2014 Fezzari Timp Peak 27.5 and Nebo Peak 27.5 Trail Bikes
While lurking the pits at Sea Otter, we stumbled upon some pretty killer-looking trail bikes from Fezzari. The Utah-based company plans on releasing the full carbon Timp Peak 27.5 and aluminum Nebo Peak 27.5 trail bikes later this fall.
Fezzari's business model is different than most bike companies in that they are a direct-to-consumer retailer. That means if you want a Fezzari bike, you buy it straight from Fezzari. Initially that process may sound a bit cold and corporate, but in reality, it's quite the opposite. Their system allows custom assembled bikes that are specifically fit and built based on your body's measurements, your riding style and terrain. They call this their 23 Point Custom Setup. Additionally, Fezzari bike models aren't limited to just 2 or 3 build kits. They have kits that exist and believe that a bike build should start with high-end suspension and high quality wheels, but you can get really custom with the parts spec you put on a Fezzari, all with a final price tag that is considerably less than comparable builds from other manufacturers. Dig into their two new 27.5 trail bikes and specs, then check out the a video outlining Fezzari's 23 Point Custom Setup.
Fezzari has embraced the 27.5-inch wheel platform thanks to hundreds of requests from customers and the characteristics the wheel size provides. Tyler Cloward of Fezzari states, "the 27.5-inch wheel rolls better than 26-inch, handles better than 29-inch and allows us to build a longer-travel bike with a shorter wheelbase." Fezzari will offer two new 27.5-inch models debuting this fall, the full-carbon Timp Peak and the alloy Nebo Peak.
Fezzari Timp Peak - price as shown, $5299
- The bike seen here will be priced at $5299, including the Fox 34 TALAS 150mm factory Kashima Fork with remote and the Fox Float CTD factory Kashima rear shock with remote; full Shimano XT with XTR rear derailleur, RockShox Reverb seat post and Reynolds Carbon 27.5 wheels.
- 150mm travel, 4.9-pound frame weight
- Full carbon, including rear triangle and rocker link
- 142x12mm rear axle
- Internal cable routing for shifters, brake or dropper post
- Shimano press fit BB
- Tapered head tube
- 67-degree head angle, 73-degree seat tube, 12.5-inch BB height (bottom of bb shell. center of spindle is 13-inch)
- Available in many different build options.
Fezzari says, "we really like the ride characteristics the TALAS fork gives an all-mountain/trail bike. By being able to change the height of the fork, you change the head tube angle, weight balance and the feel of the bike. In essence creating two bikes, where one is better at descending, then flick the switch for the climb."
Fezzari's Carbon Manufacturing Process
Fezzari utilizes 3D printing machines to create 3D-printed, collapsible mandrels which allow a tighter wrapping of carbon for efficiency and light weight. The process gives the inside of the tubes a smooth finish to help reduce weight, create better forms and a better consistency over a larger number production frames. The mandrels are removed before the curing process, piece by piece, thanks to the 3D printed material. Fezzari's carbon layup uses smaller sheets of carbon at junctions to make the layup more precise and lighter while decreasing carbon fiber waste. According to Fezzari, this technique is more expensive to use but gives better performance and weight qualities.
Fezzari's carbon fiber is a mix of high modulus and Inter. Modulus carbon, to maximize stiffness, desired flex and weight, is used in strategic locations on the frame that require extreme stiffness, while other areas benefit from movement. By targeting the type of carbon used in each location the desired stiffness and flex is achieved
Fezzari Nebo Peak 27.5
- Sub 6-pound alloy frame with 140mm of travel
- 67.5-degree head angle, 72.5-degree seat tube angle
- 142x12mm rear axle
- Tapered head tube
- Sealed bearing pivots
- Hydro formed tubing with smooth welding
- ISCG tabs
- Lower standover height than the Nebo 26er by 1.7- inches
- 140mm Fox TALAS Evolution Fork with remote
- Fox Float Evolution rear shock with remote.
- Full SRAM X9 2x10 drivetrain
- Avid X7 Trail brakes
- No Tubes Flow EX 27.5 wheels
The Fezzari 23 Point Custom Setup
Visit Fezzari.com for more information on their bikes and purchase process.
sspomer 4/24/2013 1:55 PM
5 comments newest first
It's hard to say the exact height across all bikes because everyone measures just a bit different." I've added this to the text above, too.
Seems pretty low in any case - the bike looks dialed otherwise, killer spec for the money!