2011 Specialized P3 Prototypes
Michael Hoenisch and Guy French let us check out their prototype 2011 Specialized P3 dirt jumpers. Michael runs gears, Guy runs singlespeed. Here's the rundown.
- 2011 P3 will be frameset only, P2 will be sold as completes.
- Frame weight, 4.7lbs
- Frame price, $500, includes headset, seat, post and rear dropout hardware for SS or gears.
- Tapered headtube designed around integrated headset.
- 69 degree head angle, 1/2 degree steeper than 2010.
- 12.25-inch bottom bracket height, raised from 2010.
- They removed the 6mm offset from the rear end to better accomodate aftermarket SS rear hubs.
- Strengthened junction at seat tube/top tube/seat stays.
- Cable guides for full shifter and brake housing.
- Lower standover than 2010 P series frames.
- 22.5-inch top tube length. Credit: gordo
sspomer 3/24/2010 1:44 PM
20 comments newest first
... so is the spacing 131mm or is the rear wheel not centered assuming standard dish? so do you have to re-dish the rear wheel? I'm assuming that the spacing is still 135, so what exactly are they refering to? ...And only one top tube length, no other sizes? hmmmm..... sucks to be tall.