What's Your Favorite Tool & Bike Part to Open a Beer?

Edited Date/Time 6/22/2017 11:16am
Bikes and beer go together pretty well I think. But sometimes you forget your bottle opener on the trail... and that sucks. Post up some different ways you've figured out how to pop open a cold one without using a bottle opener.

Here's four we've used for a while... and a couple of ideas that didn't really work out.

The trusty SPD bottle opener:

Chainring bottle opener:

Tire lever bottle opener:

14mm open end wrench:

Things that didn't work...

Using the side-knobs of a spinning tire:

Anywhere on the seat // seatpost:

The rear axle QR:

|
bturman
3/25/2016 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2016 7:24pm
I dig the spoke trick, just watch your eyes as illustrated by Hans Rey:

How drunk are you right now, FredLikesTrikes? That's a lot of beers!
Eisma
3/25/2016 7:24pm
Im 18 so ive never had a beer, hahaha who am I kidding, my favorite is forsure the clipless pedal.
3/25/2016 7:35pm
bturman wrote:
I dig the spoke trick, just watch your eyes as illustrated by Hans Rey: [embed] https://youtu.be/xDS8aKO4M-c?rel=0&showinfo=0 [/embed] How drunk are you right now, FredLikesTrikes? That's a...
I dig the spoke trick, just watch your eyes as illustrated by Hans Rey:

How drunk are you right now, FredLikesTrikes? That's a lot of beers!
We were too scared to try the spoke method... only two beers each to get those photos. Still a good excuse to have a couple before 5pm.
DrewB
3/25/2016 8:16pm
Wedding ring. Seriously. Its titanium and easy as pie, I open beers for everyone now with it.
TEAMROBOT
3/26/2016 8:08am
I run Time pedals and it's a battle compared to SPD's.
wsmac
3/26/2016 9:32am
SHOTGUN... or a BIG ROCK!
Unfortunately, I cannot get through a whole bottle/can/glass of beer before it actually just starts tasting bad!
FruckedUp taste buds? My Father's fault? My Mother's? Damn them all!
So I gave up drinking... seeing as how it's more frustrating and wasteful stopping halfway through the effort (that's what she said!)... than not starting at all!
So I sit there and make loud noises about how, "...GREAT THIS ROOT/GINGER BEER IS! WOW, IS THIS GOOD! YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING! Wanna try some? Get your own straw though... I don't like coodies!" Wink
micah356
3/27/2016 9:54am
Definitely the SPD pedal. Even though I ride flats, there is always someone else's bike leaned up near by that I can use. And that way, theirs is the one to get covered in beer!

Post a reply to: What's Your Favorite Tool & Bike Part to Open a Beer?

The Latest