my tubeless mistake

Edited Date/Time 8/13/2014 7:09pm
so it felt like my tubeless tire lost some air. so i went to pump it up some more and piece of my valve stem came off thus causing all the air in my tire to come out. now i can pump it back up. and i REALLY dont want to go back in the bike sup because i have spent alot of time in there as it is. please help
|
mrpowerjd
4/14/2013 10:07pm
What's your setup? Schraeder or Presta valve? Tape or heavy duty strip with integrated valve? Or straight up UST rim with a sealed or solid bed (no spoke or nipple holes) that requires neither, but just a valve? What brand of valve are you using? Some rim makers also produce a proprietary valve and for optimal performance, you're going to want to make sure you use the right valve. Not all tubeless valve stems are created equally. If you are running tape and valve, I would presume you've got Presta valves. If so, are they the Stan's brand that have the removable core? Any chance you could post a pic or two to show us exactly what happened? Also, if you can pump up the tire, why the need for a bike shop visit you're trying to avoid? It's been my experience that most shops are more than willing to take a few minutes and help a rider get a tubeless tire beaded up properly--often at no cost. Are you saying you can inflate it but not seat the bead up? What tire are you running? Brand of sealant or no sealant? If you're taped, what brand of tape and did you tape it, was it factory, or done by the shop? What rim (brand and model) also? I'd love to help you out if I can, but I need a lot more info. I'll await your reply. Cheers!

Post a reply to: my tubeless mistake

The Latest