Pedals for DJ/pumptrack

Edited Date/Time 8/13/2014 7:33am
So,

I've just picked up a new DJ/pumptrack bike (Norco Havoc), got a question for those in the know. What kind of pedals do people run on these rigs? For now, I've put on an old pair of Wahwahs, just wondering if there is something specific I should be looking at?
This bike is mainly for pumptrack duties, and general messing about in the neighborhood. No street, and probably not much actual dirtjumping (although I do intend to find myself a little spot where I can dig a line, so I'll be getting into DJ a bit more over time).

I do want good grip (hated the plastic pedals that were on there from the factory), but I can imagine dirtjumping all day and bailing lots, would not be ideal with sharp pins...?

What do the DJ peeps here recommend?
|
tommyboy
11/23/2011 10:01pm
im riding shadow ravanger unsealed alloy pedals, great grip compared to plastic ones, but i haven;t tried any other metal pedals
11/25/2011 3:07pm
i ride easton bmx polycarbonate pedals. They are a bit thinner than other poly pedals and i find that actually having a little less grip for pumptracks helps a bit because your feet are moving so much more.
TexAggie15
11/26/2011 8:03pm
I'm gonna get a lot of criticism for this... But here goes, I use clip less pedals. I just love the control they give you and and run them really loose so i can snap out in mid air. And on pump tracks I love being clipped in.
11/26/2011 11:54pm
I run a set a $17 Eclat poly pedals and 5.10 freeriders. When I forget to wear the bike shoes, I wreck 100% of the time at the pump track.
12/3/2011 5:26am
hey how is the gear ratio going for you? is it a good set up?
mwood7377
1/4/2012 7:48pm
shadow ravagers are the bomb!- they stick especially well to teva links!!!
Rbka
1/5/2012 2:24pm
http://specialized.com/ca/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=41893&menuItemId=…

i use these... the pins don't tear apart my shins like the Straitlines on my dh bike do and they're light, low profile and still relatively grippy. I say for djs the pedals don't need to be as aggressive as dh but don't skimp on pedals/footwear... a platform pedal and a stiff shoe will still enhance the enjoyment.

Post a reply to: Pedals for DJ/pumptrack

The Latest