4 wheel DH chair

MLR
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2014 4:54pm
just got my new DH chair. Looking forward to doing runs were you don't have to peddle or hick out of. If you see me some where stop me and check out this rig, it's not just for disabled people like me, anyone can ride one.
|
8/5/2011 11:22pm
Sweet. Is there an electric motor package available for those things?
Big Bird
8/6/2011 8:00am
I have a former pro downhiller friend and have been thinking of designs for chairs that would be more like the original experience. Perhaps one where the body position is rotated forward, like sitting in one of those kneeling chairs, so that you're in more of an attack position over the bars instead of behind them. Another thought is that it could be two main wheels in line like a traditional bike with smaller, stiffly sprung wheels to the side, perhaps retractable, to prevent low speed tip overs. Perhaps someday I'll finally set up shop and actually build one.
sspomer
8/7/2011 7:02am
let's see some pics MLR!

i know scott hart of RockShox did some runs in a 4-wheeler with stacy at whistler a few years ago and was so pumped on the experience. he thought it would be a great introduction to DH for his wife.
8/7/2011 7:04pm
Big Bird wrote:
I have a former pro downhiller friend and have been thinking of designs for chairs that would be more like the original experience. Perhaps one where...
I have a former pro downhiller friend and have been thinking of designs for chairs that would be more like the original experience. Perhaps one where the body position is rotated forward, like sitting in one of those kneeling chairs, so that you're in more of an attack position over the bars instead of behind them. Another thought is that it could be two main wheels in line like a traditional bike with smaller, stiffly sprung wheels to the side, perhaps retractable, to prevent low speed tip overs. Perhaps someday I'll finally set up shop and actually build one.
PRONE! Then you could use your arms to pump and compress on the face of jumps.
MLR
8/9/2011 9:40am
Having trouble putting up pics, sorry, I will keep trying!
MLR
8/9/2011 10:25am
theflu
7/30/2013 5:35pm
Hey there, My name is Dave, and I joined just to ask this question.. I have a friend who is looking for a 4 wheel dh chair for his brother. We keep getting dead ends, and I am wondering if you would be able to let me know where, or how you got your hands on a chair. His brothers 20th b-day is approaching and he would like to try and get one for his b-day.
Any information or contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Dave
theflu
8/2/2013 9:23am
Thanks, I'll try them and see what happens. If any other ideas of names come up please let me know. Who knew it was this hard to find a DH wheel chair...
theflu
8/3/2013 10:08am
Hey Eric,
just wanted to let you know that I have been taking with Jeremy and that he has been really helpful.. We are starting dialogue re buying his bike...
Thanks again..
Dave
8/11/2013 10:00pm

Riding some fire roads in the Laguna mountains, on Thing Trail Road. It's a fun little road to go fast on.
Also looking for new places to ride this chair and its not easy to find.

Blessings,
Danny
8/11/2013 10:22pm
If there is anyone in the San Diego area or even slightly north of SD who has a chair like this lets get together and ride or find places to ride them.

Blessings,
Danny

Post a reply to: 4 wheel DH chair

The Latest