50% off on the registration for the frist 50 people to use the code - it will be valid rom Monday 3/21 - Friday 3/25...
Go to http://www.active.com/mountain-biking/aptos-ca/santa-cruz-mountain-bike-festival-2011-qr490
Discount Code is SCMTBF50
2nd Annual Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival
Bikes, beer, good food, and fun. What more could you ask from an event? If you'll be in the Santa Cruz area on April 9 and 10, be sure to take part in this growing festival. Events include professional and amateur jump competitions, short track races, bike skill clinics and shuttles with bike industry expo and demo area.
APTOS, CA – March 16, 2011 – Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBOSC) today announced the event schedule and sponsor list for the 2nd Annual Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival (SCMBF) at the Aptos Pump Track and Post Office Dirt Jump Park in Aptos Village, California on April 9th and 10th, 2011. The SCMBF is Santa Cruz County’s premier mountain biking event, bringing together a mix of competitive racing, fun rides, skills clinics and a deep list of industry manufacturers and retailers with booths and demo products. To benefit mountain biking in Santa Cruz, all proceeds from the 2011 event will be dedicated to a permanent bike park in Aptos.
For two jam-packed days, the SCMBF will be home to exciting events for riders at every level. Whether attendees want to participate, spectate, improve their skills or check out the latest gear, there’s something for everyone. For professional and amateur competitive mountain bikers there are jump contests and short track races, endurance XC rides, and Soquel Demo Forest shuttle rides. Beginners can hone their dirt skills with clinics focusing on bike handling and pump track skills. Over 36 industry vendors are on hand to share their latest innovations and equipment. The beer garden will pour tasty drafts from local beer makers including Santa Cruz Ale Works, Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing, Seabright Brewery, Boulder Creek Brewery, Uncommon Brewers and Corralitos Brewing Co. For kids there will be handmade root beer on tap.
The SCMBF will be held at the Barry Swenson Builders property, Aptos Village, California, from 10AM to 4PM on Saturday and Sunday. Entry fees will be charged for competitive events only. Beer, food and SCMBF merchandise will be available for purchase during the event.
SCMBF title sponsor Fox Racing Shox of Watsonville, California is joined by key sponsors Trek, GoPro, Black Market Bikes, Epicenter Cycling, Specialized, Scotts Valley Cycle Sport and Barry Swenson Builders. Contributions from these generous organizations have helped underwrite the SCMBF. All our sponsors are committed to mountain biking and Santa Cruz County as a world class destination for the sport.
SCMBF events include:
• Fox Racing Shox 831 Jump Contest: This juried dirt jumping competition will showcase both world class professional riders as well as top ranked local amateur riders. Pro class winner will pocket the Pro Purse and the Amateur class winner will ride off on a brand new 831 Fox Fork! The 831 Jump Contest is a fantastic opportunity to see aerial stunts.
• Specialized & Scotts Valley Cycle Sport Short Track Race: The exciting short track race will feature an Open Mens/Womens and Pro Mens/Womens class. In true Santa Cruz fashion, this technical course will offer berms, rollers and strategic obstacles that guarantee an exciting event.
• Black Market Bicycles & Epicenter Cycles Pump Track Pandemonium: This unique format of racing will test each racer’s bike handling skills without a single pedal stroke required. All ability levels will enjoy the track as they pump their way through 12 perfectly apexed berms.
• Trek Epic XC Challenge: challenging 40 mile endurance ride from Aptos Village to Soquel Demonstration State Forest and back will be led by local Santa Cruz County XC pro riders. The Epic XC Challenge is free, but spaces are limited on the ride, so participants are urged to sign up early.
• Demo bikes available from Black Market, Specialized, Ibis, Trek, Yeti, Caletti Cycles and many others
• Vendor expo area
• Shuttle Rides to Soquel Demonstration Forest provided by Shuttle Smith Adventures
• Pump track skills clinics
• Bike handling skills clinics
• Beer garden with Santa Cruz County’s most notable breweries
• Fund raising events including raffle & silent auction
For race and ride registration, full schedule times and event details please visit the SCMBF website: www.santacruzmountainbikefestival.com
SCMBF has a simple goal - to celebrate mountain biking in Santa Cruz County. We bring riders together, to participate and spectate in competitive and recreational dirt events via a festival focused on an active outdoor lifestyle, a world class mountain biking destination and a vibrant cycling industry in Santa Cruz County. Proceeds from SCMBF will be used to create a new permanent bike park in Aptos, California.
There are a limited number of sponsorship slots and vendor booths still available. For more information please contact Megan Zemny at email@example.com.
bturman 3/17/2011 12:33 PM