes i just emailed them and thanks for the tip, just waiting on a responce,
10/10/2011 8:41am
you can put the guts from a newer boxxer in there, including the air spring. i've never tried the air spring, and some people i trust think there might be problems getting it to seal as the coil spring you currently have makes tiny marks on the sealing surface inside the stanchion.

avalanche downhill racing makes a cartridge damper kit that i have been using for a couple years now with good results. elka suspension makes a cartridge as well, and i believe there is a french company that also makes a cartridge kit. this would be the way to go as far as damping is concerned.

Post a reply to: Boxxer WC 05 upgrade

The Latest