You should look at this before buying carbon bicycle rims from china

3/17/2017 2:52am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2017 8:39pm
Hi guys, how's everything going with you? My name is Bruce,I would like to share some carbon bicycle rims knowledge with you, hope it can help you make a right decision when buy carbon rims from China.

The traditional production technology used EPS foam preform technology to produce the rims, one drawbacks of this kind of technology is the EPS foam inside the rims, in order to take the foam out and remove the debris, workers need to open lid on the rim( as the following picture shows),

the rim will break easily because of the opened lid when tire pressure or temperature is too high.

As the development of production technology, most factories have abandoned this traditional technology and used a new technology, called one-time moulding technology, which can add more strength and beauty to the rims, the average compressive strength without opening the lid is more than 20% compared to the open lid.

Another important point is the production of tire channel. In order to save cost, some factories will use Silicom moulding technology to produce the rim, which have obvious cut on the tire channel,it will easily cut the tire and make the thickness of brake surface uneven and make the wheel unstable, while professional manufacturers will use three pieces technology (as the following picture shows)

to make the tire channel,which can make rims more beautiful and stronger.

What's more, in order to control the quality of carbon rims, professioal manufacturers will do a lot of tests,such as spoke tesion, brake surface, rim roundness and flatness tests when rims are finished, as the pictures shows.

Welcome to share any bicycle knowledge with me, wish you have a nice day! Smile

|
4/11/2017 8:39pm
Hi Bruce, are you a bicycle factory? or how can you know so much information about bicycle technology? I have been training and cycling with some friends, I'm looking for a high quality bicycle wheels for my mtb bike, can you give me some advice?
4/11/2017 8:57pm
Hi Bruce, are you a bicycle factory? or how can you know so much information about bicycle technology? I have been training and cycling with some...
Hi Bruce, are you a bicycle factory? or how can you know so much information about bicycle technology? I have been training and cycling with some friends, I'm looking for a high quality bicycle wheels for my mtb bike, can you give me some advice?
hi simeon, I am now working for a carbon bicycle company, called Carbonbikekits Company, I am wondering if you have heard of it? you can contact me at bruce@carbonbikekits.com with your detailed requirements, so I can give you some suggestion, thank. Smile

Post a reply to: You should look at this before buying carbon bicycle rims from china

The Latest