All Things World Champs

sspomer
Edited Date/Time 9/7/2015 4:45am
There's nothing like a World Champs, especially when it's on a track like Andorra! I'll fill this first post up with links of content as we go. Chime in with internet racing and news if you hear it!

DH Bikes
WINNING BIKE - Loic Bruni's Lapierre DH
WINNING BIKE - Rachel Atherton's GT Fury
Aaron Gwin's Specialized Demo
Loic and Loris Lapierre Bikes
Ratboy's Santa Cruz V10cc
Sam Hill's Nukeproof Pulse
Brendog's Scott Gambler
Greg Minnaar's Santa CruzV10cc
Connor Fearon's Kona Operator 27.5
Troy Brosnan's Specialized Demo
Myriam Nicole's Commencal Supreme V4
Danny Hart's Mondraker Summum
Rachel Atherton's GT Fury
Martin Maes' GT Fury
Neko Mulally's Scott Gambler
Andrew Crimmins' Kona Operator 27.5

XC Bikes
Kulhavy's Specialized Epic 'Lean'
Fumic's Cannondale Scalpel
Fumic's Cannondale F-Si
Nino Schurter's Scott Spark

Slideshows & Videos
World Champs XC Slideshow
Parkin Bros' World Champs Recap Video
CHAMPIONS CROWNED - DH Finals Slideshow
Gee's World Champs Crash Video
Rachel Atherton's Winning Run
COUNTING DOWN - Timed Training Slideshow
HOLY CRAP - Vital RAW 3
DH Slip 'n Slide Slideshow from Friday
Vital RAW 2 - Slippin' and Slidin'
CRASH VIDEO - Andorra DH Friday
Ratboy Helmet Cam from Friday
XCO Helmet Cam with Claudio
Wet & Wild DH Action Slideshow
Vital RAW 1 from World Champs
Track Walk and Industry Champs Slideshow
Claudio and Cedric Andorra Helmet Cam

Results and Lists
RESULTS: DH Finals
RESULTS: Elite XCO Finals
Elite DH Finals Start List
RESULTS - Elite DH Timed Training
Elite DH Timed Training Start List
RESULTS - U23 XCO
Junior DH Finals Start List
RESULTS - Junior DH Seeding
Junior DH Seeding Start List
RESULTS - Junior XCO
RESULTS - XCR / XC Team Relay
RESULTS - XC Eliminator
DH Rider Entry List

WIN ROCKSHOX BOXXER WORLD CUP! Vital OTB, World Champs

Sept 3: Post-practice report: The day started off nicely then it rained and hailed and turned into a complete, sloppy mess. Some riders didn't bother practicing. Weather seems to be nicer throughout the weekend though.

Sam Hill by Fraser Britton from Thursday Practice

Sept 4: Friday weather before Junior Seeding and DH practice

|
sspomer
9/3/2015 1:37pm
sorry, i accidentally deleted the original. let's try again : )

peaty the prerunner
sspomer
9/3/2015 1:44pm
Troy owning it this morning.

Sequence by Fraser Britton

sampers
9/3/2015 2:23pm
Duvel... not the best beer to do 'bottoms up' with :D
Acadian
9/3/2015 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 2:48pm
Let's see if the Wold Champ curse of chrome/polished bikes continues this weekend.

Little history lesson:

I also believe Fabien B. was riding a polished bike when he badly broke this leg...
chup29
9/3/2015 3:21pm
I would still trade everything for that silver Sunday... Preferably with a bent left crank
sspomer
9/3/2015 5:38pm
i added junior DH seeding start list for tomorrow (friday) if anyone is interested.

juniors have seeding, but elites just have "timed training" on saturday, so it's a bit different than a regular world cup.
sspomer
9/3/2015 6:19pm
gwin's and troy's bike for comparison (and lust)

Acadian
9/3/2015 8:10pm
Interesting that Troy took off his custom painted Renthal bars...superstitious?
Pininator
9/3/2015 8:33pm
Acadian wrote:
Let's see if the Wold Champ curse of chrome/polished bikes continues this weekend. Little history lesson: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2015/09/03/2506/s1200_Peaty_Bike_two.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2015/09/03/2507/s1200_SamHillp4pb2425908.jpg[/img] I also believe Fabien B. was riding a...
Let's see if the Wold Champ curse of chrome/polished bikes continues this weekend.

Little history lesson:

I also believe Fabien B. was riding a polished bike when he badly broke this leg...
Those two particular bikes have too much in common...not sure which of those crashes was more devastating - both riders were waaaaaay up on the rest of the field within sight of the finish.
sspomer
9/4/2015 12:08pm
Elite DH timed training start list added.

remember there is no qualifying or seeding for Elite. timed training on saturday is their only official gauge of speed and does not determine order/rank on race day. #cantwait
krisrayner
9/6/2015 8:49pm
Gwin crashed in 09 at Canberra on his raw silver Yeti 303....seems to be something here
9/7/2015 4:45am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2015 12:38pm
Acadian wrote:
Let's see if the Wold Champ curse of chrome/polished bikes continues this weekend. Little history lesson: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2015/09/03/2506/s1200_Peaty_Bike_two.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2015/09/03/2507/s1200_SamHillp4pb2425908.jpg[/img] I also believe Fabien B. was riding a...

Little history lesson:

Polished bike (with supremely talented rider at the handlebar) takes the win.

Vindication!

Redemption!

THE CURSE IS DEAD!!

All joking aside, I am so very, very stoked for Bruni. He is truly one of modern downhill's greatest sportsman, and has officially cemented his status as legendary. My single favorite moment all season was in Ft Bill: Minnaar smokes 'em to take his 17th WC win and tie Peaty's record. Bruni qualified first, so he's last rider down. As soon as he crossed the line, he knew what was up, and pointed right at the victorious Minnaar on the hotseat. He ditched his bike, pounded his fist on his chest walking straight to Greg for a huge congratulatory hug; all his focus was on his friend's victory and not his own loss. Very similar moment in Lenzerheide also, when Minnaar broke the record.

I've always found that Minnaar is one of the true gentlemen of our sport, and it looks like his sportsmanship is rubbing off on Bruni. With all that in mind, I watched the podium ceremony at the very end of the replay, and it is very clear that there is a huge mutual admiration society going on between Bruni and the Syndicate lads. Seeing Bruni tear up at the end of La Marseillaise made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. After the bad-luck season he had, that win must feel pretty special. I guess two curses were broken yesterday...

Post a reply to: All Things World Champs

The Latest