Coverage of the Western Open in Decline Magazine

bikebabe
Edited Date/Time 8/16/2014 9:54am
Hi All--
I'm stoked to have my article--"Our Cool Cousins to the North--the Western Open" published in this month's Decline Magazine. I'd love some feedback.
Decline Magazine Jan 2012 ed Page 46

Thanks in advance for your time!
|
Big Bird
1/11/2012 10:20am
Wow, that link to the digital Decline is cool. Maybe I'll let my subscription lapse now. Congratulations Jo. I didn't see your name when I read it first. I'm not sure what that tense or voice is called, (First person something.) But my English teacher mother always told me to avoid it. It's such a natural way to write and so easy to fall into. But she still says no. Also, a little bit more about the actual race would be nice. sounds like a fun time was had by all, except maybe whoever the broken back rumors were about. Congrats again and I hope to read more from you in the future.
bikebabe
1/13/2012 2:27pm
Hi J--er--BIg Bird. Why would you let your subscription lapse? Nothing better than thumbing through that glassy oversized magazine with amazing shots! Who cares what English teachers say, eh? The pov worked for this story, I believe, because it's easier to capture an active voice, rather than passive. And since it was a lifestyle piece, the editor wanted me to convey the atmosphere of the event, and not just focus on the race. Thanks, man, I appreciate the help, and the congrats! I changed my number, but lemme know if'/when you wanna ride!

Post a reply to: Coverage of the Western Open in Decline Magazine

The Latest