First Look: COLE's Innovative IBEX Carbon Wheels and DSA2s System
Broken spokes and hub flanges be gone! COLE's clever new Dynamic Spoke Alignment system allows spokes to be pulled in any direction, and the unique straight-pull design greatly reduces the chances of hub or spoke failures often seen in traditional j-bend wheels. By spreading the load to a larger area of the hub flange they can also increase wheel tension. Pretty rad! Get the full run down in this interview with COLE's founder, Jack Lin.
IBEX Wheelset Highlights
- 24 hole high-compression, clincher type carbon rims
- Dynamic Spoke Alignment System (DSA2s)
- Straight-pull double-butted 2.0/1.8/2.0mm spokes
- Replacement spokes are readily available at any bike shop
- Traditional 36 tooth, 3 pawl system with 10-degree engagement
- Hard anodized alloy freehub
- Large sealed bearings improve reliability and serviceability
- EZ Snap tool-free end cap replacement system (Front: QR/15mm, Rear: 135/142mm)
- Available in 26 (1430 grams // 23mm width), 27.5 (1680 grams // 23.5mm width), and 29-inch sizes (1650 grams // 27.5mm width)
- MSRP $1905 to $1987
For more details visit www.colewheels.com or view Cole's listings in the Vital MTB Product Guide.
Photos by Jeff Brines
bturman 12/16/2013 10:30 PM