help: dirt jumper singlespeed rear hubs

Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 6:50am
can you guys point me to some single speed rear hubs for my dirt jumper? 10x135...i'm tired of the spaced out 8/9 speed hub. disc, specific.

i've seen the NS rotary's which look cool, as well as the new atomlabs, but are there others? NO 36 HOLE ONLY options, please. who really runs a 36 hole wheel anymore?

|
Simcik
3/6/2010 2:54pm
I have been PUMPED on my hadley single speed hub. Still has a couple of proprietary spacers to fine tune your chainline. Ti bolts hold the wheel in place
sspomer
3/6/2010 3:03pm
shouldn't you be digging simcik?

what do you mean about proprietary spacers with the hadley? just curious.
Simcik
3/6/2010 4:00pm
sspomer wrote:

Dug from 8:30 till about 3, pretty worked....

My Hadley Singlespeed came with two spacers, one for each side of the cog. They are pretty cool, I will try and get a pic of it when my camera gets back in town
EMC2
3/11/2010 9:22pm
I think KHE offer a Geisha hub. Jenson Cycles have a gold one on sale for just over a $100. I know they make good BMX hubs, but have not tried the MTB ones.
sspomer
3/11/2010 9:57pm
that geisha for $107 on jenson looks like so much fun!
TCOAD
3/21/2010 8:20am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2016 10:18am
geisha's are a lot of upkeep, they're difficult to maintain, and they're horrible on engagement, the best two hubs for singlespeed urban/jumping/park/whatever else you need a strong SS hub is the NS Revolver rear hub, strong as you get, or the DMR 6 pawl singlespeed hub, they're the fastest two engaging SS hubs on the market, and the NS is absolutely bombproof. if you ride a lot of park, the Geisha would be okay, once you get used to it, but i ended up getting rid of it, because of the frequent maintenance. for dj, i'd say the DMR because it's a little cheaper than the NS

DMR Hub:
http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=products&pageType=item&category=10&Cat…

NS Bikes Hub:
http://www.nsbikes.com/
go to: Products>Parts>Rotary Rear
Marting14
4/6/2010 4:20pm
sspomer wrote:

Simcik wrote:
Dug from 8:30 till about 3, pretty worked.... My Hadley Singlespeed came with two spacers, one for each side of the cog. They are pretty cool...
Dug from 8:30 till about 3, pretty worked....

My Hadley Singlespeed came with two spacers, one for each side of the cog. They are pretty cool, I will try and get a pic of it when my camera gets back in town
Do you think you could give me your input on the hadleys? what do you like dislike about them because i've been thinking about buying some but haven't heard much about them. thanks. id be using them for DJ by the way
Inthebay
4/15/2010 3:18pm
I ordered up a set of atomlab wheels ( front is pimplite 20mm to a pimplite blue rim, Rear is Pimp hub to pimplite blue rim) and I have to say, I saved a ton of money by going through Rattbones on pinkbike. Total was $340 CAD for both wheels, including an odyssey 13t freewheel. Hubs looks super strong to me.
JackHoobler
11/24/2010 1:55pm
The NS is an amazing hub. I'm running it right now and it's light, looks good and has a bushing 9t driver. It's a better choice than the KHE or Atomlab.
1/24/2011 12:51pm
TCOAD wrote:
geisha's are a lot of upkeep, they're difficult to maintain, and they're horrible on engagement, the best two hubs for singlespeed urban/jumping/park/whatever else you need a...
geisha's are a lot of upkeep, they're difficult to maintain, and they're horrible on engagement, the best two hubs for singlespeed urban/jumping/park/whatever else you need a strong SS hub is the NS Revolver rear hub, strong as you get, or the DMR 6 pawl singlespeed hub, they're the fastest two engaging SS hubs on the market, and the NS is absolutely bombproof. if you ride a lot of park, the Geisha would be okay, once you get used to it, but i ended up getting rid of it, because of the frequent maintenance. for dj, i'd say the DMR because it's a little cheaper than the NS

DMR Hub:
http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=products&pageType=item&category=10&Cat…

NS Bikes Hub:
http://www.nsbikes.com/
go to: Products>Parts>Rotary Rear
the only reason the geisha is tough on engagement is because its a freecoaster. its like that by design. i have it myself and i love it. they arent hard to keep running either. just pull it apart every month and regrease it. takes 30 min. it becomes part of your typical bike maintenance.
1/24/2011 7:34pm
I have the NSbikes Rotary in chrome and blue on my Blkmrkt Riot and I love it. Its super strong and feels quite light. REALLY loud, which I personally love but might not be your thing. I was looking at the atomlabs as well at first but super stoked with the NS, they look awesome too, especially if you go for a few other matching NS bits like I did, with the matching front 20mm hub, stem and pedals.
Punjab
3/29/2011 12:24pm
I just laced up one of the new Profile Elite hubs and its nothing short of incredible. Super pricey retail though.
Big Bird
4/3/2011 9:35am
There's a generic ss hub that a lot of companies such as Specialized, Novara, Woodman, Planet X etc. put their name on. My friend Jason figured out that an Odessey BMX driver fits right on to replace the multi piece freewheel. just switch the bearings and loose one spacer. Clean, light and you can run a nine tooth driver. Jason runs a super compact 18-9 drivetrain using nano drive cranks. I run mine at 22-11.
Uncle Cliffy
4/17/2011 5:52pm
sspomer wrote:

Hadley just makes really nice spacers for their SS hubs. (The whole package comes with Ti allen bolts too. Pretty flossy.)

Here's a pic:
D.O.M.B
5/30/2011 3:41am
Profile if you want a hub with a lo of options. comes in 36h and you can switch out parts like drivers axles and bearings if you would like to mill your drop outs to 14mm spec . The NS is lighter but your limited to hole options due to there lack of availability and you can't do things like run pegs ( if you like to ride street) Ernes from NS says though he does run pegs with his rotary hub but the CEO's won't back this back this up.
Some of the other hubs shown here are limited to gearing too. the ones that come with the spacer style cassette is only as low a 12t. the profile you can run 9t to what ever . And I think they are releasing a 8t cassette soon.
RJ2
7/6/2011 2:34pm
the hope SS is bad ass!
D.O.M.B
7/6/2011 4:19pm
I found this one today thinkin about using it for my next wheel set
Halo makes it

Post a reply to: help: dirt jumper singlespeed rear hubs

The Latest