History Lesson: Evolve

k.shiz
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 8:11am
This week's lesson: Trials, old trials. Ask anyone in that limited scene who has been around a while who the most important film maker is to trials and they will invariably say Reed Merschat. I say film maker because Reed used "film" in his videos too. Revolution and Evolve are trials icons. Contact was one of the first videos to showcase a new trend of street riding. Guys like Ryan and Jeff were big parts of these movies before they were in Kranked or NWD.

This video (and the predecessor Revolution) may be dated today but a little over ten years ago, these videos opened up a whole new world of what was possible on a bike to my friends and me. Trials used to be a regular and pretty big part of Sea Otter, it used to be around the nationals when those were big events, and it made me love the freedom of riding a bike.

Anyways, trials is apparently not cool so hate on, haters. Everyone else, enjoy the video.
|
mgolland45
3/25/2010 7:29pm
this was the first bike movie I ever owned, gotta love it
MW
3/26/2010 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2010 10:16am
No hate here, pure love! Own that vid and was the first time I saw other guys riding the way I wanted to ride. Roots, just as Tomac or Miles did for DH, these guys influnced alot of the curent street riders. And they all still rip today! Viva la Trials!

Post a reply to: History Lesson: Evolve

The Latest